Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

It's getting hard not to get sucked in by the reports. Firstly, there are three or four sites reporting the same thing and in at least one of them there is a named club source.

Now I know f*** all about the accuracy of Croatian papers but i'm reliably informed they're not much cop. I just hope there really is something in this. It would be a huge statement of intent.

One of the ones reporting it is supposed to be reliable

the others not

If we are in from him we need to get him before the Euro's

unless he wants to come to us for a couple of years as a stepping stone to a bigger club

Erm... we are the big club! :rolleyes:

It's getting hard not to get sucked in by the reports. Firstly, there are three or four sites reporting the same thing and in at least one of them there is a named club source.

Now I know fuck all about the accuracy of Croatian papers but i'm reliably informed they're not much cop. I just hope there really is something in this. It would be a huge statement of intent.

It's exactly what Keegan is all about. He won't ever be content to stand in the shadows, he would love it to beat the big boy's for his first major signing since coming back. Love it!

unless he wants to come to us for a couple of years as a stepping stone to a bigger club

I'd say without a doubt that is what he's be thinking if he did join us.

still wouldnt complain could help us go to the next level

Defo. Would be a brilliant signing.

Now I know f*** all about the accuracy of Croatian papers but i'm reliably informed they're not much cop. I just hope there really is something in this. It would be a huge statement of intent.

the others not

Fair enough.

I'd imagine it would be surprising to see three of the less than reliable rags over here carry the same story if there wasn't something in it.

Guest mrainey

the others not

Trust me mate, not one of these is close to reliable. The only thing that separates them is the limit to which they stretch their imagination when writing these kind of reports. Those that are more reliable only tend to bring the same report but with slightly less Martians and Indians involved. I hope that made some sense.

the others not

Trust me mate, not one of these is close to reliable. The only thing that separates them is the limit to which they stretch their imagination when writing these kind of reports. Those that are more reliable only tend to bring the same report but with slightly less Martians and Indians involved. I hope that made some sense.

Martians and Indians?  :dontknow:

the others not

Martins and........

Guest mrainey

Yea I figured it would sound stupid ;D

Anyway, I'd be really thrilled if this transfer was to go through, but I'll put it on hold till I see some official words

coming out of Zdravko Mamic, Dinamo's big boss.

the others not

Martins and........

We've had a few cowboys in our time.

I thinks that's the plan, to sell him before the EURO. Price can't be much bigger than what's being speculated atm.

Wouldnt it be in the clubs best interest to sell him after the EUROs so that more clubs get to see him in action and get into a bidding war? I cant see the sense in wanting to sell one of the best youngsters around before a major tournament.

Guest float one in

That'd be ok in my opinion, cos we are going to be storming up the league next year and once he's experienced the Kevolution he'll be sucked in and won't want to leave! We might even be in the Champs League by then!

I thinks that's the plan, to sell him before the EURO. Price can't be much bigger than what's being speculated atm.

Wouldnt it be in the clubs best interest to sell him after the EUROs so that more clubs get to see him in action and get into a bidding war? I cant see the sense in wanting to sell one of the best youngsters around before a major tournament.

They won't get much more than what we're offering before or after the tournament tbh.

They won't get much more than what we're offering before or after the tournament tbh.

So wheres the sense in not giving him that oppurtunity to raise his value in a major tournament if the chances they wouldnt lose either way a la Royston Drenthe.

So wheres the sense in not giving him that oppurtunity to raise his value in a major tournament if the chances they wouldnt lose either way a la Royston Drenthe.

Could get injured and wont be able to move until the next window.

Guest mrainey

I've mentioned it earlier, says what everyone's been reporting: Modric's agents were in Newcastle yesterday and talks were held.

Nothing official was confirmed regarding the transfer, but the negotiations were confirmed. It mentions a Modric review by Italian portal Tuttomercato and

then goes on about how Modric is one of the hottest properties in Europe at the moment etc.

Report ends with the "celebrating party" thing i mentioned in post earlier.

Officially dealing with them can easily result in other parties entering negotiations as well as happened in other cases before (most famously when we forced ManU to go in for Rooney). So I rather like it when things are done quietly and wrapped up soon.

Guest mrainey

The thing is, the price is at its peak, and Mamic brothers (agents) are actually counting on clubs to speed up the negotiations because they (clubs) are expected to fear Modric's appearance on EURO might further increase his price. But his price is already sky high, and Mamic brothers will use this "before the storm" effect to squeeze out a few extra bucks on which is already an acceptable price. They are just taunting, and I'm sure some will take the bait. I hope KK does.