Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Lets assume for a moment that we keep this formation next season i.e. the 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 with Owendinho in the hole.

And we upgrade our starting 11 like so:

Kenwyne Jones (after Sunderland crash and burn hopefully) in for Viduka.

David Bentley (yes we have a chance!) in for Geremi.

Michael Carrick (shut it Dave!) in for Butt.

Drool away gentlemen, drool away ... because Keegan will make it happen. You heard it here first.

:coolsmiley:

Kenwyne Jones doesnt look like a good talent watched a couple of his games didnt really like him dont think he has what it takes to play in the top half of the league and shouldnt be the type of players newcastle are aiming for....he would also cost around £6M to £8M which is around the same price you can get jo from cska moskov who looks like a really good talent, i think newcastle has a chance before bigger teams get interested in him.

K Jones needs a lot of work and attention to become a real Premiership player. I don't think us would be the right club for him, Sunderland certainly aren't, but they are his stepping stone to greater things, as long as he takes the next step. Off the boil in 2008, not seen anything from him to note of and next season will be even worse as he'll be flying away for NT duty interrupting any form he builds up.

I think if Sunderland are still here next season, and it looks likely, so will he. If he can maintain a full season on good form there will be a lot of teams after him, until then he's a gamble, they gambled at £6m and its paid off, if they stay in the EPL then someone will have to gamble £10m+, i'm not sure i'd like it to be us.

I think this is a mistake many make. Just because Kenwyne Jones has gone off the boil a bit everyone is now writing him off as not good enough. Fogetting the unbelievably crap team he curently plays for and the fact that he is only young and this is first season in the premiership.

Every game I watch him he still looks a threat. Great size, speed, athleticism and holds the ball up well and brings others into play. His first touch is also pretty decent. He has shown more than enough this season to justify buying him. Now is the time to go for him. It is actually a good thing he has gone back under the radar as the season draws to an end.

I remember when Bentley was being loaned to Norwich and he had a pretty good first season, although he did show some inconsistency, and I thought he was well worth a punt. I posted this on another Newcastle site and the same old top four cast offs bollox was heaped on my head, and how he wasn't good enough bla bla bla. Now people are happy to pay £20 million for him.

Imagine Kenwyne Jones with someone like Petrov, Bentley or Ashley Young providing him with consistent service? He will probably end up with Man City, Blackburn or Aston Villa if we don't go for him. Then when he begins to flourish we'll start talking about spending £20 million on him too.

I think this is a mistake many make. Just because Kenwyne Jones has gone off the boil a bit everyone is now writing him off as not good enough. Fogetting the unbelievably crap team he curently plays for and the fact that he is only young and this is first season in the premiership.

Every game I watch him he still looks a threat. Great size, speed, athleticism and holds the ball up well and brings others into play. His first touch is also pretty decent. He has shown more than enough this season to justify buying him. Now is the time to go for him. It is actually a good thing he has gone back under the radar as the season draws to an end.

I remember when Bentley was being loaned to Norwich and he had a pretty good first season, although he did show some inconsistency, and I thought he was well worth a punt. I posted this on another Newcastle site and the same old top four cast offs bollox was heaped on my head, and how he wasn't good enough bla bla bla. Now people are happy to pay £20 million for him.

Imagine Kenwyne Jones with someone like Petrov, Bentley or Ashley Young providing him with consistent service? He will probably end up with Man City, Blackburn or Aston Villa if we don't go for him. Then when he begins to flourish we'll start talking about spending £20 million on him too.

I said the exact same thing about Bentley and now people are clamoring for him.  Only thing with Jones is the cost, there's no need to be fleeced, especially if we'd be giving it to the mackems.

If Gudjohnsen decides to leave Barcelona at the end of the season, I think we should definitely go for him. Good supporting striker/attacking midfielder who can make things happen.

Goodness grief! :lol:

How about looking to the future and bringing in some fresh young talent and not the same old names.

Gudjohnsen is lsoing his pace and his legs with each passing second. He is gradually beginning to wind down his career.

Guest zeta87

What about Lorik Cana of Marseille?

Seems to know how to pass and head balls well and runs around a lot.

Think he is being tracked by some big clubs, also Marseille are in 4th place at the moment and could be playing in the Champions league next season (need to win up a 6 point lead that Nancy has on them though). Doubt that we would be able to attract him here.

oh.. you are right. Should have known.

Guest JamesD

I'd like to see us go for Huddlestone, Bentley, and some unnamed forward who can partner Owen and/or Martins up top. New CB would be good, but the MF has to be the priority.

I'd like to see us go for Huddlestone, Bentley, and some unnamed forward who can partner Owen and/or Martins up top. New CB would be good, but the MF has to be the priority.

Why would Huddlestone come here out of interest?

Why would Huddlestone come here out of interest?

To look quick next to Nicky Butt.

He's not an automatic first choice at Spurs, Ramos will almost certainly be bringing his own players in this summer, he's a northern lad.

Who knows? Maybe none of this matters to him and he wants to stay at Spurs forever, but if you don't ask you don't get.

He's not an automatic first choice at Spurs, Ramos will almost certainly be bringing his own players in this summer, he's a northern lad.

Who knows? Maybe none of this matters to him and he wants to stay at Spurs forever, but if you don't ask you don't get.

I'd rather try for Lampard then.