Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Newsnow just refreshed itself, bringing this up...

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=117084

Hardly a reliable source like.

has alot of premiership experience but personally i never liked him.

he plays as RM,maybe AM...

what else?

does people here rate him btw?

Not impressed with his play and especially not his personality. The first bit of stick he'd get and some poor kid would be covered with Senegalese hockle. No thanks to the likes of him - Barton is more than enough.

The latest from Crater face:

Keegan lines up two Argentinian stars

Jul 26 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Kevin Keegan

NEWCASTLE United have set their sights on TWO Argentinian central defenders – and Kevin Keegan will be happy to sign ONE of them before he takes his side to Old Trafford three weeks tomorrow.

But if United can pull off both signings they should have no trouble gelling, because they have played together in the same Argentinian national team, along with new boy Jonas Gutierrez.

United’s recruitment team of Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez have been on the trail of Deportivo La Coruna’s Fabricio Coloccini for some time now, and he was linked with a move to St James’s Park in Glenn Roeder’s time as manager. But the Chronicle can reveal that United are also looking at Coloccini’s fellow Argentinian Nicolas Burdisso, who is now with Inter Milan.

Both Burdisso and Coloccini are products of Argentina’s most famous club – Boca Juniors.

Coloccini is 26 and, after starting his career with Boca, he has seen service with AC Milan and four clubs on loan – San Lorenzo, Alaves, Atletico Madrid and Villarreal – before linking up with Deportivo in 2004.

But he did not play in either of the InterToto Cup semi-finals with United in 2005 – both of which were won 2-1 by the Spanish outfit.

What Kevin Keegan will like about Coloccini is that he is as comfortable at right-back as he is as a central defender.

Burdisso and Coloccini have been together in the Argentinian side since 2003, and they have 20 and 27 full caps respectively. Burdisso hit the headlines in a Champions League game between Valencia and Inter Milan a year past March when a fracas broke out and he suffered a broken nose following a punch in the face from opposing player David Navarro.

Apart from Nobby Solano and Tino Asprilla, United have not been well served by players from South America in recent years.

But the beauty of bringing in players from abroad is that the transfer fee is usually spread over three or four seasons.

However, United will be happy once they have completed the signing of Gutierrez from Real Mallorca, and they do not seem to have any problem bringing in players from South America.

And they are still trying to persuade Liverpool to let them have their Argentinian left-back Emiliano Insua.

Burdisso is a really bad defender, I've watched almost all Inter games last season and he was terrible, made so many mistakes. I've not seen enough Depor games to judge Coloccini. I like Diouf as a player, I think he would be a good addition to our squad, especially if we'll play 4-3-3 next season.

nicko, yes nicko, reckons the warnock transfer saga has the 'mother off all twists'.

i'm still waiting for the modric one tbh

He said some blackburn fans will see it as positive others as negative reckon he means we or another club has bid big for him

also reckon it is rubbish

Guest neesy111

argentina have probably the best technical players in the world, and they can make it in the premiership unlike a lot of players from europe

nicko, yes nicko, reckons the warnock transfer saga has the 'mother off all twists'.

i'm still waiting for the modric one tbh

He said some blackburn fans will see it as positive others as negative reckon he means we or another club has bid big for him

also reckon it is rubbish

We've offered a swap deal involving Duff IMO.

Burdisso is a really bad defender, I've watched almost all Inter games last season and he was terrible, made so many mistakes. I've not seen enough Depor games to judge Coloccini. I like Diouf as a player, I think he would be a good addition to our squad, especially if we'll play 4-3-3 next season.

Burdisso is 100 times better then all we got in defense, hes not so bad as its seems, he is young and has alot of time left in top football.

But wy the hell would he come to us? just stupid

From Inter and CL to Newcastle and what? hehe

Mourinho has said he's got too many centre backs and wants to cut the number down.

I've also read that he's supposed to be off to Fiorentina.

Burdisso is 100 times better then all we got in defense, hes not so bad as its seems, he is young and has alot of time left in top football.

But wy the hell would he come to us? just stupid

From Inter and CL to Newcastle and what? hehe

Take a look at the bloke in your avatar you heed the ball.

Neither Burdisso or Coloccini are the standard the club should be going for.

Carlos Cueller is of the standard I would like to see Keegan go for; he was outstanding in Rangers Uefa Cup Final run last season.

Agreed, I look forward to the possibility of another Boumsong.

Carlos Cueller is of the standard I would like to see Keegan go for; he was outstanding in Rangers Uefa Cup Final run last season.

:lol:

They are not the same player I think you will find.  :thup:

The thing with Cuellar is he was in a team which was very much geared to defend and have as many men behind the ball as possible. It would be interesting to see him in a team with a bit more freedom of expression.

The thing with Cuellar is he was in a team which was very much geared to defend and have as many men behind the ball as possible. It would be interesting to see him in a team with a bit more freedom of expression.

I haven't really watched him but feel a bit nervous when trying to judge anybody playing in minor leagues.

burdisso is bad...? are you really watch inter? compare to materazzi that's the worse one

burdisso is quite handy player though not very great just average

I haven't really watched him but feel a bit nervous when trying to judge anybody playing in minor leagues.

Yup.

Who was the last major signing that came down from Scotland and was a real success btw? I really can't remember.

Barry Ferguson was a massive flop despite the Rangers fans still thinking he's a God of some sort, when in reality he's never been more than an average midfielder.

Yup.

Who was the last major signing that came down from Scotland and was a real success btw? I really can't remember.

Colin Hendry is my best guess.

Edit

Darren Fletcher to a lesser degree.

He is a proven top defender at the top level in Spain though; also a key part of the Osasuna side that got to the Uefa Cup Semi Final.

Signing him I would of thought would help Enrique in the back four also.