Keegan is

Guest K9

Hang on, I thought you were happy to see Dyer go, because we brought in Smith. You've always linked the two when defending Smith, now you say Dyer wasn't replaced?

No, I've never saw Smith as a replacement for Dyer, I just think he was a player available at the time and if anything a replacement for Ameobi in advance of showing the door to Ameobi. I've said this before Dave, when I had discussions with baggy, who said he was a direct replacement for Dyer. He may have been in monetary terms [worrying in itself] but not from a playing point of view and the wheeling and dealing that the new manager was making at the time.

To date, we haven't replaced Dyer with someone to take his place, of similar attributes but a better attitude and would play more. And we certainly haven't replaced Solano, although they may have thought Duff could do it to be fair.

Looking at the squad though, overall we lost these 2 players and didn't replace them with players who could step straight into the team and take their place.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be s***.

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks s****. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

The entire structure of our attack and midfield is all wrong. The partnerships up front and in central midfield are all wrong in both areas.

what partnerships are they ? there hasn't been time to forge any partnerships since keegan came in. i doubt smith is his first choice forward nor barton/butt his first choice central midfield.

You see, people are making excuses for the new board not backing Keegan ie you and mick who didn't reply to my earlier question.

Keegan isnt' going to say anything other than what he said, because he quite firmly said that he wanted to bring in 2 or 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

So what do you think changed, when players moved during the window ? And don't forget about other players such as Bentley who's transfer value has most definitely gone up in the last week or two ie buying him in the summer will cost more than buying him in January, so whats this nonsense about people saying wait until the summer all about ? Especially when we are in a relegation struggle.

Fact is, the new board have cocked up with their policy, and they haven't recognised we have been playing a dangerous game with a squad short of numbers and quality.

The central midfield balance between Butt, Faye, Emre, Barton is weak and unbalanced. The central strikers of Owen, Smith, Martins, Viduka is the same.

Take into account other positions ie Enrique cost 6m quid and has hardly played, the failure to replace Solano. You are talking about major changes to the team here, and it won't be done looking around at 17 year old kids and cheap players out of contract alone.

They have failed to understand football and grasp what was needed.

didn't even see your earlier question.

keegan also quite firmly stated that in his view he couldn't get in anyone who was better than what we already had.

could it be the board have left it to the manager to decide ?

You see, this is the bit that I simply don't buy. We know Keegan, we all know he wants results yesterday. There is no way he hasn't came in and decided instantly that we need a striker and midfield player, and didn't already know players playing for clubs lower and/or smaller than us who would improve us overnight. Whats wrong with bidding for these players ?

He's being conservative with the truth, and rightly so in his position. He's missed off, at the end of his sentence, "for the money I have at the moment".

We are playing a dangerous game, dicing with our premiership status here.

or the players weren't available at the time?.

the woodgate bid wasn't leaked by NUFC the levante centre half thing wasn't denied by NUFC ..they say nowt. we have no idea who they went after in the most part.

for example...if we had bid for bentley,blackburn would hardly want it going public as they may have an unsettled player if an auction starts knowing full well that they'd get more in the summer if they wanted to sell.

i agree we are playing a dangerous game but you may well be falling for the idea of "because i don't see action then none is happening" during the window.

I can accept that is possible.

However, we know that Benjani was available, because he moved. Keegan may well think he wouldn't do better than Viduka, Smith or be a better partner for Owen or Martins, do you think so ? I don't.

The club - or somebody at the club - failed to grasp the need to replace Solano and Dyer, at least, letting them both go on transfer deadline day, and 5 months later still don't grasp it.

no but it's more than possible he didn't want to sign someone like that just until the end of the season when he'd want to get better again in.

FWIW i'd take martins,played correctly over benjani.

Keegan might like Martins, in the short term he might get more consistency of performance and application from him, but my guess is in the long term he'll get shot of him.

What's the point in signing another striker? The ones we have are good enough with the exception of Alan Smith. The problem is the midfield. It doesn't provide for the strikers and it doesn't protect the defence. We could buy Drogba, Henry, Carew and Benjani and we'd still be s***.

We're desperate for a striker in the summer imo. I think central midfield is probably the biggest problem but I'm not convinced any of our strikers are 'good enough'. Viduka is technically good and will score a few but his lack of mobility greatly limits any team. Shola isn't good enough, that's been pretty much proven. Smith looks s****. Martins is very inconsistent and Owen is rarely fit, half the player he was and potentially away in just over a year's time.

