Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Diane is not even a box to box midfielder! He's a forward but sometimes plays in an attacking midfield role.  I think he's a good player but his finishing can be a bit inconsistent.

who wrote the article, btw?

I'd try and get a swap deal going with Villa for Barry: - Milner plus cash, especially if were staying 433, everyone is a winner.

Swap deals often talked about by fans but very rarely used by clubs.

Swap deal being talked about between Liverpool and Villa, not just the fans.

Lets see if the deal does involve players if/when it happens, as I said it very rare when deals happen that involve clubs trading players as part of the deal.

I'd try and get a swap deal going with Villa for Barry: - Milner plus cash, especially if were staying 433, everyone is a winner.

Swap deals often talked about by fans but very rarely used by clubs.

Swap deal being talked about between Liverpool and Villa, not just the fans.

Lets see if the deal does involve players if/when it happens, as I said it very rare when deals happen that involve clubs trading players as part of the deal.

MON said Liverpool faxed an offer of "a mish mash of players and some money" and has said several times there's nothing happening, so no real talk of a swap deal going on (see MON's strop fest at press conference yesterday)

Also, be serious,TT,  Barry's not going to leave for Newcastle. He wants CL football. Also, much as we like Milner, we don't like him that much.

FWIW I think he'll go to the RedScouse. I'll be disappointed (I'd prefer him to stay), but so long as the money is OK, not heartbroken.

The disappointment stems from the fact that although he's not the quality of player to get Liverpool from 4th to 1st, he is the quality of player to get Villa from 6th or so to pushing for 4th (in as  much as one can realistically push for 4th), so he'll be hard to replace

I would like if Keegan had a look at some of the Wigan players like Valencia,Palacios,Scharner,Koumas.They are all better than what we have got in there positons

Palacios and Valencia would be good additions

Koumas and Scharner aren't good enough though.

I would like if Keegan had a look at some of the Wigan players like Valencia,Palacios,Scharner,Koumas.They are all better than what we have got in there positons

I think Scharner is very underated,can play midfield and defence.Has played in defence of late and played there very well so therefore an improvement on any of our defenders!

Koumas is more of a creative midfielder than any of our midfielders besides maybe Zog who is prob leaving anyways,would be a good squad member and would get him prob cheap enough.

That Palacios is a beast but I think Utd after both him and Valencia so no chance  of getting them if true!

I think Scharner is very underated,can play midfield and defence.Has played in defence of late and played there very well so therefore an improvement on any of our defenders!

Koumas is more of a creative midfielder than any of our midfielders besides maybe Zog who is prob leaving anyways,would be a good squad member and would get him prob cheap enough.

That Palacios is a beast but I think Utd after both him and Valencia so no chance  of getting them if true!

Scharner is pretty good. Wouldn't mind him either.

Of the 3 relegated sides I'd take a punt on Barnes but that's about it, I don't think any of the other players could expect to be squad players if we are to take the club forward. You rarely get players to improve your team from relegated sides.

If Owen stays I'd like to see Crouch or even Heskey - who would make a trio of Owen, Heskey & Martins interesting & potentially a handful.

Guest Heneage

In all honesty I think we'll get sweet F A that we want, this club is painfully slow in signing players, and the Modric debacle is a prime example. And on top of that most of the names i've read fill me with fear.

In all honesty I think we'll get sweet F A that we want, this club is painfully slow in signing players, and the Modric debacle is a prime example. And on top of that most of the names i've read fill me with fear.

You're right, we might as well pack in now.

I thought we got in there pretty quick for Modric tbh.

Guest Heneage

Well mate let's be blunt. Panic buys like Luque who wanted 35k but Freddy offered him 75k.

We always seem to overlook the glaringly obvious buys and get totally random ones. Players like Duff Carr and baba stay on for longer than they should too. We need a n overhaul.

Well mate let's be blunt. Panic buys like Luque who wanted 35k but Freddy offered him 75k.

We always seem to overlook the glaringly obvious buys and get totally random ones. Players like Duff Carr and baba stay on for longer than they should too. We need a n overhaul.

And NONE of the staff/club officials involved in any of those deals are at the club now. And all, bar Duff, have actually left the club.

Sound argument like.

And NONE of the staff/club officials involved in any of those deals are at the club now. And all, bar Duff, have actually left the club.

Sound argument like.

this is one of the big reasons I'm hopeful of a bright future, yes we'll make the odd mistake but the ambition is there, Mike just has to match it with his wallet....

Also, if we're going to persist with the 4-3-3 anyone else think Mohammed Zidan would be worth a look?

considering that he's been doing the business in the German leagues for a few years already now, you'd think he'd have moved already if he was big league material.

Guest The Libertine

dont know if he's been mentioned, but Nobby's contract is apparently up now and he's free to move. he's done quite well down there from what ive seen so a 1 year contract wouldnt be that much of a risk (imo, of course)

Why exactly would Nobby suddenly come back here again after only leaving us in the first place for family-based circumstances that still exist?

I want Bentley and Bullard for starters me like.

Both easily attainable targets who would improve us no end immediately and have us surging up the league.

Eh?

How exactly is Bentley easy attainable?