Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I don't understand the interest in Carrick.  Not that he isn;t a good player, but isn't Carrick starting most games for Manure?  Other than Carrick being from Tyneside, what other draw is there for him to come to Newcastle.  You have more chance getting Hargreaves than Carrick.

I don't understand the interest in Carrick.  Not that he isn;t a good player, but isn't Carrick starting most games for Manure?  Other than Carrick being from Tyneside, what other draw is there for him to come to Newcastle.  You have more chance getting Hargreaves than Carrick.

Yep Carrick is a good player for Man U, i think old blue nose considers him quite an important player.

I think Park is exactly the type of player we should be avoiding, a big 4 cast off who is made to look good by the players around him. No thanks.

I think it's exactly the opposite for him. He's a very, very good player who's not getting as much credit as he could because he's only playing a bit part and is playing alongside the greatest player in the world at the moment.

I've seen him playing for the national team countless amount of times, and seeing him play with shit players actually makes me realize how much depth he has in his game that doesn't shine when he's at Man U because he's surrounded by players like Ronaldo and Rooney. Aside from his obvious advantages (versatility, work ethic, pace) he's got excellent technique and surprising creativity and vision. I honestly think the SWP comparison is apt and that he'd walk into any side outside of the top 3 right now.

He's very underrated right now because of the players around them and the fact that Man United's formation doesn't really play to his strengths, but this is the lad who almost single handedly dismantled AC Milan three years ago. Unfortunately he's convinced himself that he's happy warming the bench for Ronaldo and Nani at ManU. Would love to see him move in the summer to a side like us or Villa and really show the world what he can do.

Bored of top 4 cast-offs tbh. We've essentially written a dossier on how it doesn't work. (Michael Carrick would not be a cast-off btw... not that we have a cat in hell's chance of bringing him here anyway).

I like the 'differenceness' of Baggio's list aswell, although most of the players there i can't really comment on. It's thinking outside the box though, which is a better approach to picking off rejects from the big teams.

The fourth picture down won't load up for me btw. Underneath Beevers.

Bored of top 4 cast-offs tbh. We've essentially written a dossier on how it doesn't work. (Michael Carrick would not be a cast-off btw... not that we have a cat in hell's chance of bringing him here anyway).

I like the 'differenceness' of Baggio's list aswell, although most of the players there i can't really comment on. It's thinking outside the box though, which is a better approach to picking off rejects from the big teams.

The fourth picture down won't load up for me btw. Underneath Beevers.

http://kr.goal.com/resultsimg/7267.jpg

Who's that then? :blush:

(Btw, when i said i liked Baggio's list, i didn't especially mean the individuals - cos i don't really know them - i meant the approach)

Do you know much about this Gomis fella then? Apart from the fact he's the next Drogba yada yada yada.

Who's that then? :blush:

(Btw, when i said i liked Baggio's list, i didn't especially mean the individuals - cos i don't really know them - i meant the approach)

Do you know much about this Gomis fella then? Apart from the fact he's the next Drogba yada yada yada.

Vasilis Torosidis.

My list is what I think Keegan will go for rather than who I'd want and no, I haven't seen much of Gomis.

Linked with:

http://blogsimages.skynet.be/images_v2/002/539/698/20060606/dyn002_original_400_282_pjpeg_2539698_d774964c4c445ce6b8f933167022e44d.jpg

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan is targeting a £6m summer move for Liverpool midfielder Jermaine Pennant. (The Sun)

The Magpies are also keeping tabs on Anderlecht winger Mbarek Boussoufa. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7335900.stm

Vincent Kompany.

How has he turned out? Cant say I have seen much of the lad but remember all the hype.

Been injured quite a bit recently I think, but he was very very highly thought of a couple of years back iirc.

Better than what we have from the (limited) times I've seen him.

I'd still have Gilberto

His legs have gone.

Like Geremi and Sol Campbell?

Just a footballing cop out, he's been injured and in and out of the team thats all, he's still a very good player.

I'd still have Gilberto

His legs have gone.

Like Geremi and Sol Campbell?

Just a footballing cop out, he's been injured and in and out of the team thats all, he's still a very good player.

No, not like them. Just ask Arsenal fans, Gilberto is a disaster these days.

Guest JamesD

Gilberto was horrible in the CL match today. Lost the ball loads and didn't do much positive. Lost his ability to accelerate out of a tight spot, or turn quick enough. Back to Brazil soon, I imagine.

Gilberto was horrible in the CL match today. Lost the ball loads and didn't do much positive. Lost his ability to accelerate out of a tight spot, or turn quick enough. Back to Brazil soon, I imagine.

Wenger has lost near enough all faith in him, that tells its own storey imo.