The entire structure of our attack and midfield is all wrong. The partnerships up front and in central midfield are all wrong in both areas.

what partnerships are they ? there hasn't been time to forge any partnerships since keegan came in. i doubt smith is his first choice forward nor barton/butt his first choice central midfield.

You see, people are making excuses for the new board not backing Keegan ie you and mick who didn't reply to my earlier question.

Keegan isnt' going to say anything other than what he said, because he quite firmly said that he wanted to bring in 2 or 3 players before the end of the transfer window.

So what do you think changed, when players moved during the window ? And don't forget about other players such as Bentley who's transfer value has most definitely gone up in the last week or two ie buying him in the summer will cost more than buying him in January, so whats this nonsense about people saying wait until the summer all about ? Especially when we are in a relegation struggle.

Fact is, the new board have cocked up with their policy, and they haven't recognised we have been playing a dangerous game with a squad short of numbers and quality.

The central midfield balance between Butt, Faye, Emre, Barton is weak and unbalanced. The central strikers of Owen, Smith, Martins, Viduka is the same.

Take into account other positions ie Enrique cost 6m quid and has hardly played, the failure to replace Solano. You are talking about major changes to the team here, and it won't be done looking around at 17 year old kids and cheap players out of contract alone.

keegan also quite firmly stated that in his view he couldn't get in anyone who was better than what we already had.

You see, this is the bit that I simply don't buy. We know Keegan, we all know he wants results yesterday. There is no way he hasn't came in and decided instantly that we need a striker and midfield player, and didn't already know players playing for clubs lower and/or smaller than us who would improve us overnight. Whats wrong with bidding for these players ?

He's being conservative with the truth, and rightly so in his position. He's missed off, at the end of his sentence, "for the money I have at the moment".

the woodgate bid wasn't leaked by NUFC the levante centre half thing wasn't denied by NUFC ..they say nowt. we have no idea who they went after in the most part.

for example...if we had bid for bentley,blackburn would hardly want it going public as they may have an unsettled player if an auction starts knowing full well that they'd get more in the summer if they wanted to sell.

i agree we are playing a dangerous game but you may well be falling for the idea of "because i don't see action then none is happening" during the window.

However, we know that Benjani was available, because he moved. Keegan may well think he wouldn't do better than Viduka, Smith or be a better partner for Owen or Martins, do you think so ? I don't.

The club - or somebody at the club - failed to grasp the need to replace Solano and Dyer, at least, letting them both go on transfer deadline day, and 5 months later still don't grasp it.

no but it's more than possible he didn't want to sign someone like that just until the end of the season when he'd want to get better again in.

Keegan might like Martins, in the short term he might get more consistency of performance and application from him, but my guess is in the long term he'll get shot of him.

that would mean geting better in which i'm all infavour of, i know you onlyused benajni as an example but i wouldn't have gone for him. i think there are goals there but the central midfield is poor

that would mean geting better in which i'm all infavour of, i know you onlyused benajni as an example but i wouldn't have gone for him. i think there are goals there but the central midfield is poor

it would seem that he needs to get more from Martins too, if we are to win these 3 or 4 games we need to win to stay up.

I'm always in favour of getting better, but this is a different situation to the one where he sold Cole and waited for Ferdinand.

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Midfield is non-existent.

Defense looks shambolic.

None of these issues were addressed in the transfer window.

Bench reads like a list of our best players.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

We're sliding down the table at an alarming rate.

...but apart from that he's done a pretty decent job so far.

Most of that was true before Keegan took over, otherwise Allardyce wouldn't have been sacked. Liverpool, Portsmouth and so on...remember? Only a clueless, media-led t*** would judge Keegan on a team he has inherited. If anybody needs reminding, it started going downhill AFTER Keegan left 11 years ago. It's hardly fair he gets the blame for the shambles left behind by his predecessors, the honorable SBR excluded.

...and only a clueless media-led twat would have had Allerdyce sacked in the first place. Tottenham, West Ham and so on...remember?

Keegan had a chance to make changes (all be it small changes) in January, but he failed to do so. Only a man who's letting his heart rule his head would suggest Keegan has done anything but a poor job so far...

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

Most of that was true before Keegan took over, otherwise Allardyce wouldn't have been sacked. Liverpool, Portsmouth and so on...remember? Only a clueless, media-led t*** would judge Keegan on a team he has inherited. If anybody needs reminding, it started going downhill AFTER Keegan left 11 years ago. It's hardly fair he gets the blame for the shambles left behind by his predecessors, the honorable SBR excluded.

...and only a clueless media-led t*** would have had Allerdyce sacked in the first place. Tottenham, West Ham and so on...remember?

Keegan had a chance to make changes (all be it small changes) in January, but he failed to do so. Only a man who's letting his heart rule his head would suggest Keegan has done anything but a poor job so far...

he's had 5 games mate. 2 of which were against a team we were never going to beat away from home in our current state. one was against a team who sat back for 90 mins and came to spoil the party.

to judge keegan after 5 games is simply moronic, and is THE main reason we are the laughing stock of the country

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

...and only a clueless media-led twat would have had Allerdyce sacked in the first place. Tottenham, West Ham and so on...remember?

Agree with Big TRon.

We were/are so fucking shit, the board had little choice but to get rid of the last fat cunt. KK has a fuckin massive job on his hands and you are slaggin him off after 2 weeks.

We are an absolute shambles of a team, no fuckin manager in England could do much more with this crock of shite. It will take years to sort us out, not days, not weeks, not months, fucking years. Now you're having a go at KK and Ashley, nice one.

Who that got sold in the window would you have wanted at Nufc? And how would they have improved us?

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

...and only a clueless media-led t*** would have had Allerdyce sacked in the first place. Tottenham, West Ham and so on...remember?

he's had 5 games mate. 2 of which were against a team we were never going to beat away from home in our current state. one was against a team who sat back for 90 mins and came to spoil the party.

to judge keegan after 5 games is simply moronic, and is THE main reason we are the laughing stock of the country

FFS read the God damn post. I haven't made a snap judgment, I've simply summed up the job he's done so far, he may improve on the other hand he may not, its impossible to say, sacking him so soon would be ludicrous. Shame Allerdyce wasn't given the time Keegan will be...

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

FFS read the God damn post. I haven't made a snap judgment, I've simply summed up the job he's done so far, he may improve on the other hand he may not, its impossible to say, sacking him so soon would be ludicrous. Shame Allerdyce wasn't given the time Keegan will be...

Thank fuck he wasnt.

Hang on, I thought you were happy to see Dyer go, because we brought in Smith. You've always linked the two when defending Smith, now you say Dyer wasn't replaced?

No, I've never saw Smith as a replacement for Dyer, I just think he was a player available at the time and if anything a replacement for Ameobi in advance of showing the door to Ameobi. I've said this before Dave, when I had discussions with baggy, who said he was a direct replacement for Dyer. He may have been in monetary terms [worrying in itself] but not from a playing point of view and the wheeling and dealing that the new manager was making at the time.

To date, we haven't replaced Dyer with someone to take his place, of similar attributes but a better attitude and would play more. And we certainly haven't replaced Solano, although they may have thought Duff could do it to be fair.

Looking at the squad though, overall we lost these 2 players and didn't replace them with players who could step straight into the team and take their place.

Stop backtracking.

Allardyce said himself that Smith was Dyer's replacement and it was a shocking decision, if it was how you suggest and that he preferred to replace one 4th choice striker with another instead of bothering replacing Dyer at all then it was an even worse decision, his pace, off the ball movement and his ability to get in behind defenders to help us stretch teams is what we're crying out for right now, lets hope Keegan spots this and moves to cover up what was fat Sam's biggest transfer blunder.

There is some catching up to do reg the new football environment, but a properly motivated KK is a good manager of that there is no doubt really. He's played the game all over the world and has been loved in most places he's been. Excellent motivator and man-manager and has a good overview of football and how it should be played. Tactically has always been a bit suspect as he admits himself, but really footie isn't as complex as some who make a living writing about it make out.

Hasn't won a game.

Attack looks toothless.

Defense looks shambolic.

No assistant manager.

Five-a-side in training.

Fitness is woeful.

Thank f*** he wasnt.

Ironic how the man who claimed Keegan had a big job on his hand, doesn't mention the task big Sam faced. The fact is we don't need football at this moment in time we need to be difficult to beat and although we produced some stinkers under his reign he was still getting somewhere, like you say it takes years to build a football team...

I'd have given Allardyce the sack earlier or given him until about the Man U game coming up then sacked him and given a new manager an easier start.  Any lift from a new manager has been lost because of who we have played recently and we're now relying on Keegan being a better manager than Allardyce, which I think he is anyway.

I'd have given Allardyce the sack earlier or given him until about the Man U game coming up then sacked him and given a new manager an easier start.  Any lift from a new manager has been lost because of who we have played recently and we're now relying on Keegan being a better manager than Allardyce, which I think he is anyway.

Good plan.

