Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Very Drogbaish goals from the sound of things, so the next Drogba hype will no doubt go into overdrive now, attracting all kinds of interest.

Yup, we're screwed.

Haven't St Etienne already told us we've got no chance though?

No quit asking.

What part of the forum rules regarding copyright infringement do you not understand?

Very Drogbaish goals from the sound of things, so the next Drogba hype will no doubt go into overdrive now, attracting all kinds of interest.

Yup, we're screwed.

Just seen the goals.

To repeat were not going to get anywhere near him.

Now, if we miss out on this guy I'll be fine with it, just about. Life goes on etc.

But I swear if we sign Peter Crouch instead for the stupid prices being bandied about I will lose it.

Yup, we're screwed.

Just seen the goals.

To repeat were not going to get anywhere near him.

:lol:

Shit. This is really frustrating.

Now, if we miss out on this guy I'll be fine with it, just about. Life goes on etc.

But I swear if we sign Peter Crouch instead for the stupid prices being bandied about I will lose it.

IMO we'd be very lucky to get Crouch the state were in. There are much more attractive offers out there for Crouch if Liverpool were to sell.

We won't pay daft money for him, this board won't be paying daft money for anyone i reckon.

Fantastic goals, did the first one take a deflection btw? Looked like it at first but wasn't sure when I saw it at another angle.

Thought the same in real time (looked like it looped up and over the keeper) but as you say, on the replays I don't think it did.

We are the worst team in the world, we couldn't even sign a Championship player because even those teams are more attractive..  :rolleyes:

We'd obviously have a chance (provided the top four don't come sniffing), but these goals tonight won't help us. If nothing else, they'll add a few million onto the asking price.

Has he been named in France's Euro 2008 squad?

Wow ... just seen the goals now.

Absolutely depressing. The man looks like a freakin beast of a player. Powerhouse striker. You can certainly see the Drogba comparisons. And to think he is only 22! God his potential could be frightening.

Like Baggio said good spot by our guys anyway. Ah well.

We are the worst team in the world, we couldn't even sign a Championship player because even those teams are more attractive..  :rolleyes:

We'd obviously have a chance (provided the top four don't come sniffing), but these goals tonight won't help us. If nothing else, they'll add a few million onto the asking price.

Likely he will be after that debut (added to the squad that is). At the very least he would be a heck of a player to bring off the bench if they are chasing the game.

I don't think they have any other striker like him at the moment who is big and strong. The closest thing is probably Trezeguet and he's been left out completely.

Likely he will be after that debut (added to the squad that is). At the very least he would be a heck of a player to bring off the bench if they are chasing the game.

I don't think they have any other striker like him at the moment who is big and strong. The closest thing is probably Trezeguet and he's been left out completely.

Doesn't look anything like Trezeguet to me.

Ah, so tonight was his debut for the national team and he's been named in their Euro 2008 squad ahead of Trezeguet.

Hmm. :(

He was named in the provisional squad or whatever they call it, I thought he'd of been one of the players to get cut but I can't see it after tonight.

Like has been said, if we're going to scout players then we have to follow up on that while its useful.  Tonight every club saw a flash of the kind of player Gomis is, and after Euro 2008 every team will have caught up on all the scouting we did on him without leaving there front rooms.  Its no good scouting if we're not going to act on it quickly enough.  Of course this is all assuming Gomis is a big target of ours in the first place.

Doesn't look anything like Trezeguet to me.

I meant stature wise the only other French striker who even comes close is Trezeguet.

As Trezeguet has been left out of the squad completely, it is likely Gomis will be named in the final squad now as he is so different to the other French strikers i.e. more of a target manish sort.

Comprende?