Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Bentley is making noises about playing in europe, and becoming a part of the world cup squad.

I have a feeling he will go to Spurs, and we will end up with Lennon

Wouldn't be that unhappy with that, although I can already hear the criticism of Lennon - "headless chicken, no-end product, new Dyer etc etc" - that will come from some people.

They would have a point

Indeed they would. Another one who thinks he is better than he is.

Still a step up though isn't he? He needs to work on his final ball but he's got massive potential. I'd love it if Zog stayed and we had them two on the wings. If KK chooses to go 442.

Bentley should be bought at all costs imo, He would give our right hand side something extra. If Zoggy goes then we need a top class LW as well.

An Elano type player is another player we are desperate for, someone who can open teams up.

Does anyone think we could get Manuel Fernandes? He's at Everton only on loan from Valencia, and would be an excellent addition.

Aye i reckon he would come depends if Everton want to sign him though

Bentley should be bought at all costs imo, He would give our right hand side something extra. If Zoggy goes then we need a top class LW as well.

An Elano type player is another player we are desperate for, someone who can open teams up.

Elanos been shit recently. Proper rolls royce player.

Depends on how we intend to play.

Bentley is class and would be a great signing but he's a right winger, so wouldn't fit into a 433 system.

Shaun Wright Phillips would be more likely and a cracking addition.

Bentley is class and would be a great signing but he's a right winger, so wouldn't fit into a 433 system.

I think SWP is very realistic given his relationship with Keegan.

Does anyone think we could get Manuel Fernandes? He's at Everton only on loan from Valencia, and would be an excellent addition.

Didn't Valencia spend something like £12m on him? Maybe a bit too expensive for someone like him I think, but then again I haven't seen him on that many occasions.

I think SWP is very realistic given his relationship with Keegan.

and the fact he's a bit part player at Chelsea.

Think it would do him the world of good to play for us.

Didn't Valencia spend something like £12m on him? Maybe a bit too expensive for someone like him I think, but then again I haven't seen him on that many occasions.

Aye but they cant be overly impressed if they have sent him out on loan.

I honestly don't know how good he is but would suggest we could get him for 6-7m.

Aye but they cant be overly impressed if they have sent him out on loan.

I honestly don't know how good he is but would suggest we could get him for 6-7m.

Wiki says Valencia bought him for £17m (!!!) so I don't think there's any chance of him signing for us for a reasonable fee. I wonder whether there's a permanent option in the loan deal with Everton and how much the agreed fee is.

They did pay quite a bit for him, £17m I think! Thats what stopped him joining Portsmouth when he was on loan there, he had some clause in his contract that meant Pompey had to pay £12m if he played a certain amount of games. But he was out of favour at Valencia, Koemen didn't fancy him and let him out on loan. I don't think he would cost anywhere near as much because Valencia are heavily in debt. Although the fact Koemen probably won't be sticking around might change everything. A player i would love to see us sign. Could certainly be the creative playmaking type that we need.

No clear out needed.

Harper

Beye         Faye         Ben Haim       Enrique

Carrick

Kranjcar                 Barton

Martins          Viduka              Owen

Ben Haim 7m

Carrick 14m

Kranjcar 8m

Krancjar wouldn't work there imo, he's slow as fuck. Got a nice touch, decent pass and vision etc. but not suited to that position at all. I'd be tempted to have a look at Appiah for that position, not seen him play for about a year now mind.

Krancjar wouldn't work there imo, he's slow as fuck. Got a nice touch, decent pass and vision etc. but not suited to that position at all. I'd be tempted to have a look at Appiah for that position, not seen him play for about a year now mind.

IMO 3 in midfield works like this;

DM- Someone who sweeps us the play, wins possesion and provides for others to attack i.e Carrick, Makelele, Hargreaves

CM- Box to Box player someone with energy and drive who commits to both attack and defence i.e Essien or Barton in our case

AM- Someone whos main priority is the assist the attacking players, for me Kranjcar (sp) would be ideal, as you say great passer and great vision, pace not vital.

Hahnemann no chance, IMO he's worse than both Given and Harper (although Shay is in bad form). He's a decent stopper but nothing like the level we need.

Also, if Reading stay up I imagine he'll finish his career there.

One area we don't need to worry about is goalkeeping, Harper and Given are perfectly capable premiership keepers, add to that the potential of Krul, Forster and Soderberg. Surely there are more pressing concerns than the GK spot ?

That's a depressing team tbh. Carrick is unrealistic, Viduka is hardly ever fit, Barton is mediocre, and Faye is a squad player. We can't let a couple of good wins paper over the cracks, we still need alot of changes in the summer.

That's a depressing team tbh. Carrick is unrealistic, Viduka is hardly ever fit, Barton is mediocre, and Faye is a squad player. We can't let a couple of good wins paper over the cracks, we still need alot of changes in the summer.

Bollocks, complete over haul has never worked.

In your opinion Barton is mediocre. For me he's in good form and can get better and better with the right coaching.

Do seriously believe we can go out and sign ferdinand and vidic standard for next season? If not that standard what?

I suppose you believe someone like Melberg is better than Faye? Us conceeding goals has been down to the midfield not the personnel in defence.

SWP seems like just the sort of signing KK would make, ticks all the right boxes. In the same way I feared Smith would end up here when he bcame available, I just have a feeling SWP will come here although I'd be a lot happier about it. He'd be perfect in the role Owen is playing at the moment.

if Faye is a squad player, the rest are championship players.. or wait..

Providing we stay up would like to see something like this

Given

Beye  Faye Dunne  Enrique

Carrick

SWP              Zoggy

Martins  Viduka  Owen   

Given

Carrick

SWP               Zoggy

Martins   Viduka   Owen    

Not to different to the side i suggested, i recommendated Dunne in another thread.

Mind you i don't think SWP and Zoggy would have enough bite, plenty of pace mind.

Guest teabag

Given

Carrick

SWP              Zoggy

Martins  Viduka  Owen   

i dont rate dunne and i cant see us getting carrick or SWP

Bollocks, complete over haul has never worked.

In your opinion Barton is mediocre. For me he's in good form and can get better and better with the right coaching.

Do seriously believe we can go out and sign ferdinand and vidic standard for next season? If not that standard what?

I suppose you believe someone like Melberg is better than Faye? Us conceeding goals has been down to the midfield not the personnel in defence.

Complete overhaul worked for Spurs under Jol, and City under Sven. It only doesn't work if you do it badly.

Barton has had a couple of good games, he still has below par talent for me and is a mere grafter.

I don't think we can go out and sign Vidic and Ferdinand, i just said that Carrick is unrealistic ffs.

And yes Mellberg is better than Faye, he would be a good signing if he wasn't going to Juventus. And i know the midfield is largely to blame for our poor defence, i've said it all season, this is partly why Barton shouldn't be a first teamer. All season he has been losing the ball in the middle of the pitch, been getting caught in possession, and passing to the opposition. Faye is a decent player, but he is clumsy ast times and his positioning isn't great.

Given

Carrick

SWP               Zoggy

Martins   Viduka   Owen    

i dont rate dunne and i cant see us getting carrick or SWP

Dunne isnt the best but probably the most realistic option

Carrick maybe out of our league at this minute

SWP would be realistic i think