Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Heneage

Thank God Goal is to Rumours as Guivarch was to striking.

Totally ignores the plan suggested.

Not sure how I'd feel about Sidwell. A bit 'meh' I think.

Exactly my thoughts, I'm not his biggest fan and I don't really see him as much of an improvement on anything we've currently got at the club.

Did nowt at Reading to make me think we should have matched Chelseas wage offer.

Darren Fletcher's being linked with Everton for slightly less than the Sidwell fee being bandied about. Not great, but still a good player imo.

Auxerre defender Gabriel Tamas is keen on a £3.5m switch to Celtic after being transfer-listed by his French side. (Daily Record)  - could be worth a punt, he look good during the Euro's although Auxerre weren't too good last season IIRC.

Guest Brewcastle

From The Guardian:

"Newcastle United have been watching the promising Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred, but have not made a bid for the 21-year-old, according to the Norwegian club. Skjelbred, who turned down a contract offer from Liverpool as a teenager  :clap:, is in favour of a move to St James' Park as long as the clubs can agree a fee."

Come on then!

From The Guardian:

"Newcastle United have been watching the promising Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred, but have not made a bid for the 21-year-old, according to the Norwegian club. Skjelbred, who turned down a contract offer from Liverpool as a teenager  :clap:, is in favour of a move to St James' Park as long as the clubs can agree a fee."

Come on then!

newcastle fan apparently

From The Guardian:

Come on then!

newcastle fan apparently

yep! GET IN!!

Nice article on club site by Sir Les. Be interesting to know how much KK has to do with potential signings

KK Factor Will Be Key - Sir Les

By Craig Hope

MAGPIE favourite Les Ferdinand believes that any potential transfer target sitting down for talks with Toon boss Kevin Keegan this summer will immediately be sold on a move to Newcastle United.

Article continues>>

The lightening-quick striker, christened "Sir Les" during his time at St.James' Park, admits that it took just two minutes for Special K to convince him to swap the home comforts of London in favour of a new life among the football-mad Geordie nation.

Ferdinand was just one of a host of top names attracted to the North East by Keegan, others such as Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley and David Ginola all citing the enthusiasm of the former England skipper as instrumental in their decision to join the Geordies.

And, with KK gearing-up for another summer of wheeling and dealing on the transfer front, Sir Les is confident that any player coming face-to-face with his former gaffer will no doubt end up in the club's famous black and white colours.

"If any player meets with Kevin then I'm sure there will only be one club they'll sign for," he said.

"I remember when I signed in 1995, he just had a passion for Newcastle and all the players who came here knew how great this place was after meeting Kevin.

"I was lucky because even before I signed I'd played there for QPR and thought at the time that it would be amazing to play in front of those fans week-in-week-out.

"But Kevin was a special guy and he had a way of lifting you and making you feel special about yourself."

Ferdinand netted 50 goals in 81 starts for United and says that, as a forward, Keegan was the ideal manager to play for.

"I thought, as a striker, if there is anyone I can learn from then it's Kevin Keegan and he sold the club to me within two or three minutes," he added.

"He was very honest. He said to me that he knew I liked it in London because I could go out and lose myself.

"But he said that in Newcastle I wouldn't be able to do that because I would be a success straight away and the people up there worship their heroes."

Keegan certainly wasn't wrong and the former QPR man went on to become a terrace favourite among the Toon Army with United recording successive second-placed finishes in the Premier League during his two-year stay at Gallowgate.

Ferdinand returned to London in 1997 to join Spurs but remains as popular as ever on Tyneside and, as Keegan predicted, is still "worshipped" by the black and white faithful.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=766361

Cheap at 5m euros, especially if Oba leaves to Arsenal.

Arsenal don't want Oba, Saviola would come here for the money.

I think those days are gone

I didn't mean that he would come here, I meant that if he ever were to it would be only for the money.

Nah. We have da best fans inda world n stuff...

From The Guardian:

Come on then!

still being linked in some quarters. they play tonight, wonder if we'll have someone there. hope he has a stormer (laid the oppo and backed elfsborg in a double)

Guest teepee

scolari getting rid of 7-8ish first teamers in order to give youth a chance as well.

that probably leaves players like:

sidwell, ben haim, pizarro, shevchenko as certain casualties

but also possibly players like:

swp, joe cole, kalou, makelele, anelka as possible tranfers out

of all these players i'd probably steer clear of sheva and makelele, but all the others are interesting options....

is it time to shop in london again?

scolari getting rid of 7-8ish first teamers in order to give youth a chance as well.

that probably leaves players like:

sidwell, ben haim, pizarro, shevchenko as certain casualties

but also possibly players like:

swp, joe cole, kalou, makelele, anelka as possible tranfers out

of all these players i'd probably steer clear of sheva and makelele, but all the others are interesting options....

is it time to shop in london again?

Cole, SWP and (Kalou or) Anelka would be interesting... Wouldn't want any of the others.