We need to spend £ 150 million..............

Rob W

50m would get us on a par with Everton and Pompey IMO.

£25m could.

But £50m might not.

It depends how wisely that money is spent. Newcastle more than anyone should know that spending big doesn't necessarily mean you will improve.

Exactly. Doesn't stop people thinking it's the be all and end all though.

Lets spend nothing then, see how far that gets us.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I said.

Straight out the 'NE5 book of straw-man building'.

So what will turn this club around? Positive thinking?  mackems.gif

I reckon the players we have are worth at least 5 positions when properly managed and full of belief.

I also reckon it's imperative to get that right before buying anyone.  The first and each subsequent buy would be dragged into the torpor, rather than pulling an entire squad out of it.

5 positions don't win you fuking matches.

Fuke me is everyone totally fuking thick around here?

5 players make a team?

Shut the fuk up man.

WE NEED TO BUY

And thats the most important thing, 80% of our problems next summer.

Fuk me....

Not sure if this is actual irony or broader comedy.

League positions fuckwit.

And 5 players in a team game which requires 11 is going to get you that you muppet?

Am I on candid camera?

???

We're 13th.  I think we have a squad capable of finishing 8th.

FIVE FUCKING LEAGUE POSITIONS HIGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the nurses not putting people to bed at your place yet?

So if we don't spend then eh?

Where the fuk do you see us next season?

Come on then, if spending doesn't stop people thinking it's the be all and end all though.

I'm sorry but I can't believe someone is this stupid.

NOBODY

SAID

WE

DON'T

NEED

TO

SIGN

ANY

NEW

PLAYERS

Here's a link for what it's worth, although I'm sure you think I edited that. http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50385.msg1218552#msg1218552

Pulling up random links rather than:

Which means you are mocking those who think we need to buy.

Back track as much as you want right now.

:lol:

How the fuck am I backtracking? Where's the link to me saying I think we should spend NOTHING?

So it was just a throw away high and mighty comment with those who have a different opinion then?

HE MEANT THAT SPENDING BIG ISNT HE BE ALL AND END ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck me.

its a combination of things, spending big is all well and good, but its only one of the ingredients for success.

Remind me how well it worked.

At times it was the pinncale of my being a fan of the club. Of couse in hindsight we have looked/are the biggest wasters of cash ever as I am sure list of big buys that went wrong would prove. In the end they left us with a club that was 13th in the Premier League, that is an improvement from where they started from when they bought the club.

Here's a link for what it's worth, although I'm sure you think I edited that. http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50385.msg1218552#msg1218552

How the fuck am I backtracking? Where's the link to me saying I think we should spend NOTHING?

So it was just a throw away high and mighty comment with those who have a different opinion then?

I'm really stuck as to what your point is here. I said that I agree with 1878 that spending big is all well and good (when you can afford it), but the key is making GOOD signings that improve the team. We spent loads of money under the previous regime and it didn't seem to help us one bit, did it? Was Luque a good signing? Owen? They cost a shitload.

Based on our record of big money buys, I'm suprised anyone wants to persist with the approach.

Don't expect different results if you continue to do the same thing!!

don't bother trying to go down the proven successful method then, buy average players instead and go down  :clap:

Can't wait until 6 years time and these 17 year old kids are all going to be the next Gazza, guaranteed

£85M spent in 3 years = zero success

As I've said, we need to spend well, not necessarily big.

spend well ? Of course you do, everybody thinks they are spending well otherwise they wouldn't spend. Plenty of people said openly that we spent well when we bought Boumsong and Luque. So why blame the fat b****** when they turned out to be s**** ?

Plenty of people also said we sold well when we peddled Robert and Bellamy for 4m quid.

You need to buy big to be successful though.

Its extremely rare for a club to bring through a nucleus of young players who all become top quality together, the only ones I can think of is the manure set ie Neville, Beckham, Scholes etc.........the Leeds team of the 70's, and the Everton team of the early to mid 80's, and even then they still bought big players, proven internationals

There are lots more who buy quality/trophy players, having a cheque book is part of football, I don't understand people who don't think we should try and capatilise on our fanbase.

just out of curiosity NE5 how much debt do you reckon it is safe to rack up in this glory chase ?

oh, I don't think manure, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea will be worried too much about their accumulated debts

As TT has just said, lets spend nothing [stop speculating] and see how far that gets us.

Remind me how well it worked.

At times it was the pinncale of my being a fan of the club. Of couse in hindsight we have looked/are the biggest wasters of cash ever as I am sure list of big buys that went wrong would prove. In the end they left us with a club that was 13th in the Premier League, that is an improvement from where they started from when they bought the club.

Fair comment.

HE MEANT THAT SPENDING BIG ISNT HE BE ALL AND END ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck me.

its a combination of things, spending big is all well and good, but its only one of the ingredients for success.

NOT SURE WHERE ANYONE SAID IT WAS THE ONLY IN INGREDIENT!!!!! [Justwannajoinin.com/]

Got to love it when you click post & the words 15 new new replies have been posted, either I am slow as fuck at typing or keyboards are gannin ballistic in other peoples gaffs.

Alter your board settings to get rid of that shitty function. I can do it for you if you can't find it.

I'm really stuck as to what your point is here. I said that I agree with 1878 that spending big is all well and good (when you can afford it), but the key is making GOOD signings that improve the team. We spent loads of money under the previous regime and it didn't seem to help us one bit, did it? Was Luque a good signing? Owen? They cost a shitload.

I've just put that through the Toon's Taylor option on babel fish and it came back as...

"We don't need to sign anyone"

Ah. I thought you meant we didn't need to spend big and those who did think that were to be criticised.

Sorry like.

But were not going to be able to spend well this summer, were going to have to spend massive just to be average.

You're making things up and attributing them to me. What else would I do?

I asked you a question, answer it or hide, guess you are doing the latter.  :rolleyes:

No amount of edits are going to make you right on this one.

We need to spend money, if we don't were fuked...if you agree with that then your comments:

"Exactly. Doesn't stop people thinking it's the be all and end all though."

Are totally fuking worthless mate.

Please point out where I said that we should spend nothing. I'll be excited to see the link, because I can't for the life of me remember where I said that.

Whats:

Suppose to mean then? Just a passive pointless comment NOT to be picked up upon?

If your comments are THAT throwaway then why bother?

My comment was a dig at the people who seem to think that as long as we spend a load of money, things will take care of themselves.

We've been spending loads of money for years under the previous board, as NE5 and others love to keep telling everyone. Remind me how well it worked.

Still waiting for the link where I said we should spend nothing btw.

europe and the Champions League more than everybody but 4 teams ?

2 FA Cup Finals ?

A 52,000 stadium filled almost every game ?