Ultras on holiday?

Rocker

Well it would be quite hard to get songs going when 3,000 Man United fans are singing over the top of like 300 Ultras/people near the Ultras. The whole ground just went dead after they scored. I myself was singing with the same bloke for 5minutes before half time constantly, "Toon Toon" and he was replying "Black and white army". Even turned and tried to gee people up, but it had no effect. Too many spectators and not enough supporters in St James' and the women...they look at you as if your a football hooligan or just plain stupid.

The march was a peaceful protest and no-one was hurt or offended. Yet the police were very heavy handed and have threatened to take people to court/arrest them. On Saturday I became very disillusioned about what football now is for the following reasons:

£40 for a replica shirt that costs like 50p to make (if that)

£30 for a ticket - that is like 6 films and upto 18hours, instead you get 90minutes

£3 for a pint of Carling out of a shite plastic glass when the pint is awful/watered down as well

£2 for a bottle of pop which costs 75p normally

£2.20 or something for a pie which would normally cost like 80p

The banner that people made and it took about 18hours to make getting STOLEN by Police

Lads being dragged to the side by their neck and told they were "little cunts like the rest of them" not to mention the fact that the police also threatened that the same people could get imprisoned, fined and/or banned from the ground for our protest - no-one was offended or hurt and nothing was damaged so how wasn't this a peaceful protest?

A few lads threw bottles on the pitch at Ronaldo, yet the Police were nowhere to be seen, for some reason that act sounds more harmful to people than singing "united we're standing, we'll never be seated" and carrying a banner.

On the pitch, Newcastle were shite, as per usual at the moment, yet they get paid more money in a week than what the majority of fans make in a year.

The cheating, diving and mouthing off of the Man United players even though they were twatting us seemed unnecessary, and the ref booked our players for tackles they got away with easily.

In the stands everyone sat on their backsides with faces like a smacked arse, don't get me wrong the performance was hardly worth crediting, but which Newcastle fan went to the ground expecting to win or be entertained by our performance on Saturday? If there is one then they can now be stereotyped as the most optimistic people on the planet.

I have nothing wrong with women at football, I totally agree that everyone is equal yada yada yada, but how come they can stand up and shout (even though it is extremely rare), and get away with it, then if a bloke does they get told to sit down by the stewards. Not to mention the fact the women like mentioned before stare at you like your just a little shit/or an idiot because you shout and support your team.

Just to round my rant off, where were you on Saturday mate? Did you try your hardest to make an atmosphere? If you did then fair enough, but if not stop making stupid sarcy comments about the lads who do go to the games to do everything they can to support their team.

Rant over.

Well it would be quite hard to get songs going when 3,000 Man United fans are singing over the top of like 300 Ultras/people near the Ultras. The whole ground just went dead after they scored. I myself was singing with the same bloke for 5minutes before half time constantly, "Toon Toon" and he was replying "Black and white army". Even turned and tried to gee people up, but it had no effect. Too many spectators and not enough supporters in St James' and the women...they look at you as if your a football hooligan or just plain stupid.

The march was a peaceful protest and no-one was hurt or offended. Yet the police were very heavy handed and have threatened to take people to court/arrest them. On Saturday I became very disillusioned about what football now is for the following reasons:

£30 for a ticket - that is like 6 films and upto 18hours, instead you get 90minutes

£3 for a pint of Carling out of a shite plastic glass when the pint is awful/watered down as well

The banner that people made and it took about 18hours to make getting STOLEN by Police

Lads being dragged to the side by their neck and told they were "little cunts like the rest of them" not to mention the fact that the police also threatened that the same people could get imprisoned, fined and/or banned from the ground for our protest - no-one was offended or hurt and nothing was damaged so how wasn't this a peaceful protest?

A few lads threw bottles on the pitch at Ronaldo, yet the Police were nowhere to be seen, for some reason that act sounds more harmful to people than singing "united we're standing, we'll never be seated" and carrying a banner.

On the pitch, Newcastle were shite, as per usual at the moment, yet they get paid more money in a week than what the majority of fans make in a year.

The cheating, diving and mouthing off of the Man United players even though they were twatting us seemed unnecessary, and the ref booked our players for tackles they got away with easily.

In the stands everyone sat on their backsides with faces like a smacked arse, don't get me wrong the performance was hardly worth crediting, but which Newcastle fan went to the ground expecting to win or be entertained by our performance on Saturday? If there is one then they can now be stereotyped as the most optimistic people on the planet.

I have nothing wrong with women at football, I totally agree that everyone is equal yada yada yada, but how come they can stand up and shout (even though it is extremely rare), and get away with it, then if a bloke does they get told to sit down by the stewards. Not to mention the fact the women like mentioned before stare at you like your just a little shit/or an idiot because you shout and support your team.

Just to round my rant off, where were you on Saturday mate? Did you try your hardest to make an atmosphere? If you did then fair enough, but if not stop making stupid sarcy comments about the lads who do go to the games to do everything they can to support their team.

Rant over.

I sat in my seat in the gallowgate, and aye, I was giving it my best, as per usual. You's are normally louder. Not a sarcy comment at all.

£3 for a pint of Carling out of a s**** plastic glass when the pint is awful/watered down as well

Lads being dragged to the side by their neck and told they were "little c***s like the rest of them" not to mention the fact that the police also threatened that the same people could get imprisoned, fined and/or banned from the ground for our protest - no-one was offended or hurt and nothing was damaged so how wasn't this a peaceful protest?

On the pitch, Newcastle were s****, as per usual at the moment, yet they get paid more money in a week than what the majority of fans make in a year.

I have nothing wrong with women at football, I totally agree that everyone is equal yada yada yada, but how come they can stand up and shout (even though it is extremely rare), and get away with it, then if a bloke does they get told to sit down by the stewards. Not to mention the fact the women like mentioned before stare at you like your just a little s***/or an idiot because you shout and support your team.

Rant over.

I sat in my seat in the gallowgate, and aye, I was giving it my best, as per usual. You's are normally louder. Not a sarcy comment at all.

Apologies, it was just how I interpreted it. Fair play, at least your trying to get the atmosphere going.

£3 for a pint of Carling out of a s**** plastic glass when the pint is awful/watered down as well

Lads being dragged to the side by their neck and told they were "little c***s like the rest of them" not to mention the fact that the police also threatened that the same people could get imprisoned, fined and/or banned from the ground for our protest - no-one was offended or hurt and nothing was damaged so how wasn't this a peaceful protest?

On the pitch, Newcastle were s****, as per usual at the moment, yet they get paid more money in a week than what the majority of fans make in a year.

I have nothing wrong with women at football, I totally agree that everyone is equal yada yada yada, but how come they can stand up and shout (even though it is extremely rare), and get away with it, then if a bloke does they get told to sit down by the stewards. Not to mention the fact the women like mentioned before stare at you like your just a little s***/or an idiot because you shout and support your team.

Rant over.

Were you singing with a lad who was standing on the stairs next to you? Your spot on with everything you say there like.

Rant over.

Were you singing with a lad who was standing on the stairs next to you? Your spot on with everything you say there like.

Middle tier of the leazes. If your looking towards the pitch I was like to the left of the goal. Kept standing, singing then sitting for 5minutes, and cheers.

The gallowgate is awful in fact the whole ground is awful. We can't even get anyone standing for big games apart from the''ultras'' Look at Man United v Arsenal and there was at least 30'000 standing

It's easier to support the two best teams in England though, especially when they're playing each other and one is winning 4-0.

Like others have said, it's a two-way street. It can't be all one or the other.

The gallowgate is awful in fact the whole ground is awful. We can't even get anyone standing for big games apart from the''ultras'' Look at Man United v Arsenal and there was at least 30'000 standing

It's easier to support the two best teams in England though, especially when they're playing each other and one is winning 4-0.

if we were the best team in england we would still have a tench atmosphere and only about 1000 stander, it begs the question how many fans who go onow actually care about an atmosphere. It doesn't seem to be a priority anymore, I am sick of people telling me that a good team breeds an atmosphere. Just look at when SBR got us into the champions league. the atmosphere during most of them home games was dire for what it should be. The only game worth a mention was Juve at home. We have too many people who just don't give too fucks about atmosphere. Whether that is down to the new breed/corporate/oversea fans or maybe it is to do with no standing

if we were the best team in england we would still have a tench atmosphere and only about 1000 stander, it begs the question how many fans who go onow actually care about an atmosphere. It doesn't seem to be a priority anymore, I am sick of people telling me that a good team breeds an atmosphere. Just look at when SBR got us into the champions league. the atmosphere during most of them home games was dire for what it should be. The only game worth a mention was Juve at home. We have too many people who just don't give too fucks about atmosphere. Whether that is down to the new breed/corporate/oversea fans or maybe it is to do with no standing

That's bollocks. If we had the best team in England the atmosphere would be electric.

That's bollocks. If we had the best team in England the atmosphere would be electric.

so why when we were top 4 under SBR the atmosphere was tench and we had no standers on MASSIVE european nights?