A message from the international supporters.

oldtype

Any American who lives local to Florida (Disney etc) who would like to see NUFC over next Christmas I'll gladly swap my house for yours for two weeks and you can even have the free use of my season ticket.

Same goes for anyone who lives a glorious hotspot in this marvellous world of ours. (Folk from Walker need not apply)

Any American who lives local to Florida (Disney etc) who would like to see NUFC over next Christmas I'll gladly swap my house for yours for two weeks and you can even have the free use of my season ticket.

Same goes for anyone who lives a glorious hotspot in this marvellous world of ours. (Folk from Walker need not apply)

bluelaugh.gif

It's a sad day when any Newcastle fan has to justify supporting a s**** team to anybody but himself.

:clap:

It's a sad day when people feel the need to make the same snide comment over and over again, thinking themselves clever to make it, despite the fact that I've said numerous times that this is not a justification of any sort.  :rant:

You know, I actually kind of regret posting this now. It didn't change anybody's mind and it's obviously had more of a divisive effect than anything.

I'm on my way from California to Newcastle for the first time in April.  God I hope we win the Reading game.

Bad news, that falls under the category of 'game we should win against shit team on a horrific run'. Guaranteed failure.

I'm on my way from California to Newcastle for the first time in April.  God I hope we win the Reading game.

Bad news, that falls under the category of 'game we should win against s*** team on a horrific run'. Guaranteed failure.

Who knows, with some bad luck that could even be the day we go into the dropzone.  :frantic:

I feel your pain Kager. My two home games so far have been Man City(06/07) and Liverpool(07/08). I've yet to see us scoring at SJP.

missing the point a bit are we? I was never arguing for the "right" to support NUFC. That's a silly thing to argue, anyone can support whatever club they want.

I was just pointing out that the dismissive attitude that's been proliferating in certain circles around here has been causing many of us varying degrees of discomfort/anger, and judging by the other international supporters who've replied to this thread I don't think I was alone in that assessment.

Call me a drama queen if you want, but someobdy had to say this.

thats the paranoia bit as the dismissive attitude was never aimed at you lot.

(bloody foreigners,what they like eh ?)

The paranoia is understandable though. No one wants to be a supporter and feel they are still on the outside looking in. It's easy for those of us born here to dismiss it because we don't feel it.

missing the point a bit are we? I was never arguing for the "right" to support NUFC. That's a silly thing to argue, anyone can support whatever club they want.

I was just pointing out that the dismissive attitude that's been proliferating in certain circles around here has been causing many of us varying degrees of discomfort/anger, and judging by the other international supporters who've replied to this thread I don't think I was alone in that assessment.

Call me a drama queen if you want, but someobdy had to say this.

thats the paranoia bit as the dismissive attitude was never aimed at you lot.

(bloody foreigners,what they like eh ?)

The paranoia is understandable though. No one wants to be a supporter and feel they are still on the outside looking in. It's easy for those of us born here to dismiss it because we don't feel it.

i didn't even see anyone having a go at the international brigade,i've met nufc fans in lots of countries and it's good,i'm all in favour. the slaggings off have been for the brit based glory hunters. we have a go at the man utd/arsenal and chelsea ones without admitting our own.

i'm not having a pop at anyone on here as i don't personally know them so can't vouch one way or the other so i'll take everyone at their word.

if they are paranoid because NM said he didn't understand the concept of how they chose nufc they need to give thenselves a shake.(even then,he said he could understand the position of those from abroad)

will someone direct me to the slaggings off the foreign legion have been given ?

Well I didn't say anyone had been slagging off the foreign legion. What I said was "No one wants to be a supporter and feel they are still on the outside looking in. It's easy for those of us born here to dismiss it because we don't feel it."

Just an explanation for the supposed paranoia. Are we any different when the shoe's on the other foot? The southern media's out to get us, London press etc.?

