Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

Guest LucaAltieri

You can't knock the support. The fans have been excellent from start to finish. So fucking down now.

Are you taking the piss? The fans have been a complete set of fickle bastards all season. Truly awful 'support' on our behalf.

Was probably refering to today's game specifically.

Are you taking the piss? The fans have been a complete set of fickle bastards all season. Truly awful 'support' on our behalf.

The support wasn't on your behalf, you were on here.   :lol:

Guest Erich von Manstein

You can't knock the support. The fans have been excellent from start to finish. So fucking down now.

Booing could be heard at half-time and full-time

Guest Erich von Manstein

The support wasn't on your behalf, you were on here.   :lol:

During the game? where? I was there, haven't missed a home game since 2005.

You can't knock the support. The fans have been excellent from start to finish. So f****** down now.

Booing could be heard at half-time and full-time

Where I sit back middle Gallowgate applause at half time & the end. The people at very end were not going to boo, the people who boo fucked off when the goal went in.

Blackburn were absolutely shite and we were BY FAR the better side. I enjoyed the football we played but if you dont score you dont win.

Harper- 8

Beye- 7

Taylor- 5

Faye- 7

Enrique- 8

Milner- 7

Barton- 5

Butt- 6

Duff- 7

Owen- 7

Smith- 7

Enrique was my MOM, he was fantastic.

Keegans post match interview is on BBC online for viewing.

Not sure if I agree with his line of "no weak link in the team today" though.

He probably agrees with you, but doesn't want to knock anyone's confidence when he's got nobody to replace them with.

Guest wuthering ballsack

The weak link once again was Steven Taylor

The weak link once again was Steven Taylor

Taylor need dropping.

I still think he's got a great future here, but right now his inexperience and rashness is something we cannot rely on in these tough times.

One way or another I just want this season to end..... to think we started the season with such optimism, went all downhill from the pompey game...we never quite recovered after that

Wrong, it went wrong at Derby, that's when Allardyce started messing with the team and going away to try to stop the opposition instead of trying to take them on and win games.  The players were not able to keep trying to play two different kind of games from one week to the next.

Fair point...can't argue with that

I know we should have won, but anyone see Enriques kamikaze diving header at the start of the second half that almost gifted them a pen.  ???

Aside from the result, we played well, a combination of poor finishing and a on form Friedel denied us.

Anyone hear Owen sniggering cos "he was the main culprit of missed chances today", well we aint fuckin laughing mate.

If you can interpret that as  Owen sniggering & having chuckle about it all, then a career in Fleet Street awaits you.

At least Michael "What a great finisher" Owen has the guts to come out say he missed three sitters. No surprise to see Duff not come out and do the same.

If Martins and Charlie play today, we win at a canter. Owen's legs have gone and Duff's a gutless disgrace who should never play for us again - but then he should never have played for us in the first place.

I could possibly be up for an award for how much i hate Owen but fair play to him coming out and having the balls for saying he's missed most of the chances, and he took the blame for it, not trying to poass the buck or hide away.

Seriously, well done to him, lets hope he's ready to play his part and stop being a passenger. Whatever he had planned in his career it simply hasn't happened, and he'll never get to his Liverpool days if he doesn't step up, he more than anyone needs to step up and be counted. For once i think he might actually want too.

Fingers crossed.

At least Michael "What a great finisher" Owen has the guts to come out say he missed three sitters. No surprise to see Duff not come out and do the same.

If Martins and Charlie play today, we win at a canter. Owen's legs have gone and Duff's a gutless disgrace who should never play for us again - but then he should never have played for us in the first place.

Totally agree on the point made about Duff: still baffles me why he is in the team: I don't know what kind of game he had today, but whenever I've seen him this season he hasn't set the place alight: he dithers on the ball too long and slows our attacks down as a result: