Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Maybe just agent talk, but Lisandro Lopez is reputed to be on the radar of the usual suspects, Spurs, Newcastle and Man City.

FWIW, I don't expect him to be on Ramos's shopping list.

Even SUPERTOON beat you to that one.

Maybe just agent talk, but Lisandro Lopez is reputed to be on the radar of the usual suspects, Spurs, Newcastle and Man City.

:lol:

The Croatian media are now saying Liverpool have made a firm bid for Modric so I think he can be crossed off the shopping list.  Xabi Alonso becoming available?

:lol:

The Croatian media are now saying Liverpool have made a firm bid for Modric so I think he can be crossed off the shopping list.  Xabi Alonso becoming available?

Going back to Spain its been rumoured. At least it'll mean no more 60yard goals past us.

Man Utd had scouts at Sporting game last night watching Miguel Veloso and Joao Moutinho.

Who were both shit.

Man Utd had scouts at Sporting game last night watching Miguel Veloso and Joao Moutinho.

Who were both s***.

Didn't think Veloso was tbh. Moved the ball around well. Not a great physical presence in front of the back 4 though. Bit like Carrick imo.

Who were both s***.

Didn't think Veloso was tbh. Moved the ball around well. Not a great physical presence in front of the back 4 though. Bit like Carrick imo.

Well Carrick's dead cert for coming here, so they need to replace him.

Who were both s***.

Well Carrick's dead cert for coming here, so they need to replace him.

I wish.

Man Utd will have been watching them for years. None of the Sporting players look anything from special from the games i've seen this season, Veloso looks tidy but no better than mid table players like Gareth Barry

Just as an aside, did anyone see how bad the Getafe keeper was last night? Absolutely threw that game away for them with a horrendous display.

Yep he was dire.  Amazing game in ET.  Getafe, down to 10 men since the 6 minute mark of the regular game, grab two quick goals in the first 5 mins of Extra Time to lead 3-1.  Bayern looked dead in the water but two terrible mistakes in the dying minutes/seconds allow Toni to grab two late goals to send Bayern  through on Away goals.

Steve Finnan? anyone reckon we could get him off Liverpool?

Yeah. I reckon he'll be off, they're supposed to  be after Rafinha now after chasing Daniel Alves for ages and also have Arbeloa who is younger than Finnan and gets brownie points for being born in Spain.

Wouldn't mind us getting him for a couple of years tbh. He's solid, if unspectacular, and we need a right back.

Guest sicko2ndbest

gutted about Modric's comment today regarding Liverpools interest.

He is the cog our engine needs

Think Gareth Barry would be a quality acquisition. Poor man's Carrick, indeed keeping him out the england squad. Very verstalie and at a decent age as well. Would be an improvement on Butt and would be excellent back up for our LB position.

Think Gareth Barry would be a quality acquisition. Poor man's Carrick, indeed keeping him out the england squad. Very verstalie and at a decent age as well. Would be an improvement on Butt and would be excellent back up for our LB position.

Why on earth would he give up being captain of Villa to come to Newcastle? This thread is so cringe-worthy with regards to names being banded about.

Why on earth would he give up being captain of Villa to come to Newcastle? This thread is so cringe-worthy with regards to names being banded about.

I like the way some people STILL think of him as somewhat of a left back, every time he's mentioned. Hasn't played there for about six or seven years and the bloke himself wouldn't even entertain the idea tbh.

Your point is also very valid.

Keegan signed a few players from the Football League first time around, anyone want to whack some names from the lower leagues in this thread who may be worth a punt?

I like the look of wingers Commons (Notts F) & Kightly (Wolves), I am not 100% sure if they could make the step up but they look like good footballers to me.

Keegan signed a few players from the Football League first time around, anyone want to whack some names from the lower leagues in this thread who may be worth a punt?

I like the look of wingers Commons (Notts F) & Kightly (Wolves), I am not 100% sure if they could make the step up but they look like good footballers to me.

Joe Ledley as well.

I reckon Kyle Lafferty has potential. Big lad who is pretty mobile for his size.