7 subs allowed next season

Dokko

Will suit teams with big squads down to the ground as players will be on the bench & feel more wanted than if they were in the stands. Will also benefit managers as they will be able to do more like for like subs & not need to think about re-jigging the team.

Who cares about restrictions for subs ffs :iamatwat:. WOW LOOK AT THE BENCH IT HAS TWO LADS ON IT WHO DONT PLAY!!!! But they are U21 & English  :thup:

This is brilliant news imo, i hope the 2 extra places have conditions though, ie must be home grown under 21 academy (former) players to help promote the youth policies of clubs.

:thup:

Hmm, Celtic & Rangers don't agree with that. Seem to remember Smith or Strachan having a moan at the rule saying they have to have two academy players on the bench because it's been making them put players nowhere good enough on the bench, which makes them think they've already "made it".

Apart from that little rule though, about f*cking time.

Call me cynical, but does this not favour the 'big four' disproportionately?

For an illustration of why, look at Manchester United's bench this weekend, then look at Newcastle, Villa or Everton's. Then imagine who the next two subs would be for the latter three clubs, and who they would be for Man United.

You can all thank Daniel Levy for this :thup:

Yeah, just seen the smarmy little fuck on SSN talking about how all clubs have big squads, all clubs will benefit, blah, blah, blah.  Of course Spurs was behind it, he said they've been working on it for a year.  Suits them more than most clubs.

Call me cynical, but does this not favour the 'big four' disproportionately?

For an illustration of why, look at Manchester United's bench this weekend, then look at Newcastle, Villa or Everton's. Then imagine who the next two subs would be for the latter three clubs, and who they would be for Man United.

Most of the major other European leagues have 7 subs to choose from, the same in European competition.  Nothing more than falling into line with the rest tbh.  About time too.

Its a shame they are not going down my route and having stipulations though, would surely benefit the NT in years to come, even if its just a little bit, but every little helps.

Strachen can moan as much as he wants about turning average players into stars, but Scotland right now have their strongest NT squad in a long time, and most of it is young, coincidence? I reckon not.

So what if it fills a bigger clubs bench with highly paid foreign internationals, there is still going to be unhappy faces, but the smaller clubs will give youth a chance, and while a career spirals down on the bench at one club, a young career could be starting at another.

This is brilliant news imo, i hope the 2 extra places have conditions though, ie must be home grown under 21 academy (former) players to help promote the youth policies of clubs.

:thup:

toons taylor in good idea shocker

Said it several times on this site tbh.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44151.msg966515#msg966515

>:(

France introduced this 14 years ago. Good idea though.