We Got Keegan

Crumpy Gunt

As though the current difference in the sides has much to do with the manager. :jesuswept:

Which means (like most in the thread) you miss the point being made entirely.

Which is?

I think his point is that when Spurs sacked their manager they got ina world class replacement in Ramos.

When we sacked ours we got in Keegan...

That's more of a description of events than a point.

The point comes from the desscription of events, surley you can figure it for yourself?

As though the current difference in the sides has much to do with the manager. :jesuswept:

Which is?

I think his point is that when Spurs sacked their manager they got ina world class replacement in Ramos.

Maybe, but when Spurs sacked Jol, there wasn't any doubt who was going to replace him.  The board decided that the time for him to go and started lining up the replacement.  What Spurs did wrong was getting caught in Spain by the media.  What Newcastle did wrong was to sack Allardyce and then think about who they could appoint to replace him.  They thought about it, asked Redknapp, Redknapp thought about it, then said no, asked KK, he thought about it, then said yes.  In that time the window was nearing closure and there wasn't enough time to recruit the players that the club desperately needed.

That's where Ashley and Mort went wrong.  Not the sacking of Allardyce but the failure to have someone in place to fill his seat.

Guest MaetihS

Honestly, KK is not one who is going to win us anything but the recent performances are much worse than i expected. Even Derby will not get so humilated by the top teams.....we are so crap that it is so painful to watch. hate to say this but i am missing the Roeder days.....not as much as the Robson days tho of course.

Honestly, KK is not one who is going to win us anything but the recent performances are much worse than i expected. Even Derby will not get so humilated by the top teams.....we are so crap that it is so painful to watch. hate to say this but i am missing the Roeder days.....not as much as the Robson days tho of course.

You miss the Roeder days, class.   bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Some of the performances haven't been bad in patches, but it's stringing it together for a full 90 mins that seesm to be a problem. Arsenal 1st half in the fa cup was really good to watch and a breath of fresh air after some of the football we'd endured.

I think the problem is is KK is trying to set the team up to have a go.

This makes for a more open game when both sides are attacking and does leave space for the opposition when we lose the ball. Its a sea change for our players who have spent all pre-season and half of this season palying to one system and then are expected to suddenly become as adept in another style against teams who have pretty much played the same way since the start of the season.

Derby and a lot of other teams try and keep it tight and score on the break, makes for a tighter game but less adventurous which is what KK was brought in for.

I say give him time to draft quality creative players in that will be more comfortable playing attacking football, a good pre-season to improve their fitness, get a settled back 4 and a solid shape about the team and get them used to playing how he wants them to, then we'll see better performances and a few of the players who look so god-awful now will look a hell of a lot better (there is still no hope for some though).

Which is?

Maybe, but when Spurs sacked Jol, there wasn't any doubt who was going to replace him.  The board decided that the time for him to go and started lining up the replacement.  What Spurs did wrong was getting caught in Spain by the media.  What Newcastle did wrong was to sack Allardyce and then think about who they could appoint to replace him.  They thought about it, asked Redknapp, Redknapp thought about it, then said no, asked KK, he thought about it, then said yes.  In that time the window was nearing closure and there wasn't enough time to recruit the players that the club desperately needed.

That's where Ashley and Mort went wrong.  Not the sacking of Allardyce but the failure to have someone in place to fill his seat.

Indeed.

If you sack a manager you need to do it at the right time and you must have someone who is obviously better lined up. Our previous board failed that test at least once and, in my opinion, the new board has made exactly the same mistake. Maybe they did it because they hadn't studied the clubs recent history to see why we went from being a top4/5 club to lower mid table - or maybe they had but just thought they knew better.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Can someone remind me what happened last time we replaced Keegan with a world class manager.  I forgot.

Yes - we finished 2nd.

already been done phil,it was also pointed out that he done it with keegans team and thinks werent quite so good the next season (mind i'm record as sayiing we got shot of dalglish too early)

Dalglish should have been sacked immediately after the Cup Final, the boring negative cunt. He was no better than Souness and Fat Sam. He was even shit-scared of Stevenage FFS.

Can't believe it's even being mentioned.

Give the man time. He'll come up trumps I'm sure of it.

I can't really blame any of the results on him at the minute. It's just our team isn't good enough.... end of story.

With Allardyce, you could blame most of our defeats on him because of blatant mistakes with team selections, use of subs, tactics etc.

Just ride it out, and get a hold of yourselves.

Disneyland  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

I can't really blame any of the results on him at the minute. It's just our team isn't good enough.... end of story.

With Allardyce, you could blame most of our defeats on him because of blatant mistakes with team selections, use of subs, tactics etc.

Fuck me, a Carling Cup and they all crawl out the woodwork. Boro-tastic.

Fuck me, a Carling Cup and they all crawl out the woodwork. Boro-tastic.

:lol:

f*** me, a Carling Cup and they all crawl out the woodwork. Boro-tastic.

Didn't they get to a UEFA Cup final as well? Well, they didn't WIN it....

Dunno, I was at home watching The Bill.

I understand, not in your nature to watch any match when an actual TROPHY is at stake

I understand, not in your nature to watch any match when an actual TROPHY is at stake

I bet you were unbearable at school for non Spurs fans today like.

Teacher gave me a gold star for restraint actually. Couldn't get it on for all the badges from the 3 FA Cups, UEFA Cup and other League Cup trophies I've seen us lift, during which time you won the 2nd Division. Nice playing with you sweetie  :morph:

Teacher gave me a gold star for restraint actually. Couldn't get it on for all the badges from the 3 FA Cups, UEFA Cup and other League Cup trophies I've seen us lift, during which time you won the 2nd Division. Nice playing with you sweetie  :morph:

Sorry lad, I just thought someone who would sign up to a messageboard of a club that has nothing to do with them just to gloat about winning the Carling cup would have to be 16 or under, I never thought that someone over 25 would be that pushed for entertainment.

Sorry lad, I just thought someone who would sign up to a messageboard of a club that has nothing to do with them just to gloat about winning the Carling cup would have to be 16 or under, I never thought that someone over 25 would be that pushed for entertainment.

I am truly desperate for entertainment. Been watching Didier Zokora for 2 years.

Can someone remind me what happened last time we replaced Keegan with a world class manager.  I forgot.

Yes - we finished 2nd.

And got us to a Cup Final...As for Dalglish, he should never been sacked when he was. Sacked after a 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge after he'd just laid the foundations for a very good side (Given, Hamann, Solano, Dabizas, Speed). Sure, he bought a lot of dross, although that was mainly down to the fact he had to sign players just to set up a reserve side again (Serrant, Pinas, Gudjonsson, Brady, Robinson, Coppinger, etc).

Aye I fully agree.

4 of the players he signed 10 odd years ago still play top flight football. I always reckoned he would've improved us if we gave him another season or 2.

His teams were awful to watch by the end. Stunted with fear and lack of flair. Him and John Barnes went on to do a shit job at Celtic after leaving us IIRC.

I strongly respect reasonable opposition posters like brummie, Dr. Spectrum, Martin Jol (most of the time)

but like I've said, there's absolutely no reason for us to allow certain fans of other clubs who come here for no reason other than to talk shit to stick around.

I strongly respect reasonable opposition posters like brummie, Dr. Spectrum, Martin Jol (most of the time)

but like I've said, there's absolutely no reason for us to allow certain fans of other clubs who come here for no reason other than to talk s*** to stick around.

weeelll....i don't know. now and again we've had floods the dutch (breda) were very canny,the turks (fener...crushed dog shit)were worth it for the giggle....who are you protesting against ?

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I am truly desperate for entertainment. Been watching Didier Zokora for 2 years.

K MATE.

but like I've said, there's absolutely no reason for us to allow certain fans of other clubs who come here for no reason other than to talk s*** to stick around.

weeelll....i don't know. now and again we've had floods the dutch (breda) were very canny,the turks (fener...crushed dog s***)were worth it for the giggle....who are you protesting against ?

The spurs fan who just turned the last few posts into a pyramid-fest?

Something that does wind me up btw is that it's seemingly impossible to criticise Keegan without tons of people thinking you want him out, right now. It's bollocks.

He's made some decisions so far that have backfired badly. I'm still behind him. Does that compute?

:hal:

Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?