Newcastle win Northumberland Senior Cup. Woohoo!

Skirge

Shaun Murray - now there is a name I haven't heard for a long time! He was tipped for greatness as a schoolkid (on Spurs' books), but I think he only got as far as playing for Bradford City old 2nd division.

He was on our books. Spurs bought his old man a car & give him some £££'s (a big deal in the 1980s) so he never signed pro with us. Harry Redknapp says in his book  that Shaun Murrays treatment at Spurs is one of the reason Jamie did not sign for them as kid. Played for Portsmouth, Scarborough & Bradford (like you said). Maybe the odd other club after that.

he played for pompey after leaving spurs and played for them up here (i remember standing in the a-wing screaming at ray ranson to kick him as he didn't like the physical aspect..............i knew shaun for a long time as a kid,really nice lad,when he'd come back up he never played the big timer even when at spurs,he tried to chat my sis up and never let on what he done just that he knew me to play football with). went on to play for blackpool and notts county amongst others.

The better players were Carol who took his goals well and had a good game in general, Troisi looked good with the ball but could do with putting more effort into his game, Lua Lua also had a very good game on the left wing, he's got some speed in those little legs.

carrol 'outstanding' thorughout apparently?

confirmation?

he could be in for a start on sat i reckon

He had a better second half as did both teams, Carol covered a lot of ground and has a very good change of speed, he actually beat the Everton keeper to one ball which he really shouldn't have got anywhere near because of his starting position.

confirmation?

He had a better second half as did both teams, Carol covered a lot of ground and has a very good change of speed, he actually beat the Everton keeper to one ball which he really shouldn't have got anywhere near because of his starting position.

does he look a lot more confident at that level as when i've seen him in the first team and at preston he looks a slightly hyper gangly teen ?

Guest Brazilianbob

confirmation?

Not after he has played tonight.  He might make the subs bench though.

does he look a lot more confident at that level as when i've seen him in the first team and at preston he looks a slightly hyper gangly teen ?

He looks very confident at that level, playing reserves games at St James' can only help the younger players when they do break into the first team, it's hard to understand how he failed at Preston because he looks better than that level.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be able to make an educated guess as to how the average Premiership reserve side would compare to the average Championship side?

Carroll couldn't get a game for Preston but he looks like he's completely ripping apart the reserve league.

In most games at reserve level it is mainly kids against kids aka as the best Acadmeny players. So a big fucker like Carroll is going to dominate but put him against blokes who have a bit nouse, bulk & are bigger than him & he struggled.

But how are he ever to have a chance to get to another level when he never get games? It is so frustrating that Smith play week in and week out without impressing and Carroll never get at chance. Ameobi have been playing for years and he have been total shit.

I think this whole situation is shit

But how are he ever to have a chance to get to another level when he never get games? It is so frustrating that Smith play week in and week out without impressing and Carroll never get at chance. Ameobi have been playing for years and he have been total s***.

I think this whole situation is s***

He continues doing what he is doing in the reseves & when he gets his cameo appearances which he will he has to make an impact. He should do as much work possible against a big unit like Faye in training.

Are you called André Tanneberg?

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be able to make an educated guess as to how the average Premiership reserve side would compare to the average Championship side?

Carroll couldn't get a game for Preston but he looks like he's completely ripping apart the reserve league.

In most games at reserve level it is mainly kids against kids aka as the best Acadmeny players. So a big fucker like Carroll is going to dominate but put him against blokes who have a bit nouse, bulk & are bigger than him & he struggled.

Not usually Academy players at Spurs, more often than not the youngsters who left the Academy last summer but haven't yet broken into the first team squad.  Spurs played top of the table Villa tonight and played really well for a change to win 3-0.  Pity Brummie isn't about now! Out of interest the teams were:

Spurs: Button; Gunter, Archibald-Henville, Rocha, Martin; Parrett (Fraser-Allen, 50), Martin, Rose, Taarabt; Pekhart, Dawkins (Kasim, 82)

Unused subs: Jansson, C Butcher, Cox

Aston Villa: Sorensen; Hogg (Forrester, 66), Lichaj, Lund, Earls; Routledge, Salifou, D Bellon, Y Bellon (Albrighton, 59); Clancy (Bradley, 73), Berger

Unused sub: Bevan

But how are he ever to have a chance to get to another level when he never get games? It is so frustrating that Smith play week in and week out without impressing and Carroll never get at chance. Ameobi have been playing for years and he have been total s***.

He continues doing what he is doing in the reseves & when he gets his cameo appearances which he will he has to make an impact. He should do as much work possible against a big unit like Faye in training.

Are you called André Tanneberg?

no...

I get you point. Still I think he should get more games

I'm normally very cautious about plugging in youngsters into the first team squad, but Carroll's exploits with the reserves as of late have been nothing short of ridiculous. I don't see what more he can do to prove that he at least merits a look in, especially considering that our established strikers are underpreforming at the moment.

I think it just comes down to the fact that Keegan isn't prepared to slot in a 19-year old when we're smack dab in the middle of a relegation battle, and I suppose I can agree with that sentiment to some degree. I just wish we were comfortably mid-table right about now so Carroll could get a decent run of games.

Not usually Academy players at Spurs, more often than not the youngsters who left the Academy last summer but haven't yet broken into the first team squad.  Spurs played top of the table Villa tonight and played really well for a change to win 3-0.  Pity Brummie isn't about now! Out of interest the teams were:

Spurs: Button; Gunter, Archibald-Henville, Rocha, Martin; Parrett (Fraser-Allen, 50), Martin, Rose, Taarabt; Pekhart, Dawkins (Kasim, 82)

Aston Villa: Sorensen; Hogg (Forrester, 66), Lichaj, Lund, Earls; Routledge, Salifou, D Bellon, Y Bellon (Albrighton, 59); Clancy (Bradley, 73), Berger

May have overplayed the Acadmeny kid line slightly but the reseve teams nowadays are a lot younger to what these they used to be.

it's easy...those that know the game better than you and I watch. I have heard the same about brayson,chopra,allon,robinson etc. and none of those really proved us wrong in letting them go.

FWIW (and it's worth little) ameobi looked twice the player carroll is in his first few camoes.

it's easy...those that know the game better than you and I watch. I have heard the same about brayson,chopra,allon,robinson etc. and none of those really proved us wrong in letting them go.

FWIW (and it's worth little) ameobi looked twice the player carroll is in his first few camoes.

All them lads you mention were the next big local hope.......shame nee body signed that lad called Shearer when he had a trial.

Brayson = Gateshead (herd he is sparky as well)

Chopra = Sunderland

Allon = Went on to play a few games for Chelsea

Robinson = The Mackem b****** was decalred bankrupt at 28 not long ago.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/sundaysun/news/tm_headline=parents-to-rescue-of-bankrupt-toon-star&method=full&objectid=18573192&siteid=50081-name_page.html  :snod:

May have overplayed the Acadmeny kid line slightly but the reseve teams nowadays are a lot younger to what these they used to be.

Very true.  With established average players costing millions, it makes a lot of sense to try to bring the kids on, if they make the grade all well and good, if they don't then they're a saleable asset (hopefully) to a Championship side or suchlike.

Very true.  With established average players costing millions, it makes a lot of sense to try to bring the kids on, if they make the grade all well and good, if they don't then they're a saleable asset (hopefully) to a Championship side or suchlike.

But has it not become a beefed up junior league rather than a step to the first team.

I'm normally very cautious about plugging in youngsters into the first team squad, but Carroll's exploits with the reserves as of late have been nothing short of ridiculous. I don't see what more he can do to prove that he at least merits a look in, especially considering that our established strikers are underpreforming at the moment.

I think it just comes down to the fact that Keegan isn't prepared to slot in a 19-year old when we're smack dab in the middle of a relegation battle, and I suppose I can agree with that sentiment to some degree. I just wish we were comfortably mid-table right about now so Carroll could get a decent run of games.

I don´t see any problem to throw in a young guy. I have seen it thousands of times and still sees it. it is just bullshit.