Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

Guest LucaAltieri

Well, I've maintained both Smith and Owen are not good enough for us (anymore) for a good while now.. With Owen my main criticism has been the fact that he creates nothing himself and needs chances put on a plate. If he stops putting such chances away effectively costing us the match he deserves some stick don't you think?

He does... but a bad game doesn't make him "shit" and to be replaced by Carroll, Viduka, or Shola...

Martins should be playing, not going to argue with that... and when he's fit he probably will be.

I can't understand how the f*** Smith gets to play every f****** game. He must be f****** great at sucking cock or something. If he isn't dropped the next game, I will kill myself.

Death by drug overdose, falling off a tall building, driving a car off a cliff or gunshot wound through the back of the mouth? Because he isn't going to be dropped.

Guest justin99.

I'd swear that from reading most of the comments on this forum, the posters were mackems in disguise

Well, I've maintained both Smith and Owen are not good enough for us (anymore) for a good while now.. With Owen my main criticism has been the fact that he creates nothing himself and needs chances put on a plate. If he stops putting such chances away effectively costing us the match he deserves some stick don't you think?

He does... but a bad game doesn't make him "s***" and to be replaced by Carroll, Viduka, or Shola...

Martins should be playing, not going to argue with that... and when he's fit he probably will be.

You see "one bad game", I see over two and a half season of dissapointment.. I think given what we paid for him and his wages labelling the return of investment we got as shit is an understatement if anything..

I can't understand how the f*** Smith gets to play every f****** game. He must be f****** great at sucking cock or something. If he isn't dropped the next game, I will kill myself.

Death by drug overdose, falling off a high building, driving a car off a cliff or gunshot wound through the back of the mouth? Because he isn't going to be dropped.

I think I'd prefer to drown in the Tyne or something. Of course blaming Smih, so that he would maybe get a bit sorry and injure himself for me.

Guest Milburnthedog

We were the better team, made most chances and should have won. Thats a big positive. Yes we lost but we were the best team out there. We now have very winnable home games and I'm sure we will.

Kneejerks should sod off. No time for weakness.

For what its worth, I thought the support was good today. Lets continue that, the lads need it.

Guest Goalfather

If I was Martins, I would be putting my tranfer request in at the end of the season. He has been treated with contempt by all the coaches this season. There is very little difference in finishing ability btw  Martins and Owen and Martins is faster is better on the ball and I am sure has a better goals per minute ratio for Newcastle than Owen.

Christ almighty. This is his FIRST possible appearance under Keegan and he's returning from injury - can you honestly blame KK for benching him?

By giving Owen the armband, he is basically telling Martins that he is the 2nd choice striker, because no self respecting coach is going to pair 2 strikers who are so small, particularly with such a physically small and pedestrian midfield as ours

Guest LucaAltieri

He does... but a bad game doesn't make him "s***" and to be replaced by Carroll, Viduka, or Shola...

You see "one bad game", I see over two and a half season of dissapointment.. I think given what we paid for him and his wages labelling the return of investment we got as shit is an understatement if anything..

Without a doubt. However I'm not going to hold injuries against him as there's not much he could have done about it. Now he's proving his fitness and propping up with the odd goal. We just have to see what we get between now and the end of the season. Safe to say so far (since he's been fit) we've had a mixed bag. In my view he's not a total write-off just yet.

You see "one bad game", I see over two and a half season of dissapointment.. I think given what we paid for him and his wages labelling the return of investment we got as s*** is an understatement if anything..

Without a doubt. However I'm not going to hold injuries against him as there's not much he could have done about it. Now he's proving his fitness and propping up with the odd goal. We just have to see what we get between now and the end of the season. Safe to say so far (since he's been fit) we've had a mixed bag. In my view he's not a total write-off just yet.

Fair enough.. As I said, for our sakes I hope you are right and I am wrong..

Guest LucaAltieri

Owen on 5 Live taking the blame.

whats he said?

Gist of it:

We played well. He should have scored. If we keep playing like that we've got the players to score the goals and we'll pick up wins.

Owen on 5 Live taking the blame.

whats he said?

Gist of it:

We played well. He should have scored. If we keep playing like that we've got the players to score the goals and we'll pick up wins.

Well i'm convinced

One way or another I just want this season to end..... to think we started the season with such optimism, went all downhill from the pompey game...we never quite recovered after that

Just got on the train so don't know what's been said but that was daylight robbery. I hope that Hughes admits as much. Owen should be shot for his finishing today. And I can't believe that I've finally seen Smith play well. There was only one player who didn't play well today IMO and that was Barton who looks skilful but like he's running in treacle. He did put Own through with one fabulous ball.

Can't believe we lost that game, we really didn't deserve to. The support today was excellent and deserved for the most part. Gutted.

One way or another I just want this season to end..... to think we started the season with such optimism, went all downhill from the pompey game...we never quite recovered after that

Wrong, it went wrong at Derby, that's when Allardyce started messing with the team and going away to try to stop the opposition instead of trying to take them on and win games.  The players were not able to keep trying to play two different kind of games from one week to the next.

Guest wuthering ballsack

How did Martins look btw when he came on?

About 5 ft 5, short hair, thin.

Guest Erich von Manstein

You can't knock the support. The fans have been excellent from start to finish. So fucking down now.

Are you taking the piss? The fans have been a complete set of fickle bastards all season. Truly awful 'support' on our behalf.