Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Ideally, my target would be for us not to be owned by a populist, gobshite, disengenous spurs fan.

But alas, we are stuck with him, as he has said he's definately not selling out. Oh no, not him. Look, he's wearing a ashirt and everything. He's a PROPER fan, drinks pints and everything.

Guest neesy111

why do fan's want baptista ffs

he just moaned and moaned at arsenal, and the only notiable thing he did was that game v liverpool in the carling cup

What do people think about trying to get Benayoun?

Would be very happy to see Benayoun here, i think it'd be a really good signing. Serious upgrade on Milner, and anything to have Duff nowhere near the team is good enough for me. Benayoun/Jonas on the wings would be a nice prospect.

What do people think about trying to get Benayoun?

Would be very happy to see Benayoun here, i think it'd be a really good signing. Serious upgrade on Milner, and anything to have Duff nowhere near the team is good enough for me. Benayoun/Jonas on the wings would be a nice prospect.

I was thinking more in the centre TBH, that's where we are desperate. However Benayoun is slightly lightweight for that role.

SSN says that Shorey will have left Reading by the end of the week with Coppell not saying his destination.

I'd have him here, good player.

Sunderland, Portsmouth or Villa.

Warnock's a better defender but I'd prefer Shorey just so we could have a player capable of beating the first man on corners.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/06/Prem-Sporting-president-exclusive-on-Moutinho/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/

Moutinho going nowhere - Franco

by Laurent Picard, 06 August 2008

Sporting president Filipe Soares Franco has told setantasports.com that there is little chance of Joao Moutinho moving to Everton.

Portugal international Moutinho has been linked with a big-money summer move to Goodison Park after making a positive impression on David Moyes’ scouts.

Sporting have confirmed a bid for the midfielder was recently rejected as the proposition failed to match their demands.

The promising Moutinho is rated at £22 million, and it appears Everton will have to make an improved offer if they want to achieve one of the most sensational transfers of the summer.

Portuguese supremo Franco claims his star player will stay put in order to help the Lisbon team challenge reigning champions Porto for the national Sagres Liga title.

“I’m quite optimistic and I’m convinced he is going to carry on with us,” Franco told setantasports.com.

“He is a Sporting player and that’s it. There’s been plenty of rumours this summer and an offer was made, but we rejected it because it wasn’t interesting for the club.

“With Moutinho in our team we have a great squad with many chances to win the league.

“I believe our team is better than last year and we mustn’t weaken it.”

Sounds very much like we have someone else lined up, in addition to Coloccini. After his 2 players comment last week and then "i'm confident we will bring in at least two" comments now, sounds very much like he knows we are close on someone.

My guess would be Warnock. 

Benayoun's a good player. I'd have taken Malbranque, and I'd take him too.

Fully agree. We could do a lot worse than Benayoun. Creative, prem experienced, can play across the park, works hard, gets the odd goal.

Doesn't want to move though it appears

Yossi: "Liverpool is good for me and it was always clear I want to stay and Liverpool wants me,"

I really hope Warnock isn't one of the three. Obviously Coloccini is one and two others should definitely be a striker and a central midfielder.

:thup:

Thing is though, is that at the expense of having two left backs at the club? I rate Enrique but i don't like the thought of N'Zogbia as back up.... for a few reasons. There is Edgar but afer that i am struggling.

Unless that bassong lad can do something there, i've been away for three weeks, so missed the crack with the lad?

On the other hand i fully agree about the need for them two other positions.

Benayoun's a good player. I'd have taken Malbranque, and I'd take him too.

I agree with both of those, especially Malbranque. Good player and will be a good signing for them, I fear.