5 years ago to this day....

Guest GAMMELL

Guest GAMMELL

http://www.nufc.com/html/2003-03-11intermilan-a.html

Anybody actually at this game?? Remember watching it on the box as if it were yesterday & the atmosphere was only f*cking amazing. Kinda depressing bringing this up considering the shyte we're in at the moment  :weep: but anyone wanna share their experience or whatever that night. Would be a good read what with all the gloom / sheer worry etc.. (100% understandable) of us all on the forum at the minute  O0

Guest elbee909

"The team and fans were absolutely fantastic in this game, regardless of the fact we didn't win it and regardless of whether we yet sneak through. Like Bobby Robson, we're proud to be Geordies and if we go out on next Wednesday we go out with heads held high knowing we've given a good account of ourselves, something that seemed most unlikely earlier in the competition. "

Seems like a long, long time ago now.

Very intimidating atmosphere. The Inter fans above us were throwing anything and everything down on us and the police just cowered under the sheltered part, venturing out only when someone had the temerity to throw a coin back. I went with a mate and his wife, my wife was meant to be there too, kind of a mini break in Milan combined with the game, but she was too sick with her pregnancy and pulled out last minute. Thank god for that, because had she been there I would have had to leave the game. Fair play to her though, she stayed at home to watch the game on tv before letting her dad take her into hospital where she remained for 2 weeks!

Bernard's best game for us imo. :)

Oh yes. Would've seemed incredible to me back then that he'd be where he is now - i.e. nowhere.

"Same old Eyeties, always cheating..."

Very intimidating atmosphere. The Inter fans above us were throwing anything and everything down on us and the police just cowered under the sheltered part, venturing out only when someone had the temerity to throw a coin back. I went with a mate and his wife, my wife was meant to be there too, kind of a mini break in Milan combined with the game, but she was too sick with her pregnancy and pulled out last minute. Thank god for that, because had she been there I would have had to leave the game. Fair play to her though, she stayed at home to watch the game on tv before letting her dad take her into hospital where she remained for 2 weeks!

wow spooky, i went but was iffy till the last minute due to my wifes pregnancy (just had a threatened miscarriage).

bernards performance,horrid gamesmanship,cowardly italian fans and police.

oh and thanks fat fred for being there,acknowladging the flare thrown into the NUFC fans but refusing to bring it up officially.

Griffin, Bernard, Bramble, O'Brien. Why would that back line be infinitely better than the one we've got today?

It was down the the manager organising them and telling them how to play.

he was a beast in that one.. one of the best defensive performances i've ever witnessed

and also one of the dirtiest performance by his oppo in that game,concecao (sp?)

10 years ago weekend gone we beat barnsley in the 6th round on our run to the cup final. barnsley had knocked out man utd in the previous round.

moral of the story....get your money on barnsley should they draw a big name in 2018's fa cup.

Yep. I'm still shocked by how quickly he faded once leaving us. Was one of my favourite players during SBR's time.

I loved him as well. He was quality in this game: As he got kicked, and punished for his opponent diving he just stood there with a look of bemusement on his face, and carried on. Class.

Yep. I'm still shocked by how quickly he faded once leaving us. Was one of my favourite players during SBR's time.

I loved him as well. He was quality in this game: As he got kicked, and punished for his opponent diving he just stood there with a look of bemusement on his face, and carried on. Class.

He seemed to get kicked over the pitch most games, tbh! Must be something about him.

He seemed to get kicked over the pitch most games, tbh! Must be something about him.

apparently it might be the smell :/