Edgar unhappy with lack of first-team action - agent

ChrisJbarnes

A correct one though.

Alan 'no goals' Smith or Andy 'never had a proper chance' Carroll?

Stephen 'the useless fuking retarded cock sucking dwarf' Carr or David 'I need some fuking games' Edgar?

you know why andy carroll never had or probably will never get a proper chance.........................because he's not good enough.

i've heard the same thing said about joe allon,paul brayson,paul robinson and michael chopra...."you never know till you try them" pile of s***. tell you what,you never know i might have been good enough just wasn't given a chance.

Agree with this. He was 4th choice to Ormerod, Agyemang & Mellor for half a season in a team in the bottom 3 in the Championship, and yet now people want him getting a game for us?

And on my Carroll point, Irvine fought tooth and nail to keep Paul Gallagher until the end of the season, yet he couldn't get shot of Carroll quick enough.

Is it fair to write off a young player making his way in the game for failing to shine in one of the worst sides in the division? He did alright in pre-season.

I think the kids get a rough deal because we change managers so often, virtually all new managers pick more experienced players at first and try to get a look at the kids before throwing them in at the deep and.  I'm sure our kids would do better if we had a settled manager who had seen enough of them to know what they can do.

Edgar looked as if he was capable of breaking into the first team on a more regular basis but for some reason was dropped by Roeder and I'm not sure if he proved to Allardyce that he was good enough, I doubt he's given Keegan long enough to form an opinion on his suitability.

Carroll looks like he has a chance of making the grade from the bits of him I've seen.

I think he has more promise than Chopra, who was the last local forward to almost break through. Certainly looks more suited physically to top level football.

I reckon Keegan will keep him and next season he could figure occasionally.

I think the kids get a rough deal because we change managers so often, virtually all new managers pick more experienced players at first and try to get a look at the kids before throwing them in at the deep and.  I'm sure our kids would do better if we had a settled manager who had seen enough of them to know what they can do.

Edgar looked as if he was capable of breaking into the first team on a more regular basis but for some reason was dropped by Roeder and I'm not sure if he proved to Allardyce that he was good enough, I doubt he's given Keegan long enough to form an opinion on his suitability.

It's a good point but then Zoggy got in the 1st team. I know he didn't come through the academy but he was young and unproven when he arrived. Shocking to think he's on his 5th Newcastle manager already in a fledgling career!

This is a good point. Young, inexperienced players are usually brought through in a planned way, by a manager who is able to implement a long-term strategy. A new manager pitching in a youngster in the hope that they'll improve a struggling team is the opposite of what you really want.

I would pee myself laughing at you lot if Carroll was brought on and scored on Saturday, infact I hope it happens. It would be great to see what you would all say about him then.

Yes, because scoring in one game, would definateky make a player good enough, he would prove himslef to be a star then, eh.

Guest toonlass

I would pee myself laughing at you lot if Carroll was brought on and scored on Saturday, infact I hope it happens. It would be great to see what you would all say about him then.

Yes, because scoring in one game, would definateky make a player good enough, he would prove himslef to be a star then, eh.

Not at all, but it would be nice for him to say, "My last two goals for Newcastle have been against Manchester United and Juventus."

Not at all, but it would be nice for him to say, "My last two goals for Newcastle have been against Manchester United and Juventus."

It still wouldn't make him a premiership quality player. Even Shambles had the odd decent half a game, and he was ball-achingly shite.

Better than NOT scoring and being utter shite while actually PLAYING for the first team, which applies to TOO MANY of the current useless pack of garbage incumbents

It still wouldn't make him a premiership quality player. Even Shambles had the odd decent half a game, and he was ball-achingly shite.

She just said as much tbh.

Guest toonlass

Northern Monkey, how can you judge Carroll as being Premiership quality? How many games has he had? How often have you seen him play in the reserves and juniors? Good job you are not working in football or else no players would make it through the youth system into the premiership.

How can you judge Carroll as being Premiership quality? How many games has he had? how often have you seen him play in the reserves and juniors? Good job you are not working in football or else no players would make it through the youth system into the premiership.

He just likes a whinge man. Leave him to it ;)

She just said as much tbh.

Northern Monkey, how can you judge Carroll as being Premiership quality? How many games has he had? How often have you seen him play in the reserves and juniors? Good job you are not working in football or else no players would make it through the youth system into the premiership.

Aye, we should play our resaerves and youth players in the Premiership, even if they clearly aren't up to it. After all, all we need is passion and committment.

How can you judge Carroll as being Premiership quality? How many games has he had? how often have you seen him play in the reserves and juniors? Good job you are not working in football or else no players would make it through the youth system into the premiership.

Mind your fucking business, then.

Mind your fucking business, then.

On your say so? Ok :lol:

Aye considering we are shite and there's still nobody from boros young stars that I'd want.

I'd take Wheater, Cattermole, Downing, Andrew Taylor for nowt, no problem at all.

Taylor would be great for squad rotation at left back, we'd be delighted to have someone of his quality come through the ranks.

Wheater's doing well, rash and dirty but thats Boro's policy

Cattermole is a canny combative midfielder, better than Geremi, Butt or any other holding type we've got.

Downing needs no explanation.

Adam Johnson is another one who's coming good, and there's so much hype around Porritt, although i've never seen him play.

The lads who's just fuked off to Celtic was supposed to be another hot prospect, Ben Hutchinson.

Like i said, we'd be lucky to have such a crop.

They've got the lad Grounds playing at LB at the moment too and from what I've seen, he looks alright. Matthew Bates has never disgraced himself either but he's had two very serious injuries which have kept him out and reduced him to getting his knob out and taking photos of it in his spare time.

Just because none of the players are the quality of Gerrard or Shearer doesn't mean anything, players like that come along once in a blue moon. Boro don't have any qualms about sticking their young 'uns in while we'll do anything to keep them out most of the time i.e. playing Stephen Carr.

Whether that's testament to them just being shit or a sign of not being willing to take a chance, either way doesn't exactly reflect very well on us. I know one thing, if Edgar had performed for them like he did for us against Man Utd and West Ham, there is not a cat in hell's chance he'd still be waiting for his opportunity to even get on the field.

The sign of a good academy isn't just producing Robbie Fowler and Wayne Rooney once in a generation, it's to consistently produce players who can go in at Premiership level and not look like a fish out of water. In the last ten years we've had Taylor, Ameobi...erm... that's about our lot and they're both crap! Boro have had about ten in the last two or three years - some have made it, some have not and have dropped down to lower leagues eventually but at least they know and most of them did a good job at one time or another for them. It's not on.

Boro's young players are pretty average, but still capable of playing to premiership standard like Downing, Johnson, Wheater and Cattermole. and also a bunch of other slightly less talented lads like Morrison, Taylor, Davies, Hutchinson, Grounds etc. Also coming through some bright sparks in Walker (geordie lad on loan at aberdeen scored vs bayern) and Porritt who is wanted by loads of clubs. i think it is part of the point that not all of them are world-beaters, they're getting the very best out of raw material that is not great. lads of the same talent level here would probably fall by the wayside.

Guest Sniffer

When was the last time boro actually produced a top quality player? We haven't done that many but I'm struggling to think of any from them. Am I just forgetting somebody?