Second Favourite Teams?

ChrisJbarnes

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

:angel:

Why would you want to support a team form somewhere you weren't from?

Second teams from anywhere is bad enough, but another in the EPL, as the first poster clearly has, is mental.

So what if I don't live in Newcastle? I've followed Newcastle my entire life, but because I don't live in Newcastle, or even have an English nationality, I'm not a worthy follower of the team? I fail to see where that makes sense, and I won't even bother start saying why people would support a team from a town they are not from. I'd rather see you back up your statement as to why someone supporting a team that is not from where they're from is the correct answer, 'cause I think you'd have a hard time making a valid point backing that up.

As for having a "second" team, can you honestly say you've not paid more attention to teams around the world after managing teams on FM for instance? It's not like people are rampant fans of these "second" teams, but there are certain teams that if were on the telly I would want to watch just for the pleasure of watching football.

Though of course if you follow two teams in the same league almost with the same passion I'd say there was something wrong with that person and he'd/she'd need to get put to sleep. You don't have "second" teams in the same league, it's a given.

i have clubs who's results i look out for (sheff wed,lincoln city)as i have friends who support them....don't care if they win or lose,just interested in how they done.

i'm with the northumbrian,i can't understand the idea of second favourite teams....even in the euro leagues (unless i have cash on) i just want the small teams to turn the big ones over.

Guest kingdawson

Well Fulham is my second team for a number of reasons (used to work at craven cottage,likeable manager, some likeable players, there fans are always very fiendly).

Whilst we're at it, i'll tell you guys a little story. About 4-5 years ago i was working on the cash tills at Fulham and this very friendly old white guy always used to come to me and start conversation. Week after week (well every two weeks for all the smart arses) he would just come to me and talk about politics, history ect (he would also contantly tell me to ditch spurs and follow fulham) and clue me up on a lot of things tbh. One day, after giving him his change, i called him "Boss" to which he got quite offended. He told me about it being a derogotory term back in the 50's that blacks would be forced to use to address White people. He then told me to look it up and get back to him at the next home game.

Me being an excited teen at the time went to the library a couple of days later to look it up and sure enough, he was right. So come the following saturday im armed with the info iv'e got and am ready to tell him everything i know when i find out he died. The next home game his wife invited me to the funeral and to this day no teacher has ever taught me anywhere near what i learnt from him.

Slightly o/t but that's definatly another reason why i like Fulham Fc.

I have a big soft spot for Fulham. If I lived in London and couldn't get to see Villa play, I'd definitely go and watch Fulham when i wanted a football fix.

Great traditional ground, the cottage is lovely, an Archibald Leitch stand, a fantastic location by the river, decent fans, good boozers all round the area, the neutral end to use when away tickets sell out quickly, knowledgeable supporters, nice club who try to play football.

What I don't understand are people who say "shit club, no fans" as if anyone who doesnt get 40,000 and play in some identikit blandodome stadium isn't worth paying attention to. They're entirely missing the point. About football in general, in fact.

I hope they stay up. One Fulham is worth 100 Wigans.

I have a big soft spot for Fulham. If I lived in London and couldn't get to see Villa play, I'd definitely go and watch Fulham when i wanted a football fix.

Great traditional ground, the cottage is lovely, an Archibald Leitch stand, a fantastic location by the river, decent fans, good boozers all round the area, the neutral end to use when away tickets sell out quickly, knowledgeable supporters, nice club who try to play football.

What I don't understand are people who say "shit club, no fans" as if anyone who doesnt get 40,000 and play in some identikit blandodome stadium isn't worth paying attention to. They're entirely missing the point. About football in general, in fact.

I hope they stay up. One Fulham is worth 100 Wigans.

Spot on :thup:

Because there's no way on gods green fucking earth I'm supporting a 2nd division american team that hasn't even been around longer than I've loved newcastle.  And it has a crest with a goddamn gorilla on it

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3452/atlanta20silverbacksva7.jpg

Jesus fucking wept.  That's a team from "where I'm from".  Surely asylum can be granted in situations like this.

What's wrong with having other teams you're interested in? I support Newcastle, but I also follow Barcelona as I have a house there and spend months there every year, andf follow Charlton as they are the team nearest where I live, and Crystal Palace as they were my school's team and helped us out with coaching and stuff. Nothing wrong with hoping teams for which you have an affinity do well. I also hope the teams that my family support do well etc... doesn't mean I'm a defector.

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!   :indi:

Fuckin hate that "support your local team" bullshit... I want to support a team that entertains me. I don't give a fuck, where they're from...

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

Fuckin hate that "support your local team" bullshit... I want to support a team that entertains me. I don't give a f***, where they're from...

does that mean if they stop entertaining you'll go elsewhere ?

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!   :indi:

Fuckin hate that "support your local team" bullshit... I want to support a team that entertains me. I don't give a fuck, where they're from...

Two things I don't get about that - 1) You support Newcastle and 2) You can't understand people having a 2nd team.

I only ever care about Newcastle, the only time I care about how others are doing is when they're around us in the league table.  I support Newcastle because I was born into it, not that my parents were into football.

People from other areas who support Newcastle are total mongs when they could have supported teams who have won things regularly, they deserve a medal the size of a bin lid.

I only ever care about Newcastle, the only time I care about how others are doing is when they're around us in the league table.  I support Newcastle because I was born into it, not that my parents were into football.

People from other areas who support Newcastle are total mongs when they could have supported teams who have won things regularly, they deserve a medal the size of a bin lid.

it's something i've asked before of those from outside the area and without ties to NUFC but what lead them to NUFC.  ? (thats not a sneering question,it's a genuine enquiry)

Fuckin hate that "support your local team" bullshit... I want to support a team that entertains me. I don't give a f***, where they're from...

Two things I don't get about that - 1) You support Newcastle and 2) You can't understand people having a 2nd team.

Alex don't get it again... ;-)

No. They stopped entertaining after the KK era (so I would've been already gone),  but had won over me. Since then I hope for a return in style... (cannot imagine what it is like, to support a team like ManU or Arsenal)

Yeah, would be great to be Glory Hunter... :-(

it's something i've asked before of those from outside the area and without ties to NUFC but what lead them to NUFC.  ? (thats not a sneering question,it's a genuine enquiry)

I lived down South in the late 70's and early 80's and went to every away game by train.  I met the same people going to the games every week and most of them didn't know why we supported Newcastle, a few did it because a parent was from Newcastle but most had no ties with the area.

What a sneering question for a "non-sneering asker"... :-0

Like I said "mongs" they can't even quote, not that we needed any proof.   :lol:

Like I said "mongs" they can't even quote, not that we needed any proof.   :lol:

Yeah right, correct quotes are the most essential things in life...