Bad news, that falls under the category of 'game we should win against s*** team on a horrific run'. Guaranteed failure.

Who knows, with some bad luck that could even be the day we go into the dropzone.  :frantic:

I feel your pain Kager. My two home games so far have been Man City(06/07) and Liverpool(07/08). I've yet to see us scoring at SJP.

Here's hoping we get something although on paper it is a game we almost always shoot ourselves in the foot

Well I didn't say anyone had been slagging off the foreign legion. What I said was "No one wants to be a supporter and feel they are still on the outside looking in. It's easy for those of us born here to dismiss it because we don't feel it."

Just an explanation for the supposed paranoia. Are we any different when the shoe's on the other foot? The southern media's out to get us, London press etc.?

sorry big t for all yours was the last post it was mainly meant for oldtype. "dismissive attitude that has been causing us varying degrees of discomfort/anger"

It's a sad day when people feel the need to make the same snide comment over and over again, thinking themselves clever to make it, despite the fact that I've said numerous times that this is not a justification of any sort.  :rant:

You know, I actually kind of regret posting this now. It didn't change anybody's mind and it's obviously had more of a divisive effect than anything.

:lol:

I think you need to calm down, the "snide comment" as you put it was not aimed at any supporter who isn't from Newcastle, more those who may feel people need to justify why they support Newcastle, again, I wasn't suggesting that anybody was justifying it, more that some might feel they should do so.   

:lol:

I think you need to calm down, the "snide comment" as you put it was not aimed at any supporter who isn't from Newcastle, more those who may feel people need to justify why they support Newcastle, again, I wasn't suggesting that anybody was justifying it, more that some might feel they should do so. 

Exactly, his rant was lost on me as well but i couldn't be fuked to respond to the plastic foreign fan.

O0

i think it's about time that those from outside newcastle had to have a sign,on their av perhaps,maybe a black cross,to denote they aren't troo.

At least, possibly make them apologise to the real proper 100% pure-blood NUFC fans at the end of each of their posts as well?

Only fair imo.

i think it's about time that those from outside newcastle had to have a sign,on their av perhaps,maybe a black cross,to denote they aren't troo.

At least, possibly make them apologise to the real proper 100% pure-blood NUFC fans at the end of each of their posts as well?

Only fair imo.

instead of a sig..good idea.

how about a set limit of posts per day ?

Only fair imo.

Limit of no posts, they shouldn't be allowed to mingle with the elite.

Give them their own forum, call it 'The retards: Who's opinions simply don't count to real fans' and we can pop in now and again and laugh at them, and generally insult the fukers.

Only fair imo.

Limit of none, they shouldn't be allowed to mingle with the elite.

Give them their own forum, call it 'The retards: Who's opinions simply don't count to real fans' and we can pop in now and again and laugh at them, and generally insult the fukers.

agree with the sentiment but "the retards" is atad harsh......how about the "uncivilised" ? or "plastic geordie corner"

Only fair imo.

agree with the sentiment but "the retards" is atad harsh......how about the "uncivilised" ?

True, we shouldn't openly mock the inflicted like that.

I think we should run monthly competitions against each of the 'uncivilised' as to who's the better toon fan. The winner granted 24 hour access to the main forums, but this is where your post count idea will have to come in, we can't have them taking over.

I think we've got this covered, anything else to add before i PM admin with the new changes?

Only fair imo.

agree with the sentiment but "the retards" is atad harsh......how about the "uncivilised" ?

I think we should run monthly competitions against each of the 'uncivilised' as to who's the better toon fan. The winner granted 24 hour access to the main forums, but this is where your post count idea will have to come in, we can't have them taking over.

I think we've got this covered, anything else to add before i PM admin with the new changes?

do they have to pay to use this forum ....yet ?

Only fair imo.

do they have to pay to use this forum ....yet ?

Aye its about time these so called fans put their hands in their pockets, nowt in life is free a lesson they need to learn.