Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

At least Michael "What a great finisher" Owen has the guts to come out say he missed three sitters. No surprise to see Duff not come out and do the same.

If Martins and Charlie play today, we win at a canter. Owen's legs have gone and Duff's a gutless disgrace who should never play for us again - but then he should never have played for us in the first place.

Totally agree on the point made about Duff: still baffles me why he is in the team: I don't know what kind of game he had today, but whenever I've seen him this season he hasn't set the place alight: he dithers on the ball too long and slows our attacks down as a result:

Ball came to him in the first half, ten yards of space in the penalty area, only the keeper to beat, what does he do? Waits till he gets closed down then fires a tame shot straight at the goalkeeper. He'd already missed an open goal because he didn't have the spine to use his right foot.

I hate him more than I hated Jenas and that's some fucking acheivement. Sell him, loan him, kill him - just do not let him pull on a Newcastle shirt again.

Ball came to him in the first half, ten yards of space in the penalty area, only the keeper to beat, what does he do? Waits till he gets closed down then fires a tame shot straight at the goalkeeper. He'd already missed an open goal because he didn't have the spine to use his right foot.

I hate him more than I hated Jenas and that's some f****** acheivement. Sell him, loan him, kill him - just do not let him pull on a Newcastle shirt again.

:lol:

At least Michael "What a great finisher" Owen has the guts to come out say he missed three sitters. No surprise to see Duff not come out and do the same.

If Martins and Charlie play today, we win at a canter. Owen's legs have gone and Duff's a gutless disgrace who should never play for us again - but then he should never have played for us in the first place.

Totally agree on the point made about Duff: still baffles me why he is in the team: I don't know what kind of game he had today, but whenever I've seen him this season he hasn't set the place alight: he dithers on the ball too long and slows our attacks down as a result:

I hate him more than I hated Jenas and that's some f****** acheivement. Sell him, loan him, kill him - just do not let him pull on a Newcastle shirt again.

Theres no point playing someone whos productivity is zero: he rarely takes players on, rarely crosses, rarely shoots, to sum up he rarely does anything worthy of a positive mention: Its time he was dropped in favour of N'Zogbia whom if given a chance could do the business, plus he will bring that extra bit of energy to the midfield that we lack

We need to score first at home and today was the epitome of players not being able to take a chance. Duff bottled a great chance in the first half & Owen, for all his goals, is as bad a Bellamy when it comes to 1 on 1's. He can take half chances, in the box, but when the pressue is on he misses the majority of 1 on 1's. Fact.

There was a foul on Zog for the goal, but our defence went awol & Derbyshire took a chance that we had been missing all afternoon & most of the season. Can we go down. Yes, too bloody right we can, we lost a game today when the opposition didn't turn up. The crowd stayed with the team all match.

Bottom line; we need luck to stay up & someone to start scoring goals. Paul Goddard where are you?

Generally, he played v well today

Who Duff?  Hit the first man with 5 set pieces in the first 9 minutes an didnt improve thereafter.

Which is rather refreshing in a way because Milner managed to balloon 5 set pieces across the box in the same period. I like variation.

Who Duff?  Hit the first man with 5 set pieces in the first 9 minutes an didnt improve thereafter.

Don't forget the simple chance he missed because he couldn't bear to use his right foot. You and I have been saying this for over a year now.

A winger who starts regularly without one league assist or goal this season. It'd be funny if he didn't "play" for us.

Which is rather refreshing in a way because Milner managed to balloon 5 set pieces across the box in the same period. I like variation.

You mean the "Guests of Collingwood Insurance Man of the Match"?  Fucking hell they must put away some alcohol in that box :lol:

Don't forget the simple chance he missed because he couldn't bear to use his right foot. You and I have been saying this for over a year now.

A winger who starts regularly without one league assist or goal this season. It'd be funny if he didn't "play" for us.

Just like Smiths record, wonder why the press arent making a big deal out of how shite these two are...

You mean the "Guests of Collingwood Insurance Man of the Match"?  Fucking hell they must put away some alcohol in that box :lol:

With some of their picks this season I'd hope so.

Guest Mcdonald36

We need to score first at home and today was the epitome of players not being able to take a chance. Duff bottled a great chance in the first half & Owen, for all his goals, is as bad a Bellamy when it comes to 1 on 1's. He can take half chances, in the box, but when the pressue is on he misses the majority of 1 on 1's. Fact.

There was a foul on Zog for the goal, but our defence went awol & Derbyshire took a chance that we had been missing all afternoon & most of the season. Can we go down. Yes, too bloody right we can, we lost a game today when the opposition didn't turn up. The crowd stayed with the team all match.

