What happens when Martins returns?

Decky

Martins hasn't scared anybody so far this season. Like the rest of them.

Nowt to do with the fact that he's either been played out of position, from the bench or not at all?

Despite all of those factors he's STILL looked our best striker.

While I hope Martins scores six, I think you have a short memory. He wasn't doing anything before he went to Africa and I'm not expecting great things from him now.

Yes but i have illustrated my reasons why he wasn't doing anything. Put him in a 442 and it will be a different story.

Guest Sniffer

For a 22 year old to score that many goals, in the best league in the world, in his first season,

When did Martins score 8 goals in the La Liga?

Actually i ment for a club in the best league in the world (the premiership) and i ment his overall goals ;).

If you think that La Liga is the best league in the world you can f*** off over there.

My bad, the Premiership is the bestestest cos it's dominated by the "Big Four" and that, innit.

No i'm talking about entertainment mate.

La Liga has two top class clubs the rest are average as f***. The premiership has alot of very good sides in my opinion.

And a lot of bad sides which is the only reason we might not get relegated.

For a 22 year old to score that many goals, in the best league in the world, in his first season,

Actually i ment for a club in the best league in the world (the premiership) and i ment his overall goals ;).

If you think that La Liga is the best league in the world you can fuck off over there.

My bad, the Premiership is the bestestest cos it's dominated by the "Big Four" and that, innit.

17 points between 1st and 5th place in Spain.

17 points between 1st and 5th place here.

O0

If you think that La Liga is the best league in the world you can f*** off over there.

No i'm talking about entertainment mate.

La Liga has two top class clubs the rest are average as f***. The premiership has alot of very good sides in my opinion.

And a lot of bad sides which is the only reason we might not get relegated.

True but not as many bad sides as La Liga.

Harper

Taylor

Emre

Smith

Martins

Duff

Faye

will be a subs bench that most Premier League managers will envy next season.

Taylor is borderline atrocious. Always looks liable to give-away a freekick.

Smith... shit

Duff... totally ineffective

Smith = options and late on determination

Duff = attacking alternative, plus clever player to have on when defending a lead.

Taylor = headless chicken mode helps him throw himself in the way of everything, while not compromising the defensive unit as the four proper defenders remainon the pitch. Would also make a very good attacking substitution if we needed a goal.

Guest Sniffer

Harper

Taylor

Emre

Smith

Martins

Duff

Faye

Smith... s***

Duff = attacking alternative, plus clever player to have on when defending a lead.

Taylor = headless chicken mode helps him throw himself in the way of everything, while not compromising the defensive unit as the four proper defenders remainon the pitch. Would also make a very good attacking substitution if we needed a goal.

I'm not sure who can be described as a proper defender. Cacapa? I can still hear then laughing in portsmouth. Beye? Kept away from Ronaldo as mucha s possible I think once he knew that he' was getting turned inside out. Carr? N'zogbia? Lord Lucan? Even Faye looked like a carthorse the other day.

• 2 weeks later...

MARTINS SHOULD NEVER BE A STARTER BECAUSE HE'S NOT  FAMOUS, RICH, ENGLISH AND  WHITE LIKE OWEN

OH DEAR.

He's surely famous and rich, though? English and white, obviously not.

Michael Owen's never been in a music video though, so Martins wins there.

Harper

Taylor

Emre

Smith

Martins

Duff

Faye

Smith... shit

What kind of options does Smith give? The option to give away the fucking ball at every opportunity? The option to lunge in at every opportunity, even when a more conservative tackle would suffice? The option to be absolutely fucking atrocious?

Guest rebel_yell12
MARTINS SHOULD NEVER BE A STARTER BECAUSE HE'S NOT  FAMOUS, RICH, ENGLISH AND  WHITE LIKE OWEN

Can only hope this is sarcasm.  Honestly.

On that note, assuming it's sarcastic, I can't believe your problem is with Owen, and not Smith.  Which partnership would you rather have Martins-Smith or Martins-Owen? 

At least Owen has scored this season.  Hell, Owen is one of two players to score for Newcastle in the Premiership in 2008!  The other was a defender.  That's how bad the form has been.  Need Martins starting, keep Owen in, and hope the two of them can pull some sh** out of the nothing from the centermids.