Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

According to the Journal, Viduka and Martins are expected to be fit for this one. If we are going to win that has to be the case. If they aren't I would rather go with a 5 man midfield than start Smith.

I'd go with this team if available

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Geremi N'Zogbia Duff

Viduka Martins

No 'keeper? ;) Not a bad side but I can't see them two starting up front.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

Me too, though perhaps with Faye in midfield. Saying that, I don't trust Taylor at the back and I don't think KK will drop Captain Fantastic Owen or Butt. Really REALLY hope that Smith will be benched

Guest Micktoon

Comig over for from DK for this, probably be the last one I come over for this season. So a win is inevitable.................... i hope.

Well if Smith and Butt start this game, i'm going out!

Would like to try

Harper

Carr  Beye Faye  Enrique

Geremi

Milner  Duff      Zoggy

Martins  Owen

Think we'd be more solid and Carr's not done too bad at right back teh last few games.

Guest toonlass

I would go for

Harper

Beye          Cacapa        Faye      Enrique

Milner          Emre          Zoggy       Duff

Viduka     Owen

Subs

Carroll

Forster

Edgar

Smith

Barton

3-2 to us

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

oops...obviously Harper in goal. I don't think Keegans' side will look anything like this tbh. Owen will be playing for a start. It's a tricky decision re Owen but Viduka offers goals and decent hold up play and Martins compliments with his pace and also a goal threat. Viduka and Owen would be too static for me.

Guest toonlass

Keegan will not drop Owen though, cos he is captain, its not good karma to leave the captain on the bench cos they get the lip on.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

oops...obviously Harper in goal. I don't think Keegans' side will look anything like this tbh. Owen will be playing for a start. It's a tricky decision re Owen but Viduka offers goals and decent hold up play and Martins compliments with his pace and also a goal threat. Viduka and Owen would be too static for me.

Yeah, I wasn't having a pop at your choice or anything, just saying I don't think KK will pick that side. Smith and Owen upfront with Martins on the bench is my guess.

Keegan will not drop Owen though, cos he is captain, its not good karma to leave the captain on the bench cos they get the lip on.

I know, I'm just picking the forward line up which would IMO gel best. We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes WRT Viduka. KK might well opt for Martins/Owen which would be interesting but means no target man.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

Yeah, I wasn't having a pop at your choice or anything, just saying I don't think KK will pick that side. Smith and Owen upfront with Martins on the bench is my guess.

Smith and Owen isn't working, it's pointless to keep plugging away with it.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

If I see Alan Smith starting again this weekend I will cry.  Our front line is so predictable and toothless.  We need something to spice things up a bit.  I'd love to see Martins and Viduka start up front because its our best chance of scoring with our ineffective midfield not creating anything. 

Won't happen though Smith and Owen will start and we'll lose 2-0 provided Taylor is dropped and Enrique starts otherwise it'll be 5-0.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

I agree. I only think that it might be the case with Martins just returning and I get the feeling there might have been some fall out with Viduka.

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Viduka Martins

I agree. I only think that it might be the case with Martins just returning and I get the feeling there might have been some fall out with Viduka.

It does look like it, but then you hear reports he should be fit so unless we know for certain Keegan's not going to be picking him, might as well pick what we think would be the best front pair. Martins has been training for about a week, it's a crucial game at home - can we afford to start with Smith in this one? If Keegan was prepared to risk a half-fit Given you'd think he wouldn't be afraid to pitch in Martins. But you're probably right.

I'd like to see:

Harper

Beye Taylor Faye Enrique

Milner Barton N'Zogbia Duff

Owen Martins

I know people will say there's no height in the front line, but Beardsley / Cole was a pretty short front line and boy did it work!

I'm not saying that lineup is perfect in any way or comparable to Beardsley / Cole up front,  but I think that pace going forward would scare the shit out of most teams. And that's something we don't do at the moment - Scare teams.

We need to put a team out that does not include butt or smith, best performance in months was a team without those two, Stoke in the cup, not great oposition but they were a in form side and we played with 10men..

If Emre is out (i would have played him instead of Barton) i'd go:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Edgar   Enrique

Milner    Faye   Barton   Zoggy 

Duff

Martins 

Subs Harper, Geremi, Lua Lua, Owen, Ameobi/Carrol

Duff linking the midfield and attack, feeding Martins and getting forward to have a crack himself. Zoggy and Milner giving us width and supplying crosses and hopefully creating oppourtunities for others and themselves. Barton getting forward as and when possible. Faye holding us together in the middle breaking up attacks and getting forward for our set plays. Beye and Enrique getting forward as and when possible. Edgar and Taylor need to strike up a partnership, hopefully with Faye in front of them they won't get too exposed (like we did with Man u). We need another Faye type player for defence!! But he's probably going to be more effective in CM imo

Geremi can cover various positions both in defence and midfield. Lua Lua could provide some pace if needs be. Ameobi and Carroll some height if all else fails. Owen to come on if Martins is having a shitter.

However i fully expect KK will play some or all of Smith, Butt, Cacapa and Viduka. Who all are poor and offer nothing creatively imo. As he probably won't want to upset them.