Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Sounds like Modric all over again

But even less believable.

As long as we don't alert Spurs to their availability by starting a new thread we're not tempting fate.

Guest Knightrider

Moutinho is a player I've liked since I first saw him play, against us coincidently. He's similar to Fabregas, although not as creative but perhaps better defensively, he's a smashing little player and would hold his own in this league in time. Veloso of what little I've seen of him, hasn't impressed me to be honest. Moutinho however would be a fantastic signing and for me, would put the whole Modric thing to bed as I've actually seen this kid play and play well not only for Sporting in the Champions League but for Portugal too in internationals and he is without doubt one of the best young players in Europe.

Based on what i've seen when in Portugal (when i've actually watched Sporting) i've thought Moutinho looked a bit too lightweight for the prem and not good enough with the ball to make for it either. Veloso on the other hand always seemed to have time on the ball and spread it around very nicely. More of a Carrick type DM than Makeke if you know what i mean. However i could have caught Moutinho on an occasional bad day and Veloso on a good one, you never know.

I've just always liked the look of Moutinho, wouldn't say that every time I've seen him he's been mega impressive, but he's been someone who I've looked at  and liked enough of what I've seen, always looking to play the ball forward and join in higher up the pitch, has a good tempo to his game and seems quite sparky and a tough little competitor. I've been bemonaing our lack fo tempo in midfield, well this player I believe would be just the answer. Whether he could adjust to the physical side and overall pace of our game is open to debate, he has the stamina for sure and he seems a sparky character as I said, so I think he would. He's not your typical playmaker, ala in the shape of Modric or players like that, he's more of a central Joe Cole type or a more attack minded version of Alonso. I'm loathe to compare him to Fabregas as he's a brilliant player in my opinion, very special indeed, and his game is different, but on the ball certainly, he plays that type of link up role he does for Arsenal. I'd be over the moon if we signed Moutinho. Can't see it though.

Guest Heneage

So is this legit then? Have we got anyone who's portugese who knows more?

I'm currently doing the rounds and asking people who will be able to confirm if anythings popped up in Portugal about any interest.

So is this legit then? Have we got anyone who's portugese who knows more?

I'm currently doing the rounds and asking people who will be able to confirm if anythings popped up in Portugal about any interest.

:thup:

Veloso and Moutinho. Right on. :lol:

Live the dream, Jonny.

I've learned with this club not to get your hopes up as they'll only break you time and time again.

I guess you can compare a Newcastle fan with a physically abused wife. She wants to believe his husband when he says that he will never hit her again, and somehow she probably knows that he will do it, but she still chooses to believe in him because she wants to believe in it. And over and over again she gets disappointed when it doesn't work.

Thats like us dreaming about some of the players mentioned around in this forum.

Haha FFS i seriously need some sleep!!!!

Fabio Rochemback is available on a free.

s***.

Better than half of what we've got. Can play a few different positions. Can take freekicks. Premiership and European experience. 26 years old. For free I'd take him even as  a gamble.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

The guy looks like he is heavily pregnant for goodness sake.

I guess you can compare a Newcastle fan with a physically abused wife. She wants to believe his husband when he says that he will never hit her again, and somehow she probably knows that he will do it, but she still chooses to believe in him because she wants to believe in it. And over and over again she gets disappointed when it doesn't work.

Thats like us dreaming about some of the players mentioned around in this forum.

How long did it take you to come up with that comparison?

Guest LucaAltieri

s***.

Better than half of what we've got. Can play a few different positions. Can take freekicks. Premiership and European experience. 26 years old. For free I'd take him even as  a gamble.

Aye, and Michael Owen is past it.

How long did it take you to come up with that comparison?

Dont poke fun man, he's obviously in an abusive relationship.

s***.

As a striker to get in behind the defence yes.

Guest LucaAltieri

s***.

Tactical retreat. I like it.

s***.

Tactical retreat. I like it.

O0

Guest Heneage

I'm quoting a lad based in Portugal, who says no reports, he says its highly unlikeyl Veloso would join us, but Moutinho would but he considers him to be gash.

I'm quoting a lad based in Portugal, who says no reports, he says its highly unlikeyl Veloso would join us, but Moutinho would but he considers him to be gash.

Look my friend if you've got nothing good to say then shut it  :razz:

Did a quick scan around google and found a few stories from the last 7 days with a few lines about us looking at/enquiring about Veloso and/or Moutinho..

Could be a grain of truth in it, could be a non-story.

+25 pages within the next 12 hours :D

And there goes the credibility of your source  :smug: