Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Ajax payed about £5 million for Zlatan when he played for Malmö and that was a massive amount of money for MFF. I doubt Per Ciljan Skjelbred cannot be really compared to Zlatan and any team who pays more than £2-3 million for a Scandinavian based player must be crazy! I'm not saying that we have no good players but the general market value is just so poor...(especially in Finland but we've got no decent players in the first place).

Ajax payed about £5 million for Zlatan when he played for Malmö and that was a massive amount of money for MFF. I doubt Per Ciljan Skjelbred cannot be really compared to Zlatan and any team who pays more than £2-3 million for a Scandinavian based player must be crazy! I'm not saying that we have no good players but the general market value is just so poor...(especially in Finland but we've got no decent players in the first place).

That doesn't really apply for Rosenborg though, after so many consecutive years playing in the Champions League as they have, they have enough money in the club for them not "having" to sell to the first bidder. Though I don't think anything more than £2-4m would be necessary to buy him. And in my opinion I think he'd do very well in the Premier League, one of the more great young players in Northern Europe at the moment.

Guest Toon Saint

Georgi Terziev from Naftex (Burgas, Bulgaria) will join on trial with Newcastle.

He is defender, 16 years old.

Let's see if this info ends up on nufc.com like my last tip-off. O0

Have we got a Bulgarian scout like? We got two 15 year olds from Sofia in earlier this week aswell. Good to hear. :thup:

"The trip is organized with the recommendation and assistance of the Newcastle scouting coach Vic Halom who has lived in Bulgaria in the last few years."

Vic Halom won a FA Cup winner's medal for an unnamed side in 1973 but has recently been scouting for us in Eastern Europe.

He'd be cheap, when one of the leagues best midfielders (Annan) is quoted at 500-800k.

He does not play for Rosenborg. Rosenborg have big money (By Norwegian standards), the rest of the Norwegian Tippeliga outfits doesn't. (Though Brann, or Stabæk as Annan plays for, have started getting a healthy financial state as well.) And such they can turn down offers for their players unless they feel the price is right, they're not "forced" to sell their best players to get money into their club.

Guest Heneage

ahh Kaizrero I know, I watch some of the league asi m Danish myself so like to see Scandinavian football. All I'm saying is compared to other midfielders who are highly regarded he'll be a lot cheaper option.

Guest Heneage

Georgi Terziev from Naftex (Burgas, Bulgaria) will join on trial with Newcastle.

Apologies for double post. Who was your last tip off

ahh Kaizrero I know, I watch some of the league asi m Danish myself so like to see Scandinavian football. All I'm saying is compared to other midfielders who are highly regarded he'll be a lot cheaper option.

Annan is a good player, and would be a cheaper option. Though I disagree on him being a better option than Skjelbred at the current time. Simply because Skjelbred has more experience in matters such as European football and International football, and that in my opinion is worth the 1 or 2 million more we'd have to pay. I mean, I think (with what we have now) Skjelbred would go straight into the starting eleven. Annan probably wouldn't, not because he isn't good, but because he doesn't really have the experience for the Premier League, yet.

Don't really believe the Skjelbred story is more than pure speculation though, but would be positively surprised to be wrong about it. Contract talks with Rosenborg have apparently been put on hold though, if that could mean anything.

Guest Toon Saint

Here is the english version. of the story. :thup:

http://google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsport.burgas24.bg%2F&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=bg&tl=en

A little bit down the page, date 03/07 (obviously 2008) :coolsmiley:

Guest Toon Saint

Apologies for double post. Who was your last tip off

A couple of youngsters coming in on a months trial from Levski Sofia.

http://pfclevski.eu/main.php?page=news&id=1409

:coolsmiley:

Annan is a good player, and would be a cheaper option. Though I disagree on him being a better option than Skjelbred at the current time. Simply because Skjelbred has more experience in matters such as European football and International football, and that in my opinion is worth the 1 or 2 million more we'd have to pay. I mean, I think (with what we have now) Skjelbred would go straight into the starting eleven. Annan probably wouldn't, not because he isn't good, but because he doesn't really have the experience for the Premier League, yet.

Don't really believe the Skjelbred story is more than pure speculation though, but would be positively surprised to be wrong about it. Contract talks with Rosenborg have apparently been put on hold though, if that could mean anything.

agreed... skjelbreid is also a newcastle fan from birth.. wich helps!!! (probably also a reason for the links)

however if we sign him, and he doesnt cut it in the prem, we would get the money back easly

Bombadil over on TT said he's already turned us down.

How credible is he?

Said it was in the Swiss news, as I believe that's where he's from. And he ain't the type to lie.