Anyone getting proper scared now??

Guest GLENEAGLE

Guest Hodgson09

I think we will hammer Liverpool.

We should have hammered Blackburn. But Liverpool will be hammered by us. Have some faith.

We will start winning, we played well against Blackburn but due to poor finishing we didn't win a game we should have. Liverpool can be and will be beaten by Newcastle.

Guest louiseville_lip

I think there are a lot of paralells between 1992 and this season.  Keegan took over around the same time, and he had a pretty torrid time.  We lost 5 in a row if I remember rightly, one 6-2 reverse at Molineux sticks out, as well as a 4-1 hiding at Derby with 3 sent off.  We were really staring relegation in the face, but we beat Pompey and Leicester and pulled through, just like we will this time.

There was enough on Saturday to show me that no way will we go down.  We were so much better than Blackburn, and I've done the BBC predictor thing, and I was putting scores in which were worst case scenario, which had us on 35 points, with the cut off line being 34.  If we do go down, I hope we go down with dignity and it will be interesting to see how many of our fans stick around.

Honestly think even if it did happen there would still be 52,000 every fortnight and a massive traveling support

We can't even get 52,000 every week in the Premiership.  I reckon we'd get 52,000 against Leeds and Carlisle and that would be it.

25-30 000 for average games i think.  Still a good away crowd.

You have to admit this all very exciting at the same time.  I'm very nervous, but i've not been so desperate to be at the games since we were challenging for important places at the top end.

Guest louiseville_lip

You have to admit this all very exciting at the same time.  I'm very nervous, but i've not been so desperate to be at the games since we were challenging for important places at the top end.

Nar Leicester get that, we'd average about 39-42,000 which would of course be unparalelled, and perhaps people would finally shut up about Man City's 28,000 average gate in the 90's.

We need to forget about the Liverpool game!  Even with a decent side over the years we've got f*** all.

The other fixtures against the teams in around us need to be won at all costs.  I hope we will do it as we can relax for the summer  and look forward to some money being splashed.

If not, what a depressing summer it will be, Us down and no England in the Euro's, if it happens i'm becoming an atheist as him upstairs must have it in for us but yet loves Man poo!

Praying we don't

boltons remaining fixtures have just provided me with the first ray of hope in months...they're almost as bad as ours, maybe worse

i think we'll pick up a maximum of 5 points rest of the season - one draw away (brum) and 4 points from reading and the mackems at home

33 points, may be enough givens boltons remaining games...but isn't 36 the lowest total anyones ever stayed up on?  we'll not get 36 points, that much is a virtual certainty

We need to forget about the Liverpool game!  Even with a decent side over the years we've got f*** all.

The other fixtures against the teams in around us need to be won at all costs.  I hope we will do it as we can relax for the summer  and look forward to some money being splashed.

If not, what a depressing summer it will be, Us down and no England in the Euro's, if it happens i'm becoming an atheist as him upstairs must have it in for us but yet loves Man poo!

Praying we don't

Man Utd always geared for success just needed the right man in charge which they got with AF whereas we have not been, always known as a selling club, especially in the eighties with a very unambitious poor board.

This changed dramatically with the ousting of Mckeag & co the ground squad and everything about the club was transformed. However one poor managerial decision after another since KK departed (bar BR, who if i could rewrite our recent history would have taken over from KK rather than show loyalty to Barca)  has left us where we are now.

If, and in my opinion, it is still a big if we go down It will be different to the last time in the late eighties we have an ambitious board and a manager who believes in playing football who i definately loves this club and City. We will not be allowed to stagnate in the Championship, and still think we we have pretty much a full house every home game even if its just about bloody defiance.

Dont think it will come to that though 2 already as good as down the teams around us esp Bolton, Mackems and Boro come to mind have as hard a run in as we do if not a little more difficult. KK has us playing good football it just needs the goals to come and a rub of the green and we will get what we need to survive.

It is up to the board to then prove their ambitions.

boltons remaining fixtures have just provided me with the first ray of hope in months...they're almost as bad as ours, maybe worse

i think we'll pick up a maximum of 5 points rest of the season - one draw away (brum) and 4 points from reading and the mackems at home

33 points, may be enough givens boltons remaining games...but isn't 36 the lowest total anyones ever stayed up on?  we'll not get 36 points, that much is a virtual certainty

Fulham at home as well

Fulham at home as well

yeah keep forgetting them, perhaps 36 then, gumna be tight!

Re. Liverpool

I always find the problem we have is that regardless of whether we are playing well, clubs like Liverpool, Everton and Spurs always try and raise their game because they believe that we are a "big club", therefore a good team (which we are not). When this happens these teams come out all guns blazing and normally beat us comfortabley. Where as if they were playing the likes of Bolton etc, they wouldn't be up for it as much. It's a right pain in the arse.

Relagation is still a possibility not a probability. I'll see where we are at after Liverpool and Birmingham before making my prediction.

Nar Leicester get that, we'd average about 39-42,000 which would of course be unparalelled, and perhaps people would finally shut up about Man City's 28,000 average gate in the 90's.

I'd probably go get a season ticket.

Twice as cheap, more games, a good seat, probably some loyalty bonus for next season (09-10) & some actual wins to be watched instead of humiliation & sour defeats.

Eight to one on to avoid relegation at Paddy Power.  Sounds about right to me.  We'll be fine.

If you do fancy us for the drop you can get five to one for it so fill your boots.  Money where your mouth is and all that.

Guest mr quimbys beard

Ive been shitting it for a while now but think we may just stay up, i wont give up hope till its mathematically impossible like.

KEEGAN AND NEWCASTLE PLEDGE TO DRIVE OFF A CLIFF TOGETHER 

KEVIN Keegan and Newcastle have pledged to drive off a cliff together in a final act of sisterhood, rather than face relegation from the premier league.

The pair have been on a brief but emotional road trip since Keegan abandoned his boring, domestic life, running a soccer school on a Glasgow industrial estate.

But his bid for a new life has been a failure, apart from one night of crazy sex with a Brad Pitt impersonator from Tynemouth.

An emotional Newcastle said: "Kevin, I'm so sorry I dragged you into this. If you want to get out I'll understand. But it's too late for me. I can't go back - you know that, right?"

An emotional Keegan replied: "I know we should probably never have done this. But I couldn't sit around one more day watching my life go down the drain.

"You saved me Newcastle. You made me feel more alive than any man and I love you for that."

He added: "We've come this far and I'll be damned if we're gonna stop now."

Later this week Keegan and Newcastle are expected to drive to the edge of a quarry on the outskirts of Gateshead, where they will hold hands and accelerate at full speed into oblivion.

Meanwhile Roy Keane and Sunderland are finalising their plans to run out of a little house with guns blazing, into the face of 100 heavily armed Bolivian soldiers.

Source