Newcastle Res 1-1 Man City Res

Skirge

Still  can't understand why people rate Shola above Carroll.

Mate just told me Shola was woeful tonight. I'm sure someone coming on later will likely confirm this opinion.

I'd let him go now and rid the Club of this totally useless fucker. And yes, Carrol every time before Shola for me.

Geovanni controlled the tempo of the game in the first half. Karl Moore looks a good technical player, but is very skinny and small. Caicedo continually dived and was booked for simulation. Bojinov took his goal well.

Carroll ahead of Shola every time. Kadar looks impressive and played at left back. Tozer did ok, was outclassed by Edgar. Ngo Baheng looks a good player.

Geovanni controlled the tempo of the game in the first half. Karl Moore looks a good technical player, but is very skinny and small. Caicedo continually dived and was booked for simulation. Bojinov took his goal well.

Carroll ahead of Shola every time. Kadar looks impressive and played at left back. Tozer did ok, was outclassed by Edgar. Ngo Baheng looks a good player.

Elaborate!

My nephew and a few of his mates went down, they hung around after the match, got their photo's taken with Sven and the Man City lads + the Toon lads, said Sven was mint made one of his five bodyguards take the photo's .

:lol: five, whats he scared of?

Edgar told them he was in the squad for the Man Ure game, I was'nt aware Keegan announced the squad 2 weeks before a game :D mind no shock really if KK is sick to death of out shite defence, he may decide to give Edgar a shout.

My nephew and a few of his mates went down, they hung around after the match, got their photo's taken with Sven and the Man City lads + the Toon lads, said Sven was mint made one of his five bodyguards take the photo's .

:lol: five, whats he scared of?

Joey Barton? :ninja:

Shola was woeful like. Carroll looked the finished article in comparison. In the second half he was dropped back to midfield and Baheng went into attack. Keegan ran down the tunnel a few minutes after he went off. Presumably to have a word. I can only hope it was to explain why he won't figure in future plans.

Kadar did well at left back but none of the other newbies really shined. I wonder why Enrique doesn't get a run out in the reserves or in the first team.

Shola was woeful like. Carroll looked the finished article in comparison. In the second half he was dropped back to midfield and Baheng went into attack. Keegan ran down the tunnel a few minutes after he went off. Presumably to have a word. I can only hope it was to explain why he won't figure in future plans.

Kadar did well at left back but none of the other newbies really shined. I wonder why Enrique doesn't get a run out in the reserves or in the first team.

Bit worrying why Enriques not getting any mins on pitch WTF going on

Elaborate!

Edgar looked more comfortable against Mpenza and Caicdeo than Tozer did, however he did put in a great last ditch tackle on Bojinov.

Kadar handled Logan well and looked adapt at playing the ball around at the back and bringing it forward under pressure.

Ngo Baheng had a poor first touch, but has a bit of pace on him. He played left wing for about 25 minutes in the second half, but rarely used his left foot and often had to play the ball backwards to get it out of his feet.

Doninger had a poor game often losing the ball with stray passes. Carroll won almost every header against McDonald (similar build to Bramble) and Breen. He also had a few chances to score more than once! Breen was very poor for Man City, he scythed Carroll down in the first 20 minutes and it was his poor header which allowed Carroll to score.

Ameobi was like a passenger in the game, strolling around and for a 26 year old he didn't stand out amongst the younger players. Lua Lua goes on great runs beating 3 or 4 players at a time, but for 70 minutes he offered nothing else. Troisi wasn't afraid to have a shot, but lacked any accuracy.

Forster 6

Morris 6

Tozer 6

Edgar 8

Kadar 7

Ngo Baheng 7

Donniger 5 (McLaughlin)

Troisi 6

Lua Lua 6

Ameobi 4 (Donaldson)

Carroll 9

How fit did Johnson and Bojinov look to you Robbo?

Johnson looked off the pace and he didn't re-appear for the second half.

Bojinov did ok, took his goal well and linked up with Mpenza well. His first touch was awful, tried a back heel, it hit off his knee and went out for a throw in :lol: .

Geovanni ran the show for your side. Karl Moore impressed, but maybe is too slight for the Premiership. Caicedo is a diver, goes down too easily with slight contact, but has an extra burst of pace in the box to get past defenders. Gary Breen didn't impress and was often caught out at the back (his fault for the goal).

How fit did Johnson and Bojinov look to you Robbo?

Johnson looked off the pace and he didn't re-appear for the second half.

Bojinov did ok, took his goal well and linked up with Mpenza well. His first touch was awful, tried a back heel, it hit off his knee and went out for a throw in :lol: .

Geovanni ran the show for your side. Karl Moore impressed, but maybe is too slight for the Premiership. Caicedo is a diver, goes down too easily with slight contact, but has an extra burst of pace in the box to get past defenders. Gary Breen didn't impress and was often caught out at the back (his fault for the goal).

Thanks. Bojinov back sooner than Johnson by the sound of it.

I've heard some good things about Moore but I guess we'll never know until he gets a chance. Being small never stopped SWP/Lennon etc. Seems like Big Phil has a way to go tho, I thought he looked like a rabbit in the headlights on Sunday, he'll have to sort himself out if he wants a game. Can't be doing with big sissys.

Hopefully Edgar will get more of  look in now

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle United reserves coach Adam Sadler was delighted with the form of new Hungarian signing Tamas Kader in Monday's 1-1 draw with Manchester City.

Canada international David Edgar also impressed as Sadler reflected: "It was a really good performance against a very experienced team.

"If I had to pick out a few players I would say Edgar was magnificent.

"Fraser (Forster) made two great saves as well and Tamas Kader cruised through another game.

"Shola (Ameobi) worked tirelessly for the team and Andy (Carroll) showed real class again. He is a real handful."

MCFC: Isaksson, Obeng, Garrido, Jihai, Breen, Johnson, Logan, Gomez, Mpenza, Caicedo, Moore. Subs: Bojinov, Martin, McDonald, Nimely-Tchuimeni, Daly.

Monday's Chronicle carried quotes from reserve coach Adam Sandler to the effect that Emre would also feature. (.com)

:razz: