What's the hardest task for KK?

bulivye

i mean, what is currently the most urgent yet most difficult thing he has to do?  is it avoid relegation, assess/motivate the current squad, keep the fans happy or the media at bay?  or is it just finding that elusive first win? 

The hardest task is probably going to be the first win. The longer we go without it then the harder it's going to get.

If we don't have a serious crack at Man Utd then I'm going to be very, very worried.

so, you think kev's got the media right where he wants them? 

Oh definitely not, but I think the media have shafted us as much as they can this season, and I'm hoping they won't mess us up too much before the end of the season.

One win and things change massively.

If we beat Manchester United then the place will be bouncing again.

so, you think kev's got the media right where he wants them? 

The media will always and forever be quick to take a snipe at Newcastle. That's the way it is really. Sure, it'd be an absolutely mammoth task for him to alter the media's ideology that we're a joke, but i don't think it counts because it's pretty much impossible. Like i say, it's the way it is. I think so, anyhow.

Long term, i think finding the creative player that will push us forward to that next level, be our 'Steven Gerrard' (hate that cliche). That's going to be some task.

In my opinion KK's biggest task will be to get the first win, just as The Janitor said. The longer we go without one the harder it will get.

The media will always be after us, I believe the fans will not turn on him this season unless we end up beneath 17th place on the table, and the squad will get a motivation lift after we get a win.

The hardest job(apart from saving the club from relegation)is restoring any real credibility to Newcastle United F.C,- we are viewed as a joke club and it will take a long time to alter this.

It also means that we will find it very difficult to sign good players.....

Where are all the wonderful people who were saying that they expected Newcastle to finish in the top 6 this season (note that this was after Big Sam had made his signings). Boy has the tone changed since eh?

The hardest job(apart from saving the club from relegation)is restoring any real credibility to Newcastle United F.C,- we are viewed as a joke club and it will take a long time to alter this.

It also means that we will find it very difficult to sign good players.....

This is very true.  Although it encompasses many things, bringing back credibility is the key for me, because it will mean good management, good players, good results, and less media spotlight.  The only thing I'd put above that is winning a trophy, which could still come with the club acting more or less as a joke.

Guest Hodgson09

We need to get to that 40 point mark, so avoiding relegation is the big one we need to win matches.

After that we need a major overhaul, we need players with pace just like Sir Bob said, I'm sure KK knows that.

Guest shaun11177

Sqeezing another 10 points out of this squad, most of which probably realise they will be surplus to requirements next season so have little motivation to slog their guts out for us in a relegation battle.

Guest Stephen927

Short term - getting his first win, getting to the end of the season and achieving a respectable position with the players he has.

Long term - getting the buzz back to St James Park, the belief in the team, and hopefully some quality players along the way.