Championship MUCH more competitive than Premier League

stozo

Surely I'm not the only bored with the lack of competition in the Premier League and how year after year the same teams seem to runaway with it. IMO the Championship is becoming much more fascinating.

In the Premiership 16 pionts seperate the top 4. In the Championship just 3 pionts seperate the top 4.

Gap from 1st to bottom in Premiership is 54 pionts. In the Championship it's 27.

Everything is much closer in the Championship and about 14 teams still have realistic chances at getting in the playoffs or getting promoted. Premiership seems over already, only thing up for grabs really is 4th place and two of the relegation places.

Are you trying to soften the blow?

More of a comment on football in general rather than NUFC. I just find it sad you never see a team come up anymore and believe they can compete for top 6.

I was joking (sort of).

Depends on your definition of competitive. I hear the lads at Blyth saying the Blue Square Northern is a bastard to get out of and its fucking hard to win the prem, both signs of tough competitions.

Maybe its because when your good at the championship, you don't stay there?

I mean if everytime one of the "big four" won the premierleague and got promoted to a higher league then of course we'll see a huge title challenge between the likes of Pompy, Everton, Man City, Spurs..etc..

Depends on what you value more, competitiveness or quality.

The Championship is a indeed a really competitive league, but it's light years behind the Premiership in terms of the football being played now.

well teams like bolton derby dont really have much to offer. cant be that much ahead of some championhip teams. although i didnt think stoke looked that good.

i thought west brom would run away with it but now their 4th. is it possible for neutrals to get tickets for the championship playoffs or st holders only?

It's possible, maybe need to be on their databases but at most grounds you'll struggle. Maybe Stoke, you could get some, the rest will sell out.

However, the standard of football is not that much worse than the Premiership imo, it just seems that long passes in the CCC are labelled as hoofs, Chelsea therefore hoof it as much as a fair few CCC sides. Southampton, Bristol City and West Brom have come to Watford and played some delightful passing football, 2 were successful and beat us (the reasoning for which is debatable) however it isn't as bad as people make out, I'd rather watch Watford vs Leicester like last night (if I were a neutral) than say Bolton/Wigan vs Middlesborough/Derby.

hmm. ill go to the league 1 playoffs then!!

Generally unless a team like Darlo/MK Dons (stadiums way too big for them) you'll not be able to get tix for any of the semi games. Finals will be easy enough though although last season they were very full but prob just for the new Wembley novelty factor.

Generally unless a team like Darlo/MK Dons (stadiums way too big for them) you'll not be able to get tix for any of the semi games. Finals will be easy enough though although last season they were very full but prob just for the new Wembley novelty factor.

I bet you the CCC final WILL be sold out in the team's respective allocations. It was at Watford vs Leeds.

Watford

West Brom

Stoke

Palace, Charlton and Citeh to lose in the play-offs.

I bet you the CCC final WILL be sold out in the team's respective allocations. It was at Watford vs Leeds.

Watford

West Brom

Stoke

Palace, Charlton and Citeh to lose in the play-offs.

sorry i meant league 1 and 2 ones, wasn't very clear there. Champ playoff final is always a sell out

Watford, West Brom for the automatic spots. Stoke in the playoffs probably.

Would like Bristol City to come up, mad that such a big city has never had a top flight club. Can't see them going the distance though.

I think Watford will go up automatically. My head says West Brom will go with them but they have hit a spot of bad form recently.

Every year somebody always makes a late push for the play-offs as well and I wonder who that'll be this year. I quite fancy Sheffield United, had a horrible season so far but they definetly have the players to make a push and they are only 9 pionts off 6th.

Praying that Stoke don't get up. Absolutely shit town, hooligan fanbase and a horrible style of football.

Would like Bristol City to come up, mad that such a big city has never had a top flight club. Can't see them going the distance though.

Is that really true? I've been setting the queston "What's the biggest city in England never to have had a top flight club?" and giving out Hull as an answer.  :tumbleweed:

Is that really true? I've been setting the queston "What's the biggest city in England never to have had a top flight club?" and giving out Hull as an answer.  :tumbleweed:

I've always thought Carlisle should be a bigger club than it is.  Although Cumbria doesn't have a great population density, considering theres fuck all between the Preston area and Scotland there could (and perhaps should) be quite a large fanbase.

Think it is true yeah, I'm not 100% though. Might just  be that they  haven't played in the top flight for donkeys years.

So your question could still be right :)

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Not according to Wiki...

From the Bristol City FC wikipedia page:

"Their highest finishing position in the League was in the 1906-07 season when the team were runners-up to Newcastle in Division 1."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_City