Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Tremendous, i'm a big fan of Sidwell.

Imagine if he joined Villa, O'Neill would undoubtebly turn him into one of the countries top midfielders. He worked wonders with Reo-Coker, the same would happen again.

Very impressed with O'Neills ability to spot a good player and raise his game. 

Guest teepee

i would like us to get sidwell in - as for the rat, then i'd rather we try to get in a backup player for the full back positions

Guest Guinness

Not sure how I'd feel about Sidwell. A bit 'meh' I think.

Exactly my thoughts, I'm not his biggest fan and I don't really see him as much of an improvement on anything we've currently got at the club.

I've never, ever seen the fuss about Sidwell. Deeply average player.

Agree with that. He'd be a good squad player but only if it's a small fee and modest wages.

Spending about £2m replacing Emre with Sidwell wouldn't be wise imo.

Agree with that. He'd be a good squad player but only if it's a small fee and modest wages.

Aye and he's probably on mega bucks at Chelsea and won't want to take a paycut.

Fully agree, neither good enough defensively nor offensively to be classed as a good midfielder IMO. If we spent more than £3m on him I'd be disappointed and he appears to be too money motivated in my eyes.

£45k a week apparently.

Not worth that, nor he is close to being worth a £5m pricetag.

£45k a week apparently.

At today's going rate, anyone who's English and even remotely playable in the Premiership is worth 5m.

£45k a week apparently.

At today's going rate, anyone who's English and even remotely playable in the Premiership is worth priced at 5m.

FYP

Sidwell went to Chelsea for the money. He can't possibly have thought he was going to displace any of their superstars and force his way into the regular first 11. In fact, wasn't it said by Mourinho when he joined that he would mostly play cup games? He was a free transfer too so Chelsea can go spin for that £5 million.

Like Scott Parker and Shaun Wright-Phillips before him he has damaged his career by going to Chelsea. Maybe Sidwell won't turn out to be a one season wonder but I'd rather risk the money and wages on someone who played last season.

Exactly my thoughts, I'm not his biggest fan and I don't really see him as much of an improvement on anything we've currently got at the club.

Not only do we not have Premiership quality in his position, we hardly even have players at all.  Maybe we should be aiming higher, but Sidwell would walk into our team (which says more about our squad than his ability).  Butt & Geremi for another Premiership season?  Fucking hell.

I see it was translated literally "Students" :lol:

Id love this considering SPurs spent 10m on a dodgy keeper.

Gomes? Dodgy keeper? I'd say Gomes is definetly not a dodgy keeper. Certainly a VAST improvement over Robinson.

Good shot stopper but flaps more than an eplileptic Duck.

Absolute nonsense. I´ve seen him for years in Holland now, playing for a rival team no less, and he is curently one of the best goalkeepers in Europe beyond a doubt. He won titles for PSV almost singlehandedly. I would say replacing Robinson with Gomes with all other things being equal would mean about 10 points more in the Premiership for them..

Oh come on, he showed glimpses against Tottenham of how dodgy he can be when he almost killed Salcido taking a routine catch.

One or two matches against Tottenham. Is that what you´ve seen of him and are basing your opinion of dodgy keeper on? You´re in for a shock..

I see it was translated literally "Students" :lol:

Id love this considering SPurs spent 10m on a dodgy keeper.

Gomes? Dodgy keeper? I'd say Gomes is definetly not a dodgy keeper. Certainly a VAST improvement over Robinson.

Good shot stopper but flaps more than an eplileptic Duck.

Absolute nonsense. I´ve seen him for years in Holland now, playing for a rival team no less, and he is curently one of the best goalkeepers in Europe beyond a doubt. He won titles for PSV almost singlehandedly. I would say replacing Robinson with Gomes with all other things being equal would mean about 10 points more in the Premiership for them..

Oh come on, he showed glimpses against Tottenham of how dodgy he can be when he almost killed Salcido taking a routine catch.

One or two matches against Tottenham. Is that what you´ve seen of him and are basing your opinion of dodgy keeper on? You´re in for a shock..

So is he when gets to play behind Michael Dawson..........

Guest Heneage

Did nowt at Reading to make me think we should have matched Chelseas wage offer.