The papers from when Newcastle won stuff

Happy Face

A vague point that relates to this thread, Stanley Rous, as pictured in the paper is silly. He taught at my school, a long time ago and was the man responsible for turning my school from a football playing school into a rugby playing school; we have not played football against other schools ever since he left.  :rant:

A vague point that relates to this thread, Stanley Rous, as pictured in the paper is silly. He taught at my school, a long time ago and was the man responsible for turning my school from a football playing school into a rugby playing school; we have not played football against other schools ever since he left.  :rant:

Says a lot about the FA that does.

Some of our fans were singing 'youve never won fuck all' at you on Saturday. I pointed out that this was both gramatically AND factually highly suspect.

We had Everton fans singing the same thing at us at Goodison last season, which was most odd. Mind, there is probably a generation of fans who don't think anyone other than the big four have won owt.

Some of our fans were singing 'youve never won fuck all' at you on Saturday. I pointed out that this was both gramatically AND factually highly suspect.

We had Everton fans singing the same thing at us at Goodison last season, which was most odd. Mind, there is probably a generation of fans who don't think anyone other than the big four have won owt.

I always laugh when fans come out with 'you've never won fuck all' against us.

Trying to tell us we are always winning things, do they know something we don't?

"a pathetic looking cripple" :lol: writers back then didn't beat around the bush did they.

Can you imagine if that was written in the papers today!

The thing that struck me when I read that was that he's probably still like that now. Knee surgery on ligaments or cartilage back then was frankly crap, and lots of injuries to players that take them out for a few months now would have been career ending.

Some of our fans were singing 'youve never won f*** all' at you on Saturday. I pointed out that this was both gramatically AND factually highly suspect.

Some of our supporters are fucking idiots, Villa have won the Champions League and 3 league cups in 30 years.