Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

We got the money, we got the stadium, the supporters and then we got PL`s worst players... even worse then Derby and Fulham.

We are a s*** team.

Im so depressed these days i watch more hockey then i watch Newcastle.

Look at that Boro team above. No way is that team better than ours. We have the players but not the organisation. They're all over the place. Then you look at Everton whose squad is marginally better, but playing with organisation and understanding look where they are and what you can achieve. Look back to Bobby's times as well, our defence was pretty s*** on paper yet they played with an understanding of their role and they were solid. I'd say we have a just as good if not better defence now than then, yet they look like conceding more regularly.

Beg to differ there. I think our squad is a lot better than yours, not marginally. Especially in defence and midfield.

The only Newcastle player I'd genuinely like to see here is N'Zogbia but even he would spend a lot of his time in and out of the side competing with Pienaar, Osman & Arteta for a place. Martins is your next best player imo but he blows hot and cold & would be back up for Yakubu.

I disagree there. I think your squad is playing better and almost to their full potential, therefore it seems that way. Most of your squad are players who were average to good players but now who are organized and know exactly what their and everyone else's in the team's job is and are thriving. Best example is Yobo, never thought he was that good remember him being dominated often and making quite a few mistakes, now he's a fucking rock, because the team is so organised and disciplined, his confidence has grown and so have his performances. Anyone who actually plays football knows that's how it goes. Our team lacks direction, lacks discipline and lacks organisation. You don't get anywhere without them now. Everton has it in abundance, Newcastle has next to none. Swap the squads over this season, Newcastle's squad with Everton's 'system', we'd be top 8 at least, I honestly believe that. The only place you outclass us (individually) is in centre midfield. With Arteta and Cahill.

Got to agree with 1878.  It's really got fuck all to do with organization and understanding.  We've just got poor players.  If you gave me the option of swapping our best eleven with that of Everton, Villa, City, Pompey....I'd do it in a heart beat, no questions asked. 

It's got absolutely everything to do with it mate, that is where our problems lie. We simply don't get the best out of our players. We've got a huge amount of potential in this group of players that we're not tapping into. As for swapping, put any of those groups of players under the circumstances our players have been in this season and they wouldn't have done much better. By that I mean lack of fitness, getting used to one regime that fucked us up basically, then having to swap midseason, confidence shot to shit, huge amounts of pressure. Not much differance at all imho.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I'm sorry mate, I really can't agree with you there. I think Everton have a better squad than Villa, Pompey, Blackburn, West Ham and Man City. At the beginning of the season, I thought we had a batter squad than them. While I think we occupy a false position at the moment, I would say they currently have a better squad than Spurs. To suggest that Newcastle's squad is almost as good as Everton's is ridiculous imo. For most of the season, you had a manager who last season finsihed 1 place behind Everton and that was on a pittance. So, seeing as he was playing the same tactics, surely you should have been up there challenging for CL as Everton are currently doing?

I'm sorry mate, I really can't agree with you there. I think Everton have a better squad than Villa, Pompey, Blackburn, West Ham and Man City. At the beginning of the season, I thought we had a batter squad than them. While I think we occupy a false position at the moment, I would say they currently have a better squad than Spurs. To suggest that Newcastle's squad is almost as good as Everton's is ridiculous imo. For most of the season, you had a manager who last season finsihed 1 place behind Everton and that was on a pittance. So, seeing as he was playing the same tactics, surely you should have been up there challenging for CL as Everton are currently doing?

But that's what I'm saying. If you have enough time to implement a system ie. get the right players to fit with your style of management (which may take 1-2 seasons at least) and get them playing together for a decent period and organise them properly then you begin to get results. We haven't sustained a manager long enough for them to get results. I think i might be coming across wrong here, what i'm trying to say is I think our squad has the potential if drilled, organsied etc to yield the same results as Villa, Everton. Performances suggest otherwise recently I agree, but the potential is there in the existing squad to be up there challenging for Europe.

Why does this squad have potential?  There's no question that a handful of them could be playing better.  But to say they are top 8 material is just wishful thinking.  There are players that are inconsistent (Milner, N'Zogbia, Martins) and should be doing better, even if they aren't world beaters.  And maybe we haven't gotten the best out of the new foreign imports like Enrique and Cacapa.  But we have a core group of first teamers that are too physically diminutive, slow, technically poor and too old/experienced to have some untapped potential to fall back on.  You can't coach the Alan Smith out of Alan Smith.  You won't take 3-5 years off Nicky Butt, Damien Duff and Geremi.  These players are effectively useless in 2008.  Nicky Butt's next stop is Oldham or a television studio, not leading the charge back up the Premiership table.  Having 2 or 3 potentially good young players doesn't mean this squad is capable of going places. 

Even if you got the best players in this team healthy and confident, I'm still not sure we'd be able to compete with the quality of the top 8 this year.  Arteta, Petrov, Young, Berbatov....we don't have anyone of that quality.  There is nothing exciting about this group.  We're about 3 to 4 players away from even being decent in my opinion.  The talent just isn't there at the moment.  If we kid ourselves into thinking that we're a big club, and therefore we have big players who are just under performing (every week), we'll end up in this position again.  Bottom line....there is no base to build on.  I hope Keegan realizes that and starts again this summer.

Potential isn't just what a certain player might do in the future. I'm thinking collectively, there is enough in our squad to be top 8 (you may forget but we have beaten West ham, Spurs and Everton this season.). We play like a bunch of strangers, tighten it up, give each player a clear, definite role then there's nothing stopping us. Then maybe with the addition of a bit of pace and creativity in summer we'll look a lot more healthy. Until then though, come on Arsenal!

We got the money, we got the stadium, the supporters and then we got PL`s worst players... even worse then Derby and Fulham.

We are a s*** team.

Im so depressed these days i watch more hockey then i watch Newcastle.

Look at that Boro team above. No way is that team better than ours. We have the players but not the organisation. They're all over the place. Then you look at Everton whose squad is marginally better, but playing with organisation and understanding look where they are and what you can achieve. Look back to Bobby's times as well, our defence was pretty s*** on paper yet they played with an understanding of their role and they were solid. I'd say we have a just as good if not better defence now than then, yet they look like conceding more regularly.

Beg to differ there. I think our squad is a lot better than yours, not marginally. Especially in defence and midfield.

The only Newcastle player I'd genuinely like to see here is N'Zogbia but even he would spend a lot of his time in and out of the side competing with Pienaar, Osman & Arteta for a place. Martins is your next best player imo but he blows hot and cold & would be back up for Yakubu.

I disagree there. I think your squad is playing better and almost to their full potential, therefore it seems that way. Most of your squad are players who were average to good players but now who are organized and know exactly what their and everyone else's in the team's job is and are thriving. Best example is Yobo, never thought he was that good remember him being dominated often and making quite a few mistakes, now he's a f****** rock, because the team is so organised and disciplined, his confidence has grown and so have his performances. Anyone who actually plays football knows that's how it goes. Our team lacks direction, lacks discipline and lacks organisation. You don't get anywhere without them now. Everton has it in abundance, Newcastle has next to none. Swap the squads over this season, Newcastle's squad with Everton's 'system', we'd be top 8 at least, I honestly believe that. The only place you outclass us (individually) is in centre midfield. With Arteta and Cahill.

Yobo has been a good player for us for 5 years, that's why he cost £5m years ago when he was only 20 and is now captain of his country. He used to have the odd concentration lapse but nothing major. If you thought he wasn't very good then that's your opinion but I think most people would disagree. Him Cryuff turning Henry in his own penalty box was a particular highlight  in his first season :lol:

I think we outclass you all over the pitch apart from centre forward where if Michael Owen and Viduka ever get their acts together you would have more depth than us with Martins also in the mix. I'm not sure they will recover their old form though. You're on a par with us for the RB position as well probably but that's it.

Anyway, how bad are Arsenal bottling this league title? :frantic:

get the fuck in :clap2:

Arsenal wont win the league.... they just seem to be scraping to many draws at home... sure there was someone else at home recently they only just equalized in the last minute or so