Guest Milburnthedog

What a depressing thread. Doom and gloom all around. We knew the fixtures when BSA went the journey, we saw the football and footballers he brought to our Club. There was no possibility it was going to get better. It wouldn't have next season either, we have a team of demotivated 'stars' with the possibility of the bad run continuing for a fair few weeks yet.

KK didn't need to come here, he wanted to. Why, because last time we were so close to something fantastic we could all sniff it. The place was buzzing, players wanted to come to be a part of it. You know what? they will again. But, we need to get through this crappy time together. And I mean together. The press and most of the population want him to fail. Of course they do. For the press it sells papers, sells more advertising, makes money. Those pics of Newcastle fans with their head in their hands is manna from heaven to the scum sucking pond life. Other teams see us as an emerging threat. Yes, a threat because thats what we will become when Kevin and Newcastle United start to roll in the right direction.

Can Ashley support the change required? too bloody right they can. Is the structure in place? It's getting there, no doubt back room staff will come at the end of the season when they will be able to move easier. Does Kevin know what he needs? Of course he does. He did last time and has 10 years more experience to go with it.

So what needs to happen? Simple, we need to get to the close season in the Premiership. Thats it. Then change will happen.

How do we retain our status in the Premiership. We pull together and give Newcastle United the support we know we can. All of us. This is no time for argument, division, name calling and twitchy arses. No time at all. Do not allow the press and sniping coming from outside to get in at all. SJP has to become a fortress. A hostile place as it bloody should be. Players will then be in no doubt that they have a responsibility to play to their best with no excuses. Their best is better than at least 3 other teams in this division. Home points will keep us up and then watch things happen. This summer will be a fantastic time watching players come in to make us better, much much better. Home wins are what we need, anything away will be a bonus.

Let the outside world know we are truly, Newcastle UNITED. Let our Manager and Owner know we are right behind them in everything we say and do. Stuff the press, let them find stories else where. Get rid of these negatives and excuses. Newcastle United FC is far more important than that.

What a depressing thread. Doom and gloom all around. We knew the fixtures when BSA went the journey, we saw the football and footballers he brought to our Club. There was no possibility it was going to get better. It wouldn't have next season either, we have a team of demotivated 'stars' with the possibility of the bad run continuing for a fair few weeks yet.

KK didn't need to come here, he wanted to. Why, because last time we were so close to something fantastic we could all sniff it. The place was buzzing, players wanted to come to be a part of it. You know what? they will again. But, we need to get through this crappy time together. And I mean together. The press and most of the population want him to fail. Of course they do. For the press it sells papers, sells more advertising, makes money. Those pics of Newcastle fans with their head in their hands is manna from heaven to the scum sucking pond life. Other teams see us as an emerging threat. Yes, a threat because thats what we will become when Kevin and Newcastle United start to roll in the right direction.

Can Ashley support the change required? too bloody right they can. Is the structure in place? It's getting there, no doubt back room staff will come at the end of the season when they will be able to move easier. Does Kevin know what he needs? Of course he does. He did last time and has 10 years more experience to go with it.

So what needs to happen? Simple, we need to get to the close season in the Premiership. Thats it. Then change will happen.

How do we retain our status in the Premiership. We pull together and give Newcastle United the support we know we can. All of us. This is no time for argument, division, name calling and twitchy arses. No time at all. Do not allow the press and sniping coming from outside to get in at all. SJP has to become a fortress. A hostile place as it bloody should be. Players will then be in no doubt that they have a responsibility to play to their best with no excuses. Their best is better than at least 3 other teams in this division. Home points will keep us up and then watch things happen. This summer will be a fantastic time watching players come in to make us better, much much better. Home wins are what we need, anything away will be a bonus.

Let the outside world know we are truly, Newcastle UNITED. Let our Manager and Owner know we are right behind them in everything we say and do. Stuff the press, let them find stories else where. Get rid of these negatives and excuses. Newcastle United FC is far more important than that.

Cracking post, if only the blind could see it.

He just looks beleaguered to me everytime I see him. I think the stress and pressure will get to him big time unfortunately.

Still think you should have given Allardyce until the summer and some proper money to spend in Jan then reviewed the situation.

NO!!, stop that talk right now :)  No offence but you had to be hear and see every game over the last 8 months to know just how absolutely crazy what you're suggesting really is.  If he'd actually managed to keep us up (because I really couldn't see him even managing to beat the likes of Fulham, Wigan and Sunderland at home with his tactics) giving him big money to spend would only have set us back even further.  Which means next season would also be a right off.

A fantastic rallying call. Howay the lads. :thup:

Excellent post. :clap:

Good post, but at times like these do you ever get the feeling this "change" will never come, you've got to look at the flip side...