Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a fucking ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

If there's one thing that we learned today it's that we need Faye at the back.

We can't keep Butt in midfield. Faye can do nothing when the back four is under pressure for 90 minutes because a) he gives the ball away every time he gets it and b) he offers zero protection.

If not Faye, Geremi needs to come in. And for fuck's sake, someone buy Emre some new bastard legs.

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a f****** ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

It is desperate when the only way to improve the midfield is by playing 1 of 2 defenders who are past there sell by date.

Guest LucaAltieri

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a fucking ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

If there's one thing that we learned today it's that we need Faye at the back.

We can't keep Butt in midfield. Faye can do nothing when the back four is under pressure for 90 minutes because a) he gives the ball away every time he gets it and b) he offers zero protection.

If not Faye, Geremi needs to come in. And for fuck's sake, someone buy Emre some new bastard legs.

We do need to sort out our midfield... but Faye isn't the answer, he's more value to us at the back. As for Emre, even if he was fit and available he's the last player I'd want in my team in a relegation battle.

Solution? Fuck knows.

Is it too late to get Matty Pattison back in?

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a f****** ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

It is desperate when the only way to improve the midfield is by playing 1 of 2 defenders who are past there sell by date.

Faye's a midfielder as much as a defender. And that's pretty fucking harsh on him iyam.

Geremi's a midfielder too fwiw.

If not Faye, Geremi needs to come in. And for f***'s sake, someone buy Emre some new b****** legs.

Keegan needs to have a think about these bastards, we have 3 or 4 players every game who are shite, the worst thing is that it's the same ones most games.

If not Faye, Geremi needs to come in. And for f***'s sake, someone buy Emre some new b****** legs.

Keegan needs to have a think about these bastards, we have 3 or 4 players every game who are shite, the worst thing is that it's the same ones most games.

He won't do fuk all about it though as they train hard and give him no jip.

Faye's a midfielder as much as a defender. And that's pretty f****** harsh on him iyam.

I was refering to Diatta & Cacapa as past there sell by date. As we have to play one of them to improve our midfield by moving Faye in there.

Faye's a midfielder as much as a defender. And that's pretty f****** harsh on him iyam.

I was refering to Diatta & Cacapa as past there sell by date. As we have to play one of them to improve our midfield by moving Faye in there.

Ah right sorry. Carry on. :lol:

Guest Phil K

Is he ? Could've fooled me -

You'll be saying the Newcastle team consists of premier-standard players next !

Guest LucaAltieri

As for Emre, even if he was fit and available he's the last player I'd want in my team in a relegation battle.

You're having a laugh surely? ???

Alright, maybe not the last. But he certainly doesn't show any more quality or put in any more effort than the current bunch of tossers. Probably the most hit or miss player we've got. How many games he just simply not turned up? Definitely not what you want in a relegation battle.

We looked better with Geremi playing today than we did before he came on.

We looked better with Geremi playing today than we did before he came on.

Aye, but maybe only cos' Liverpool had backed off by then.

As for Emre, even if he was fit and available he's the last player I'd want in my team in a relegation battle.

Alright, maybe not the last. But he certainly doesn't show any more quality or put in any more effort than the current bunch of tossers. Probably the most hit or miss player we've got. How many games he just simply not turned up? Definitely not what you want in a relegation battle.

He has more pace than either of them, has a decent shot on him, can trap a ball and move forward with it and can OCCASIONALLY at least complete a fucking pass. 

Trust me I'm not happy saying he should even be in the starting XI, but he should be starting over either of them.  Compared to Butt and Smith he's Maradona.

I'd say when we are having a massive problem scoring goals, I'd say he's exactly the type of player you want. He's only started 6 games, already got more assists than most of the rest of our team put together as well as a terrific goal against Everton (a game he won for us, make no doubt about it).

He's a very long way from perfect but I'm astonished that anyone can say he doesn't offer any more quality than the rest of the midfield options. Hit and miss is better than just miss every week.

It's his job to motivate them.  Which we all said, yourself included, of the likes of Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.  I mean, wasn't that supposed to be what he's actually good at? 

Of course it's his job to motivate them, I don't see a problem with motivation, I see certain players who are not good enough, I blame Keegan for repeatedly picking the same s*** week after week, one s*** player is a handicap, three or four isn't giving us a chance.

OK, Smith and Butt are s*** but what was the alternative today? N'Zogbia and Geremi? Well he has tried N'Zogbia in the centre without success and Geremi has hardly shone when he has played there either. Faye is an option too but then that leaves us having to play Taylor and Cacapa in central defence.

Smith and Butt are rotten, absolutely dreadful. Keegan is no mug, he'll see that too and he's ruthless enough to do something about it in the summer (if we stay up) but for the moment those are the players he is stuck with.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd say when we are having a massive problem scoring goals, I'd say he's exactly the type of player you want. He's only started 6 games, already got more assists than most of the rest of our team put together as well as a terrific goal against Everton (a game he won for us, make no doubt about it).

He's a very long way from perfect but I'm astonished that anyone can say he doesn't offer any more quality than the rest of the midfield options. Hit and miss is better than just miss every week.

Aye, possibly. I suppose I'm saying he's not a player I'd like to have to rely on. He can't do it every week but a bit of magic at the right time couldn't hurt. It would still be a gamble playing him.

Keegan needs to have a think about these bastards, we have 3 or 4 players every game who are s****, the worst thing is that it's the same ones most games.

He won't do fuk all about it though as they train hard and give him no jip.

Exactly. There is no point in hoping for an alternative because we know EXACTLY what the line up will be next game. It'll be the same old shit, just a different day

OK, Smith and Butt are s*** but what was the alternative today? N'Zogbia and Geremi? Well he has tried N'Zogbia in the centre without success and Geremi has hardly shone when he has played there either. Faye is an option too but then that leaves us having to play Taylor and Cacapa in central defence.

Smith and Butt are rotten, absolutely dreadful. Keegan is no mug, he'll see that too and he's ruthless enough to do something about it in the summer (if we stay up) but for the moment those are the players he is stuck with.

We've got kids I'd rather play than Smith and Butt, I also think Milner could play in the middle as he'll run all day and wouldn't be as limited for making the same pass as he does on the wing.

We've got kids I'd rather play than Smith and Butt, I also think Milner could play in the middle as he'll run all day and wouldn't be as limited for making the same pass as he does on the wing.

Which kids? Yeah I agree with Milner in the middle.

Guest Goalfather

We desrve to be relegated to be honest. Games are usually won and lost in the midfield , if the midfield is not functioning properly , the defence is put under undue pressure and the strikers rarely get the ball in goalscoring areas. It was obvious even before the begining of the season that our midfield lacked pace, strength and composure on the ball. We could have gotten Bouba Diop and Lassine Diarra  fairly cheaply but we bought Smith and Barton instead.Portsmouth are enjoying their best season ever and we're having our worst

Which kids?

http://www.toddlersoccer.org/images/IMG_3910.jpg