Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest teabag

That's a depressing team tbh. Carrick is unrealistic, Viduka is hardly ever fit, Barton is mediocre, and Faye is a squad player. We can't let a couple of good wins paper over the cracks, we still need alot of changes in the summer.

Bollocks, complete over haul has never worked.

In your opinion Barton is mediocre. For me he's in good form and can get better and better with the right coaching.

Do seriously believe we can go out and sign ferdinand and vidic standard for next season? If not that standard what?

I suppose you believe someone like Melberg is better than Faye? Us conceeding goals has been down to the midfield not the personnel in defence.

us conceeding goals is down to our centrebacks being useless

Guest teabag

Providing we stay up would like to see something like this

Given

Beye  Faye Dunne  Enrique

Carrick

SWP              Zoggy

Martins  Viduka  Owen   

i dont rate dunne and i cant see us getting carrick or SWP

Dunne isnt the best but probably the most realistic option

Carrick maybe out of our league at this minute

SWP would be realistic i think

tbh i think id rather have bentley over SWP

Providing we stay up would like to see something like this

Given

Beye  Faye Dunne  Enrique

Carrick

SWP               Zoggy

Martins   Viduka   Owen    

i dont rate dunne and i cant see us getting carrick or SWP

Dunne isnt the best but probably the most realistic option

Carrick maybe out of our league at this minute

SWP would be realistic i think

tbh i think id rather have bentley over SWP

I wouldnt complain over any to be honest

That's a depressing team tbh. Carrick is unrealistic, Viduka is hardly ever fit, Barton is mediocre, and Faye is a squad player. We can't let a couple of good wins paper over the cracks, we still need alot of changes in the summer.

In your opinion Barton is mediocre. For me he's in good form and can get better and better with the right coaching.

Do seriously believe we can go out and sign ferdinand and vidic standard for next season? If not that standard what?

I suppose you believe someone like Melberg is better than Faye? Us conceeding goals has been down to the midfield not the personnel in defence.

Complete overhaul worked for Spurs under Jol, and City under Sven. It only doesn't work if you do it badly.

Barton has had a couple of good games, he still has below par talent for me and is a mere grafter.

I don't think we can go out and sign Vidic and Ferdinand, i just said that Carrick is unrealistic ffs.

And yes Mellberg is better than Faye, he would be a good signing if he wasn't going to Juventus. And i know the midfield is largely to blame for our poor defence, i've said it all season, this is partly why Barton shouldn't be a first teamer. All season he has been losing the ball in the middle of the pitch, been getting caught in possession, and passing to the opposition. Faye is a decent player, but he is clumsy ast times and his positioning isn't great.

Citeh have largley used players they had previous to Sven arriving, even those signings who were playing well have dipped in form massively. I can't remember Spurs having a huge turnover in players, in their first team, alot of midfielders IIRC.

Like i say i think Barton is far more than a grafter but we will have to disagree.

When i said Vidic and Ferdinand i was reffering to the Faye subject and who we could realistically replace him with. Personally i believe he needs a partner alongside who is of a simiar standard but  with a better brain. I don't think Mellberg is any better but has been playing in a far more compact Villa side, Faye would have done the same.

As for Carrick, i agree he is a touch unrealistic but so were Owen, Luque, Duff and Martins until they walked through the door.

Are Bramble and O'Brien better than Faye and Taylor? If you answer yes you want shot. We performed all right with those two here behind a class midfield.

Guest teabag

Are Bramble and O'Brien better than Faye and Taylor? If you answer yes you want shot. We performed all right with those two here behind a class midfield.

who was our class midfield? cant remember us having one of those

Wes Brown although i dont want him will probably lining up in our back four next season

He's one of those i would always worry about because he's an ex manc. I think people have judged him a little harshly this season because he's been playing at right back.

He's the intellegent sort of defender who would complement Faye but he's injury prone and i would like us to look elsewhere.

For a free he would hardly be a shocking signing though.

ok...so our two centre halves were shite when we finished 3rd and our midfield was just alreet?

we must have been lucky as fuck then!

You taking the piss. Speed, Dyer, JJ at the time were getting us in the top four, or is that not good enough for you now?

I believe we played Inter Milan with a back four of;

Griffin   Hughes    Bramble     Bernard

and drew 2-2 in the san siro

Guest teabag

You taking the piss. Speed, Dyer, JJ at the time were getting us in the top four, or is that not good enough for you now?

Griffin  Hughes    Bramble    Bernard

dyer and jenas class? i dont think so

Guest teabag

ok...so our two centre halves were s**** when we finished 3rd and our midfield was just alreet?

we must have been lucky as f*** then!

the standard of the league has improved alot since then tbh

Griffin   Hughes    Bramble     Bernard

have a word man.

jj was great in his first full season, and dyer played his best football of his career under bobby.

our midfield was quality.

if we were shite at th eback and avergae in midfield, how did we do so well? can you answer that for me?

I mean don't get me wrong Speeds over the hill, Dyers a useless injury prone twat and JJ is vastly over rated but back then we were hot as shit.

Remember beating Arsenal 3-1 away or Man Utd 4-3 at home?

What i'd give to have someone of Acunas talent in our midfield this season.

Guest teabag

Griffin  Hughes    Bramble    Bernard

have a word man.

jj was great in his first full season, and dyer played his best football of his career under bobby.

our midfield was quality.

if we were s**** at th eback and avergae in midfield, how did we do so well? can you answer that for me?

yes i can answer that for you. we had amazin forwards in shearer and bellamy and teams like chelsea, liverpool, everton, spurs, portsmouth, villa, blackburn and man city were nowhere near as good as they are now

edit: i forgot to mention back then we had one of the greatest managers of all time bobby robson. not shitty allardyce

Steve Sidwell?

Only if we were to mould him into a DM position. Not good enough on the front foot for me but he has a great engine.

Barton is better. I never thought I'd say that but there you are.

Steve Sidwell?

Only if we were to mould him into a DM position. Not good enough on the front foot for me but he has a great engine.

Barton is better. I never thought I'd say that but there you are.

Barton isn't defensive, he is better though.

Can of worms but.........................

Bellamy would be the sort of signing who would fit in well to the way we are playing at the moment.

*Tin hat firmly in place*