Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

José Paolo Guerrero, if we are to sign any strikers. He's been awesome for HSV when I've seen him.

Would have been easier to sign him if Solano hadn't left.

Why did Guerrero leave Bayern in the first place btw?

I think he wanted to play first team football, and he was getting sick of being left out because of Makaay and Pizzaro. He's been benefiting from the move a lot. Developing nicely for HSV.

Well if he asks Nobby about us I don't think he will hear too bad things. But of course a deal would have been easier with Solano here.

Anyway, he's the kind of striker we need sooner or later. Scores every kind of goals, physical, pacy enough and hungry to prove himself at a higher level.

José Paolo Guerrero, if we are to sign any strikers. He's been awesome for HSV when I've seen him.

Would have been easier to sign him if Solano hadn't left.

Why did Guerrero leave Bayern in the first place btw?

I think he wanted to play first team football, and he was getting sick of being left out because of Makaay and Pizzaro. He's been benefiting from the move a lot. Developing nicely for HSV.

Well if he asks Nobby about us I don't think he will hear too bad things. But of course a deal would have been easier with Solano here.

Anyway, he's the kind of striker we need sooner or later. Scores every kind of goals, physical, pacy enough and hungry to prove himself at a higher level.

Yeah he's always looked good when I've seen him, and I think he's the level of player we could certainly attract.

Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Jermaine Jones - Shalke 04

Heurelho da Silva Gomes - PSV Eindhoven

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Heitinga has agreed to join A. Madrid in the summer, deal yet to be completely finalized but will likely go through.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/european/news/L25484325.php

Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Cardozo certainly looks a good player when i've seen him in champions league.

Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Wullie would hate him, he wouldn't know why but there would be something about him he just doesn't like.

Young Norwegian international and Rosenborg player Per Ciljan Skjelbred is an interesting prospect. I'm sure he has been mentioned on here before. Didn't have a good match tonight though, but has impressed several times when playing for Rosenborg, especially against Valencia.

He plays in central midfield. Runs a lot and is a good attacking player. Will be worth a look at least. Keegan should send some scouts over to Trondheim when the Norwegian league starts this weekend. He is also rumoured to be a Newcastle fan and he shouldn't be too expensive, maybe £2-3 million.

Guest NorwegianMag

I can actually confirm that he's a newcastle fan. He said that on a web interview. Good prospect.

Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Wullie would hate him, he wouldn't know why but there would be something about him he just doesn't like.

He's a real twat (not Wullie), which probably would be of help.

How about staying away from unproven foreign players for a change and focus on bringing in british talent to get up us the league next season, for example...

Scott Brown

Adian Mcgeady

Chris Burke

Richard Dunne

David Bentley

Dean Ashton

Jimmy Bullard

Jason Koumas

Nicky Shorey

to name a few

plus being Welsh and knowing we have some very good up and coming players coming through including Ched Evans, Sam Vokes, Aaron Ramsey and Joe Ledley.

Not saying this is going to happen by a long way, i just think there could be some sensible buys there and not out of our reach bearing in mind we are not going to be in europe next season.

Proven in OTHER leagues! Thats just my point! Havn't we made this mistake many times before???! Keegan has also wished he'd like players that are proven to be successful in the premier league...can we afford to make any more gambles shopping abroad?

Proven in OTHER leagues! Thats just my point! Havn't we made this mistake many times before???! Keegan has also wished he'd like players that are proven to be successful in the premier league...can we afford to make any more gambles shopping abroad?

We've made the mistake of buying players apparently proven in the premiership that have turned out rubbish aswell. Smith, Barton, Duff etc. It makes no difference to me whether they are from the premiership, la liga, serie a, or the bunesliga, all have the same amount of risk involved IMO.

How about staying away from unproven foreign players for a change and focus on bringing in british talent to get up us the league next season, for example...

Scott Brown

Adian Mcgeady

Chris Burke

Richard Dunne

David Bentley

Dean Ashton

Jimmy Bullard

Jason Koumas

Nicky Shorey

to name a few

plus being Welsh and knowing we have some very good up and coming players coming through including Ched Evans, Sam Vokes, Aaron Ramsey and Joe Ledley.

Not saying this is going to happen by a long way, i just think there could be some sensible buys there and not out of our reach bearing in mind we are not going to be in europe next season.

We'd have to pay three times as much and end up with half the talent though. There's only 1 (well maybe 2) players on that list worth looking at.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dunne and Bentley from that list.

Add

Modric

Fabiano

Alves (Porto)

Perfect summer

Given

Beye

Dunne

Alves

Jose

Bentley

Modric

Barton (still think hell come good)

Martins

Fabiano

Owen

Now your talkin!

i'd rather we buy attacking players from abroad, because bar McGeady or Bentley, i can't think of many decent creative players that we have a remote chance of getting..

as far as defenders, i guess it would be better if they are fluent in english.. but as there aren't many options, we'd be better off buying a couple more from Senegal or France, hire a french defensive coach and be done with it

Guest float one in

Scott Brown

Adian Mcgeady

Chris Burke

Richard Dunne

David Bentley

Dean Ashton

Jimmy Bullard

Jason Koumas

Nicky Shorey

to name a few

Good shout about proven British players - if KK gets in 4 or 5 players in the summer I'd like to see at least two of the type you've put on your list. Bullard is good to watch and would be a good player in the newcastle tradition, but as people have already said, he wants to be in London. Having said that, it would be interesting if Fulham go down and no London teams come in for him - would he consider us? Could KK use his legendary powers of persuasion and charm and sell us to him? I could see Redknapp being interested in him though, which might be hard to compete with, both for geographical and football reasons. He won't attract any bigger clubs than us imo, so it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility.

Koumas - now there's an idea! I know he's never done it consistently, especially in the premier, but he is a cracking footballer - could Keegan move him on a level and turn him into a top class midfielder for us? Mind, might have to pay over the odds, s they only bought him last summer for 5 mil, and their chairman wouldn't like selling him to Ashley one bit. I think Bentley is going to be attracting better teams than us, although hes happy at Blackburn isnt he? - assumng he wouldn't come here I would like to see him move abroad if he does get transfered, see how he gets on.

Anyone know whether the Barton legal situation is likely to be clared up by the summer? if it is, and Keegan likes what he's been seeing in training, Barton could still end up as our first choice attacking midfieder - we could see a different payer with no legal rubbish going on and a full KK pre-season under his belt. In that case a Barton-Bullard or Barton-Koumas midfield would be too lightweight. We need to be looking for a replacement for Butt anyway like, as i reckon next season might be a bridge too far for him. Maybe a foreigner with some real class on the ball as well as the discipine and work rate to anchor the midfield (Mascherano in my dreams  O0).

Why do people go on about Koumas like he's world class FFS! The guy is an above average Championship player and a shit Premiership player.

What's the deal? I'd be gutted if that's the standard of player we're looking to sign.

While we're at it let's sign Robert Earnshaw, Adi Akinbiyi, Martin Taylor, Lee Hendrie and Michael Duberry - they're all fucking class!

Guest sondre

Young Norwegian international and Rosenborg player Per Ciljan Skjelbred is an interesting prospect. I'm sure he has been mentioned on here before. Didn't have a good match tonight though, but has impressed several times when playing for Rosenborg, especially against Valencia.

He plays in central midfield. Runs a lot and is a good attacking player. Will be worth a look at least. Keegan should send some scouts over to Trondheim when the Norwegian league starts this weekend. He is also rumoured to be a Newcastle fan and he shouldn't be too expensive, maybe £2-3 million.

Agree. I think he will be sheer quality in a couple of years, maybe even next season if he was given the chance. He has pace, technique, can dribble and he works his arse off every match. I think he would cost more than 3 million though. Between 4 and 5 probably.

Why do people go on about Koumas like he's world class FFS! The guy is an above average Championship player and a s*** Premiership player.

What's the deal? I'd be gutted if that's the standard of player we're looking to sign.

While we're at it let's sign Robert Earnshaw, Adi Akinbiyi, Martin Taylor, Lee Hendrie and Michael Duberry - they're all f****** class!

indeed, fucking Koumas honestly

Thought this thread was Realistic Summer Targets???????? I'm just being realistic! In out current position attracting top foreign talent is very unlikely!!! Koumas is a good footballer and better than what we have already in the centre of midfield, i can see emre departing..bartons head is shot after all the shit hes gone through, butt is at the end now, smith is s*** in midfield, nzogbia is way too lightweight and geremi is very average! Signing koumas, bullard and players alike would strengthen the squad and IF we could tempt 'better' players then so be it  :thup:

Guest float one in

Thought this thread was Realistic Summer Targets???????? I'm just being realistic! In out current position attracting top foreign talent is very unlikely!!! Koumas is a good footballer and better than what we have already in the centre of midfield, i can see emre departing..bartons head is shot after all the s*** hes gone through, butt is at the end now, smith is s*** in midfield, nzogbia is way too lightweight and geremi is very average! Signing koumas, bullard and players alike would strengthen the squad and IF we could tempt 'better' players then so be it  :thup:

wouldn't argue with much of that, although Barton could yet give us something depending on how the court business turns out.

On Koumas, if we signed him I'd expect him to be better than we've seen him so far - playing and training with the likes of Owen, Butt, Barton and hopefully other quality players that KK will bring in, would hopefully push him on a level. And lets not forget the KK factor - we've seen what he can do in terms of getting the best out of players.

I understand people who say he's a Championship player, but I just think there's a class Premiership player in there if in the right environment, a good team and under a good manager. There aren't many British players around with his ability to make things happen on the ball. I'd say he could be as good as or better than David Dunn, but hopefully less injury prone. Can we realistically expect to attract much better this year?

As I said in a previous post, its a pity he's at Wigan as that could make it a bit tricky for us to sign him.

Lucho González - Porto

Oscar Cardozo - Benfica

Johnny Heitinga - Ajax

Ivan Rakitic - Shalke 04

Rasmus Lindgren - Ajax

Should be possible.

Lindgren is still to prove himself at Ajax, not even close to our national team and he's only had a few good games for Ajax. Don't think he's good enough.

Lucho Gonzalez though is fantastic. So is Rafinha of Schalke, but he's probably heading for something better, as is Gonzalez.