Bottom line; we need luck to stay up & someone to start scoring goals. Paul Goddard where are you?

Her tits are immense.

Duff did alright, messed up a few corners, missed a good chance (watch the replays he couldn't hit it first time but certainly went for the wrong corner of the goal; & would have missed).

Want to blame one person? 17 Million for a goal scorer; Michael Owen you had a shitter.

Barton; very poor but didn't hide,

Duff; missed a great chance, poor corners, lucky to be picked ahead of Zog but did ok,

Smith, 100 % again but not good enough,

Michael fucking Owen; here's an idea, when 1 on 1 with a goal keeper do not open your body up 2 seconds before you shoot it is like a fucking huge neon sign of where you are going to place the ball & what's more it is always where you do try to place the ball. I could fucking throw my hat on the your shots when you are 1 on 1. FUCK OFF.

He's just so slow across the ground and in terms of thinking and reacting.  He could have ran onto that and buried it first time today, but no, far better set yourself on your better foot and give the two defenders time to block your shot.

He's also good at getting the ball, passing it, then stopping. What Robson said about Geremi's legs having gone and him being finished according to Mourinho also applies to Duff

disheartening today.

owen done everything right on two chances,two very good saves and blew the one where he got past the keeper.

i'd still like to have seen n'zogbia in the middle instead of barton who,to be fair created two very good chances but diappeared for the other 89mins defensivly and offensivly.

Duff did alright, messed up a few corners, missed a good chance (watch the replays he couldn't hit it first time but certainly went for the wrong corner of the goal; & would have missed).

Want to blame one person? 17 Million for a goal scorer; Michael Owen you had a shitter.

Barton; very poor but didn't hide,

Duff; missed a great chance, poor corners, lucky to be picked ahead of Zog but did ok,

Smith, 100 % again but not good enough,

Michael fucking Owen; here's an idea, when 1 on 1 with a goal keeper do not open your body up 2 seconds before you shoot it is like a fucking huge neon sign of where you are going to place the ball & what's more it is always where you do try to place the ball. I could fucking throw my hat on the your shots when you are 1 on 1. FUCK OFF.

He could have hit it first time if he'd reacted quicker.  And he messed up loads of set pieces, not a few.  Like I said, 5 in the first 9 minutes.  Game could have been almost over by then with some decent deliveries.

owen done everything right on two chances,two very good saves and blew the one where he got past the keeper.

Have a word with yourself Madras; he missed them both so he didn't do everything right. Like he also missed against Wigan in the same position (& Everton? too when he came on as half time sub with his first touch). Take a look at the goals he has scored of late, fox in the box or headers, decent chances on the deck & he has missed. The real sad thing is that Martins is no better at putting that type of chance in.

Have a word with yourself Madras; he missed them both so he didn't do everything right. Like he also missed against Wigan in the same position (& Everton? too when he came on as half time sub with his first touch). Take a look at the goals he has scored of late, fox in the box or headers, decent chances on the deck & he has missed. The real sad thing is that Martins is no better at putting that type of chance in.

the header was aswell hit as he could have,the side footer was as ronaldos last week in the same position...if harper had saved that you'd have wet your knicks. fucked up for the one in the first half like i said.

Tell you what, last day of the season, 1 on 1 with Howard to keep us up, I'd pick Martins and, yes, even Shola ahead of Owen to bury the chance.

With the ball at his feet, Owen couldn't hit a barn door. A few of us have been saying this since that Wigan game when it was bloody obvious that his legs had gone but we were shot down by the people still living in 1998.

Guest LucaAltieri

Tell you what, last day of the season, 1 on 1 with Howard to keep us up, I'd pick Martins and, yes, even Shola ahead of Owen to bury the chance.

With the ball at his feet, Owen couldn't hit a barn door. A few of us have been saying this since that Wigan game when it was bloody obvious that his legs had gone but we were shot down by the people still living in 1998.

One more goal and he's on par with Martins for the season. This after coming back from a long lay-off.

Clearly Martins is immense and Owen is a has been.

Let's just ignore the 2 goals he's put away in the last 4 games while we were getting raped.

the header was aswell hit as he could have,the side footer was as ronaldos last week in the same position...if harper had saved that you'd have wet your knicks. f***** up for the one in the first half like i said.

The header was looped & didn't have the power to go in, but it was a far better effort than his piss poor shots. The side foot was nothing like ronaldos (he scored for a start) & I would have expected Harper to have read the fucking match program & still saved it. Look at previous games, keepers do, MO with a 1 on 1  coming in from the left of the box = open your body up & shoot weakly to the other corner. Time & time again. The chance in the first half was no where near as good as the one he missed in the second.