Second Favourite Teams?

ChrisJbarnes

Guest Brummiemag

I have a big soft spot for Fulham. If I lived in London and couldn't get to see Villa play, I'd definitely go and watch Fulham when i wanted a football fix.

Great traditional ground, the cottage is lovely, an Archibald Leitch stand, a fantastic location by the river, decent fans, good boozers all round the area, the neutral end to use when away tickets sell out quickly, knowledgeable supporters, nice club who try to play football.

What I don't understand are people who say "shit club, no fans" as if anyone who doesnt get 40,000 and play in some identikit blandodome stadium isn't worth paying attention to. They're entirely missing the point. About football in general, in fact.

I hope they stay up. One Fulham is worth 100 Wigans.

Agree with that 100% - also rather than people saying they have shit fans I respect the fact they support an unfashionable team rather than turning into glory hunters and supporting Chelsea etc - one of the best fans in London I would say, with the exception of Orient   

I won't even be looking at the Premier League table. It'll be too painful seeing us not there.

Used to like Man City pre-takeover because they were a team full of characters. Never had anything like a true "second team" though.

Guest firetotheworks

I've always enjoyed watching Arsenal, Inter Milan and Barcelona. But I don't support them.

I have a massive issue now, as "both" of my teams are in the same league :(

I wouldn't call them my team, but I've always watched out for Forest's results, so it'll be strange to actually be playing them. Could never support another team, but I'll still follow the Premier League.

Guest saintscoobz

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

:clap:

I have a massive issue now, as "both" of my teams are in the same league :(

I wouldn't call them my team, but I've always watched out for Forest's results, so it'll be strange to actually be playing them. Could never support another team, but I'll still follow the Premier League.

I always look out for Forest after living there for 4 years and going to the odd game, so in that sense I guess they're my second team. Don't really know anything about them though, I'd be surprised if I could name more than ten of their players.

Southampton have always been my 'second team', was taken to my first few games by my Southampton supporting relatives. Then one came and lived with us whilst at Uni, took me to Watford games and I've never looked back.

Worksop Town :thup:

Currently homeless. At one time had waddle, finished 2nd (couldn't get promoted to confrence as ground was too s***. Lost all our money, just avoided administration. Lost our ground. Now in unibond prem.

New ground on the way.

We have michael Dawsons brother Kevin on the books (or we did til this summer).

http://www.worksoptownfc.co.uk/newsdetails.php?news_id=1806

This is the football I enkjoy when I go home. Route 1 ftw!

http://www.splmediatv1.info/wttv/highlights/index.php

Currently homeless. At one time had waddle, finished 2nd (couldn't get promoted to confrence as ground was too shit. Lost all our money, just avoided administration. Lost our ground. Now in unibond prem.

New ground on the way.

I was talking to a Worksop fan in Mablethorpe the other week,he gave me the scenario what you've told us .Something like a 50 mile round trip for home games for their fans last season wasn't it LM?

Currently homeless. At one time had waddle, finished 2nd (couldn't get promoted to confrence as ground was too s***. Lost all our money, just avoided administration. Lost our ground. Now in unibond prem.

New ground on the way.

I was talking to a Worksop fan in Mablethorpe the other week,he gave me the scenario what you've told us .Something like a 50 mile round trip for home games for their fans last season wasn't it LM?

Yes it was. I went to a few, but we went from 1000 fans in 2005 to about 50 in 2009. Absolutely gutted, as we were so promising, but it all fell apart. Got a few players we had on the books playing in the leagues now, couple in league 2, and rest are in the tiers above worksop.