So why is it....

ShearMagic

That everyone on here can pick a better starting line-up than our managers?

Is it just that we're totally clueless, and the managers know more than us.

Or is it just that our managers are totally clueless, and continue to reward mediocrity?

Or is it just that our managers are totally clueless, and continue to reward mediocrity?

Guest LucaAltieri

Even amongst ourselves we wouldn't be able to decide our best 11. It's no surprise that Keegan's opinion is different from the majority of other peoples' on here or anywhere else.

Even amongst ourselves we wouldn't be able to decide our best 11. It's no surprise that Keegan's opinion is different from the majority of other peoples' on here or anywhere else.

That's true.

But surely he can see how hopeless some of our players are.

I wouldn't be continuing with the same side that keeps getting flogged every week, that's for sure.

I'd be looking to make some changes.

Guest LucaAltieri

That's true.

I wouldn't be continuing with the same side that keeps getting flogged every week, that's for sure.

I can only imagine he wants a settled side. He's picked who he's going to play and wants to stick with it. Chopping and changing every week won't help us much either. What happens when Martins/N'Zogbia/Emre/whoever has a nightmare one week? You've just got to pick your best side and stick it out as much as possible.

Look at Liverpool... how many points have they dropped due to Rafa's rotation policy?

That's true.

I can only imagine he wants a settled side. He's picked who he's going to play and wants to stick with it. Chopping and changing every week won't help us much either. What happens when Martins/N'Zogbia/Emre/whoever has a nightmare one week? You've just got to pick your best side and stick it out as much as possible.

Look at Liverpool... how many points have they dropped due to Rafa's rotation policy?

You again make another good point, but Smith, Barton and Butt in our best side?

How many people are with Keegan on that one?

The rotation policy drops points because he's replacing players that actually perform on the field. We've been playing 11v9 since December and don't seem to understand that it will never work.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I think another question associated with this is: If we can pull ourselves up enough to be completely safe from relegation, does KK change the lineup then to start putting things together for next year?  He fucking better.  I can't watch any more of this Butt/Smith shitefest.

Guest LucaAltieri

The rotation policy drops points because he's replacing players that actually perform on the field. We've been playing 11v9 since December and don't seem to understand that it will never work.

That's true.

You again make another good point, but Smith, Barton and Butt in our best side?

How many people are with Keegan on that one?

I agree with the both of you... I just happen to think that that's the logic behind playing them.

Guest Stephen927

All I can say is that Butt and Smith must make a huge impression on Keegan in training.

Oh they put the effort in. Ability means nothing as long as you put a lot of effort in.

Areet Mr Allardyce?  :lol:

I haven't seen a starting line-up that I would pick in the last 3 years I've supported Newcastle...

Roeder picked a couple.  Mind you, that was when everyone was injured and the team picked itself.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Keegan is picking the same shite Allardyce picked, yet receives a tiny proportion of the criticism.

Guest LucaAltieri

Keegan is picking the same shite Allardyce picked, yet receives a tiny proportion of the criticism.

You're right. We were far too hard on Allardyce.

He didn't buy them though did he?

Plus... judging by the reports I have heard today, getting them to play better and getting them to create more chances.

Plus... judging by the reports I have heard today, getting them to play better and getting them to create more chances.

We tore Blackburn to fucking shreds today. As I said in the pub afterwards, biggest footballing robbery since 1-4 against Fulham when Crossley looked like Schmeichel on acid.

We tore Blackburn to fucking shreds today. As I said in the pub afterwards, biggest footballing robbery since 1-4 against Fulham when Crossley looked like Schmeichel on acid.

I wasnt there today but I was at that Fulham game... thats given me a good idea of what it was like