Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

If I see any of Smith, Butt or Barton in starting line-up I'm not watching, simple as.

seconded! I'd like to see Taylor benched for this one as well. With those four removed we should stand a reasonable chance

My pick:

............................Harper

Beye.......Cacapa...........Faye........Enrique

Milner.....Geremi...........Emre........N'Zogbia

..............Owen.............Martins

In my humble opinion one of the most important games in our recent history. Win and I fancy us to stay up, lose we're in even bigger trouble.

Howay the lads!

Aye, massive match. It's so important we get behind the lads. Leave all the slagging off of players to here, the pub etc.

This is our Thermopylae.

Love it, haway the lads!  :clap2:

Umm... let's not forget that the Greeks lost that one in the end.

I can't see Keegan making any changes from last week.

Aye, but they sacrificed their lives, so at least we'll get rid of Smith, Butt and Carr.

This is our Thermopylae.

Aye, but they sacrificied their lives, so at least we'll get rid of Smith, Butt and Carr.

Can't we sacrifice the other lot's lives, for a change?

This is our Thermopylae.

Need to read your history again mate, they "Lost" at Thermopylae but drew a line in the sand to the Persians, they were not to be conquered.  They also won a couple of crucial naval battles that day which barely gets a metion, lead by the Athenians.

Thermopylae was a moral victory.

This is our Thermopylae.

Need to read your history again mate, they "Lost" at Thermopylae but drew a line in the sand to the Persians, they were not to be conquered.  They also won a couple of crucial naval battles that day which barely gets a metion, lead by the Athenians.

I don't think our lot have been drawing any lines in the sand lately. Raising the white flag at every given opportunity more like it.

This is our Thermopylae.

Need to read your history again mate, they "Lost" at Thermopylae but drew a line in the sand to the Persians, they were not to be conquered.   They also won a couple of crucial naval battles that day which barely gets a metion, lead by the Athenians.

Sod a moral victory. You don't get three points for that.

This is our Thermopylae.

Need to read your history again mate, they "Lost" at Thermopylae but drew a line in the sand to the Persians, they were not to be conquered.   They also won a couple of crucial naval battles that day which barely gets a metion, lead by the Athenians.

Sod a moral victory. You don't get three points for that.

No you dont but a fcking good preformance would go a long long way to easing some of the fans worries and being able to build from there.

A lucky win would do like. Even a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

A draw would be ok if the other teams fail to win. We have games coming up against fellow mud kickers soon, they are crucial.

This is the worst countdown I have ever experienced!

Against an in form team a draw wouldn't be a disaster, considering how few points we are picking up. A win would more or less mean safety, but we won't stop them scoring and we'll be lucky to get anywhere near their penalty area let alone score the way we have been playing.

Against an in form team a draw wouldn't be a disaster, considering how few points we are picking up. A win would more or less mean safety, but we won't stop them scoring and we'll be lucky to get anywhere near their penalty area let alone score the way we have been playing.

I really hate saying this but we need a luck break