Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Neither Burdisso or Coloccini are the standard the club should be going for.

Carlos Cueller is of the standard I would like to see Keegan go for; he was outstanding in Rangers Uefa Cup Final run last season.

I can't say i've seen any three of them play on a regular basis... but surely the vista in class that there is with La Liga and SPL should suggest the first two are better options? ??? Champions League/World Cup experience on top of that, too.

The thing with Cuellar is he was in a team which was very much geared to defend and have as many men behind the ball as possible. It would be interesting to see him in a team with a bit more freedom of expression.

He is a proven top defender at the top level in Spain though; also a key part of the Osasuna side that got to the Uefa Cup Semi Final.

Signing him I would of thought would help Enrique in the back four also.

Actually I completely forgot about that Osasuna side he was in and their Uefa Cup run. I think you'd be a better judge anyways, you're a Spaniard aren't you mate? Or am I getting you mixed up with another member?

The thing with Cuellar is he was in a team which was very much geared to defend and have as many men behind the ball as possible. It would be interesting to see him in a team with a bit more freedom of expression.

He is a proven top defender at the top level in Spain though; also a key part of the Osasuna side that got to the Uefa Cup Semi Final.

??? Funny, cos Burdisso and Coloccini's first languages are Spanish aswell.

Carlos Cueller is of the standard I would like to see Keegan go for; he was outstanding in Rangers Uefa Cup Final run last season.

I can't say i've seen any three of them play on a regular basis... but surely the vista in class that there is with La Liga and SPL should suggest the first two are better options? ??? Champions League/World Cup experience on top of that, too.

Not really no.

Playing in a better league suggests they are better players?  ???

e; late :thdn:

I could absolutely be wrong tbf, i didn't phrase it too well; was just thinking of track records really. Basically what i meant is, it's easier for a defender to look good in the SPL that it is La Liga.

I could absolutely be wrong tbf, i didn't phrase it too well; was just thinking of track records really. Basically what i meant is, it's easier for a defender to look good in the SPL that it is La Liga.

Carlos Cuellar is also a proven defender in La Liga; a 4th place finish, a finalist of the Copa Del Rey and a Uefa Cup Semi Final with Osasuna.

Cuellar has looked fantastic everytime I have seen him which is quite a few times now and even against good opposition in the Uefa cup. He also had a very good reputation in La Liga. I don't think we will sign him though. Rangers have no need to sell and looks like they will be in the champions league. The standard in Scotland is improving btw, there are some good players, not very many at all but some. Cueallar is one imo. Hutton was another and he is doing well at Spurs. McGeady, Boruc and Steven Fletcher are the others I can think of.

Guest Heneage

??? Funny, cos Burdisso and Coloccini's first languages are Spanish aswell.

You sound suprised?

Burdisso is a really bad defender, I've watched almost all Inter games last season and he was terrible, made so many mistakes. I've not seen enough Depor games to judge Coloccini. I like Diouf as a player, I think he would be a good addition to our squad, especially if we'll play 4-3-3 next season.

burdisso is bad...? are you really watch inter? compare to materazzi that's the worse one

burdisso is quite handy player though not very great just average

I agree with duwy. I have watched alot of Inter`s games the last 2-3 seasons also and whilst Burdisso is not a bad defender he is average at best IMO and is prone to blunders

If Cuellar was so great in La Liga then why did he move to Rangers, and for only £2.4 million?  Genuine question..

I guess because he was at an unfashionable club and came from a league where a player of his stature at the time didn't get sold for stupidly high prices.

If Cuellar was so great in La Liga then why did he move to Rangers, and for only £2.4 million?  Genuine question..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6258664.stm

Last year of his contract at Osasuna being the main reason; after playing 4 years there they had originally rejected offers for him as they wanted £6 million euros but Cuellar demanded a move away.

Osasuna sold two other of their best players that Summer for relatively cheap.

He can't seriously think that we're fine in midfield and attack. I mean the man isn't an idiot is he?

Highly doubt Keegan thinks that.

The midfield needs the most reconstruction particularly if Keegan has any plans of playing his system back end of last season.

Some speculative bollocks in the Mail claiming we've bid for Senderos.

fucking hope not.

i know drogba is a very good player, but the bullying's he dishes out to senderos every time they play is nothing short of embarassing.