Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

From the Benfield/NUFC Reserves game which everyone seemed to miss:

who was the young kid who was introduced to vetere half way through the first. Looked like he was with an agent or something. dark lad with dread locks.

And still no one listened. :(

Everton are among the clubs to have expressed an interest in Michael Johnson after the Manchester City midfield player turned down City's offer of a five-year contract. The England under-21 player has also been closely followed by Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Arsenal and Liverpool, who bid £4 million for him last summer.

Hope so. 

Guest Anders Rye

Is Johnson a defensive midfielder or an attacking, could it be a midfield of Guthrie as defensive and Johnson as the attacking midfielder?

Is Johnson a defensive midfielder or an attacking, could it be a midfield of Guthrie as defensive and Johnson as the attacking midfielder?

Seems a bit box-to-box leaning towards attacking. The new Frank Lampard... hope we get him but IMO it would be a mistake for him personally to move on so soon after only one good season at City.

Guest Anders Rye

Cheers Ian, would people be happy with this summer if we get Johnson, Derdiyok and Colo? I would indeed.

Wasn't he a main-stay in the City team last season? Supposed to be quite good isn't he?

When he was available he was more or less always in the first team iirc. He's a good player with bags of potential but if he did come I think our midfield would still lack the invention and creativity it needs at the moment. Plus I doubt he'd come cheap and leave without seeing what Hughes can do with City ala Dunne.

Guest taps01

Cheers Ian, would people be happy with this summer if we get Johnson, Derdiyok and Colo? I would indeed.

nah we will all find something to moan about.

Wasn't he a main-stay in the City team last season? Supposed to be quite good isn't he?

When he was available he was more or less always in the first team iirc. He's a good player with bags of potential but if he did come I think our midfield would still lack the invention and creativity it needs at the moment. Plus I doubt he'd come cheap and leave without seeing what Hughes can do with City ala Dunne.

I don't know about that, he's not the best at running with the ball but seems to have excellent vision and distribution skills from what I've seen of him.

We must have scouts on the go on the south coast then, given Spear from Plymouth and Ranger from Southampton. I know it's been on the go for a while now but it's still refreshing - these players don't just pop up from anywhere by chance. We've clearly got scouts everywhere. :thup: