So......where is Enrique?

Zero

I was probably being harsh with my average comment, he's technically very good but I don't think he's the type of player that KK will want to have in full-back positions as he's pretty slow and takes too many risks on the ball. He needs to speeden up his thought process, feet and the way he runs for my money.

Doesn't look slow to me, he seems to have decent pace and good acceleration.  If you mean he's not as decisive as he should be then yeah perhaps, but most players moving from Spain take time to adapt to the quicker English game.  Considering he's played so few games I think he looks very good, if he does then adapt fully he could be an excellent player.  BTW, Speeden?  ??? :)

Guest salva

I was probably being harsh with my average comment, he's technically very good but I don't think he's the type of player that KK will want to have in full-back positions as he's pretty slow and takes too many risks on the ball. He needs to speeden up his thought process, feet and the way he runs for my money.

Doesn't look slow to me, he seems to have decent pace and good acceleration.  If you mean he's not as decisive as he should be then yeah perhaps, but most players moving from Spain take time to adapt to the quicker English game.  Considering he's played so few games I think he looks very good, if he does then adapt fully he could be an excellent player.  BTW, Speeden?  ??? :)

I tnihk so, but for me Jose Enrique is quickly than Beye, Faye and Taylor. When we played against Liverpool Fernando Torres no pass Enrique for speed.

I really like the guy. He's average to good most of the time but i think he's got some really decent attributes and, of all the 'potentials' in the squad, i think he's probably the most likely to be a really good player. Well, him and Oba. I don't see anything suggest he can't be a success in the Premier League.

(N'Zogbia really could go one way or the other, in spite of how much i like him as a player).

Hope we hold onto him. Once he's eradicated his distrubition mis-haps, he's defensively sound. If Keegan can develop his attacking game, we'll have a very good full-back imo. Fast, strong, clever. He'll be good. :thup:

He's solid and someone we need to keep hold of.

Would like a young English LB signed in the summer though as backup to him, i don't think we need a direct competitor on him, just someone to settle and grow in the squad while he does the same in the 1st team.

Aye, TT. Or failing that, someone like Dunne or Distin would be spot on. IE, can be our new centre-back signing but can play at left-back aswell.

(They're just names out the hat, btw)

Would like a young English LB signed in the summer though as backup to him, i don't think we need a direct competitor on him, just someone to settle and grow in the squad while he does the same in the 1st team.

Why do they have to be English?

If it has to be English, Ryan Bertrand may be worth a punt. English youth international who by the end of the season will have about 50 first team games under his belt. I think Chelsea may be freeing up the decks below the first team as they have Harry Worley.

I really like the guy. He's average to good most of the time but i think he's got some really decent attributes and, of all the 'potentials' in the squad, i think he's probably the most likely to be a really good player. Well, him and Oba. I don't see anything suggest he can't be a success in the Premier League.

(N'Zogbia really could go one way or the other, in spite of how much i like him as a player).

Hope we hold onto him. Once he's eradicated his distrubition mis-haps, he's defensively sound. If Keegan can develop his attacking game, we'll have a very good full-back imo. Fast, strong, clever. He'll be good. :thup:

:thup:

Why do they have to be English?

If it was English Ryan Bertrand may be worth a punt. English youth international who by the end of the season will have about 50 first team games under his belt. I think Chelsea may be freeing up the decks below the first team as they have Harry Worley.

Because we play in the English Premiership (currently ;) )

I'd like to see some English youth coming into our team.

I like him a lot and he's clearly benefiting from having a run of games. Let's not pore over every time he makes a bad pass or loses the ball and let's not listen to tabloid parasites telling us he's a misfit/unhappy, just let him develop and I think we can end up with a very good left back.

Guest Knightrider
just let him develop and I think we can end up with a very good left back.

Best thing all round if that happens so fingers crossed.

Because we play in the English Premiership (currently ;) )

I'd like to see some English youth coming into our team.

We have Kadar & Tozer who can both play left back coming through. Enrique himself is only 22.

Tozer really is a CB though, can't say i know how well Kadar knows the role, but both are very defensive and only offer slight cover for the 1st team next season.

I like him a lot and he's clearly benefiting from having a run of games. Let's not pore over every time he makes a bad pass or loses the ball

Aye Wullie, we will take your advice on board because he is one your favorites :thup:

I like him a lot and he's clearly benefiting from having a run of games. Let's not pore over every time he makes a bad pass or loses the ball

Aye Wullie, we will take your advice on board because he is one your favorites :thup:

???

I'm trying to work out if that's a dig. :lol:

Me as well, I've got no idea. :lol:

Not nastily :thup:

I just like it how you rip Taylor, yet defend Enrique with a passion. To me both (+ various others) are part of one of the worst defenses in the country. I am aware the midfield protection has/is not there as well. We could debate for hours but I will only belive we are improving defensively once the flow of goals against stop flying in & Fulham was a start.

Yorkie, I do admire your little shit stir there  :thup:

I'm trying to work out if that's a dig. :lol:

Me as well, I've got no idea. :lol:

Not nastily :thup:

I just like it how you rip Taylor, yet defend Enrique with a passion. To me both (+ various others) are part of one of the worst defenses in the country. I am aware the midfield protection has/is not there as well. We could debate for hours but I will only belive we are improving defensively once the flow of goals against stop flying in & Fulham was a start.

Yorkie, I do admire your little shit stir there  :thup:

I'm someone who doesn't rate Taylor at all. But with the way we are setup at the moment the defence is getting a lot more protection I feel from the midfield and as you have quite rightly said this will help out the lads at the back a lot.

Taylor's played over 120 games for Newcastle, nearly 100 in the league alone, Enrique's played, what, 15? And he's come from another country, another culture, another style of football and another language. When Enrique's played that many games and he's still making the same mistakes and not improving, then maybe it'll be a fair comparison.

FWIW I think Taylor's worth his place at the moment and there's a canny list of players I'd like to see out the door before him. :thup: