Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

........................Given

Beye...Coloccini...Coullar...Taiwo.

.....................Larsson..................

.....Jonas.......................Barton....

.....................Owen.....................

.......Derdiyok..........Martins.........

FTW!

Have you seen this Coullar lad play?

Yes, in the Uefa cup final.

NOTW:

Midfield ace Nenad Kovacevic wants Prem switch

09/08/2008

SERB midfield star Nenad Kovacevic is being watched by a posse of British clubs.

Newcastle and Celtic are pressing Everton boss David Moyes and Middlesbrough in the race for the £5million-rated international.

Kovacevic, 27, is under contract to Lens until 2010 but is not interested in spending a season in the French Second Division.

Instead, the former Red Star Belgrade ace would prefer the Premier League.

Kovacevic has made 76 appearances for Lens since signing from Red Star in 2006 and has won 25 caps.

........................Given

Beye...Coloccini...Coullar...Taiwo.

.....................Larsson..................

.....Jonas.......................Barton....

.....................Owen.....................

.......Derdiyok..........Martins.........

FTW!

Have you seen this Coullar lad play?

Yes, in the Uefa cup final.

Can't remember seeing him like :)

Is Derdiyok really all he's cracked up to be? I honestly can't even recall watching the Swiss, they were that unmemorable - aside from that raid-sodden pitch they played on against Turkey.

Derdiyok is class.  He is young, great scoring record, lots of potential, and said he wanted to play alongside Owen after he scored against England at Wembley. 

Is Derdiyok really all he's cracked up to be? I honestly can't even recall watching the Swiss, they were that unmemorable - aside from that raid-sodden pitch they played on against Turkey.

I thought Derdiyok looked very promising from what I saw of him, potentially very good.

Guest MrSundlofer

I thought Derdiyok looked very promising from what I saw of him, potentially very good.

He played for Basel vs IFK Göteborg in the Champions League qualifications and was nothing special. Just having a bad day I suppose.

The start of Sunday's guff:

HOTLINE - TOON ON XAVI RADAR

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Barcelona star Xavi could be on his way to Newcastle. Agents acting on the player's behalf are trying to get him to the Premier League and the Magpies are on his hit-list.

People Sport understands the Euro 2008-winning Spanish midfielder is unhappy at Barcelona and doesn't always see eye to eye with new boss Josep Guardiola. And the 28-year-old has instructed his representatives to seek out a lucrative move to England.

Arsenal would seem a more suitable destination, with Arsene Wenger needing to bring in another midfielder, but Newcastle can blow the Gunners out of the water when it comes to hard cash.

The start of Sunday's guff:

HOTLINE - TOON ON XAVI RADAR

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE

Barcelona star Xavi could be on his way to Newcastle. Agents acting on the player's behalf are trying to get him to the Premier League and the Magpies are on his hit-list.

People Sport understands the Euro 2008-winning Spanish midfielder is unhappy at Barcelona and doesn't always see eye to eye with new boss Josep Guardiola. And the 28-year-old has instructed his representatives to seek out a lucrative move to England.

Arsenal would seem a more suitable destination, with Arsene Wenger needing to bring in another midfielder, but Newcastle can blow the Gunners out of the water when it comes to hard cash.

What a difference a few days make, eh.. thought Keegan had no cash and Ashley was selling up etc. etc.

Xavi.. Jesus chris  :laugh:

So three players to come very soon, one being Coloccini.  So looking forward to finding out who the others are!

If the link for Ivica Olić is true than I hope we do get him.  His goal scoring record is good and he would be a great replacement for Smith if we can still flog him to Everton.

Wasn't the link to Olic saying we weren't interested?

yeah, apparently cause we think he is too old! at 28 I think it would have been a safe deal, especially if we moved Smith on, who is 27.