Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

He's awful.

I honestly think he's one of the most underrated players in the Premiership.

Truth.

No, he really is that bad.

He's like a headless chicken on amphetamines.

Nope. Everyone knows we're the sole employer of drugged-up headless chickens in the Prem.

Given this thread is about realistic targets, how about these to improve our squad for next season?;-

Steinsson (Bolton) - I've been really impressed with him since he went there. He'll not hang around if they go down surely? Great alernative to Habib.

McCartney (West Ham) - George, not Paul, has looked very steady for West Ham. I think he'd be a good reserve for Enrique.

Both get forward and help out there wingers, and have decent crossing ability.

Can't imagine either would cost over £2.5m.

Arshavin - I'd still like to see more of him, but from what I have seen so far, he looks like he could do a job on the left side of a 4-3-3 forward line or maybe even just as a LCM.

Bendtner - If we could nab him off Arsene I think he'd be worth shelling out for. I'd take a punt at anything upto £7m to be honest. He'd be my preference to Crouch, who will come to either our place or Man City in the close season imo.

Guest Roland

Miralem Sulejmani (Heerenveen), amazing talanted Serbian leftwinger at Heerenveen. Micheal Bradley, dynamic midfielder is want by Everton and Blackburn, also a good player.

Have portsmouth actually bought defoe or is he still on loan?

would definitely like to see him here, should owen depart in the summer

I think it's a permanent signing but was a loan initially to get around the transfer deadline. They needed more time to fill in the full transfer paperwork etc.

iirc.

Stuff it after today

Modric

Bentley

Fabiano

Bruno Alves

Bridge

Modric = exactly the type of player we need.

If we do buy someone of that ilk though we'd have to invest in a strong dm as Butt wouldn't have the assistance he can rely on at the minute (from Barton and/or Geremi).

Someone like Diarra would've been ideal.

Given this thread is about realistic targets, how about these to improve our squad for next season?;-

Steinsson (Bolton) - I've been really impressed with him since he went there. He'll not hang around if they go down surely? Great alernative to Habib.

:clap: :clap: yeah  i think he would fit very well with us very good going forward

Lee Young Pyo from Spurs?

Thirty-one years old, so not a long-term option. I guess as a reliable competitor/backup to Enrique for 1~2 years it might work out, but he's not coming off Spurs' bench just to sit on ours. Last I heard he's going back to PSV in the summer.

Shaem what's been done to him at Spurs, went in as arguably one of the best left-backs in Europe, but Jol decides he needs to do everything humanly possible to keep him out of the squad and starts buying two fullbacks every transfer window.

Then Ramos comes in, and in his first window, he buys three  ??? To add insult to injury, he sticks a midfielder from the reserves in at left back ahead of all of them.

Would've had a much better career if he took the move to AS Roma when he was offered. As it is he wasted his best years with the ungrateful cockney mackems.

Guest sicko2ndbest

YES, I can actually start thinking realistically (ok, i know, some of the names may have other bidders with champ league) about next seasons transfers

IN

Bentley 15mil

Fabiano  12 mil

Bridge  6 mil

Modric  15mil

Bruno Alves  12mil

Daniel Alves 16mil

76mil

OUT

Ameobi 5mil

Duff 2mil (wages will put off potential buyers hence low fee)

Carr -500k (we have to pay 500k to get rid of him) In all seriousness 400k

Emre 4mil (Turkish clubs may pay more)

11.4mil

64.6 mil net spend

I would keep Smith as he seems to be loved around the changing room, and is adaptable should we be short in any area

Given/Harper

Alves Alves Faye Bridge

Bentley Modric Barton Zog

Fabiano Owen

Martins

Viduka

Beye

Geremi

Taylor

Butt

Anyone starting to come round to the idea of Mauro Zarate yet?

Young, dynamic and looked class against man city. More realistic than some of the other names being mentioned- we could do a lot worse. :thup:

Weren't Birmingham told they'd have to pay £20m to get him though?

Yes, but surely no-one will pay that. He's probably worth £10m based on his age, undoubted talent and the position he plays in.

I doubt Birmingham would be prepared to pay even that amount for him (if they stay up) so he'll almost certainly be up for grabs.