Embarrassing

stozo

Can I get this straight: stozo who lives in the Midlands and wasn't at the Liverpool or Blackburn games (and the rest) is calling those of us who live in the North East "embarrassing" and "disgraceful" because we're not going to Birmingham on a Monday night?

Is that what is genuinely happening here? :lol:

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well. Despite me not owning a car may I add.

The thing that pisses me off is this is a game that could decide our fate in this league and people can't be bothered to go the extra mile. I know I will definetly up for the Fulham, Reading and Sunderland (If I can get tickets) games just because there such huge games.

Are you not aware that....some people actually work Saturdays? Or have other commitments more important than football? Like family for example...

I'd actually die from exhaustion if I attempted to a go to this game. A fella at work is driving up to Sunderland this afternoon (from Medway) after work and will arrive back about 1am and will start work again at 5am. Metal.

Heavy.

;)

Can I get this straight: stozo who lives in the Midlands and wasn't at the Liverpool or Blackburn games (and the rest) is calling those of us who live in the North East "embarrassing" and "disgraceful" because we're not going to Birmingham on a Monday night?

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well. Despite me not owning a car may I add.

The thing that pisses me off is this is a game that could decide our fate in this league and people can't be bothered to go the extra mile. I know I will definetly up for the Fulham, Reading and Sunderland (If I can get tickets) games just because there such huge games.

Are you taking two days off to go to those games like?

I'd actually die from exhaustion if I attempted to a go to this game. A fella at work is driving up to Sunderland this afternoon (from Medway) after work and will arrive back about 1am and will start work again at 5am. Metal.

Heavy.

;)

Hahah cunt.

Serious props to him though, it's for his nan the soft bugger.

Are you not aware that....some people actually work Saturdays? Or have other commitments more important than football? Like family for example...

Even more people work Tuesdays.

I won't be next week  :smug:

And I was talking about the "fulham etc etc" games part.

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well.

I see the point you are trying to make but why should everyone keeping shelling out fortunes to watch that rubbish when our supports seems to make no difference?

Can't give up hope. People say the support makes no difference but we need to stay with the club even if at this moment we are are playing crap. Times like these when it's back to the walls is when the club needs us to get behind them most.

I made the mistake of taking time off work and travelling to Derby on a Monday night. I won't be making the same mistake and going to Birmingham.

Actually, I would love to go but havent got a penny to my name at the moment.

I won't be next week  :smug:

And I was talking about the "fulham etc etc" games part.

Yeah I know. Just saying there's no comparison at all between Brum away on a Monday night and three Saturday afternoon home games.

Think a lot of people are missing the piont. If you have family or work comitments fair enuogh but there is no chance there would sale on the door if we were top of the league. It's more of a call to the fair weather supporters who can make it to get there arses down. Surely a club with the fanbase the size of ours can manage 2,800 from wherever.

Think a lot of people are missing the piont. If you have family or work comitments fair enuogh but there is no chance there would sale on the door if we were top of the league. It's more of a call to the fair weather supporters who can make it to get there arses down. Surely a club with the fanbase the size of ours can manage 2,800 from wherever.

Cant really call people fair weather when we have sold out most away games wherever we go maybe people just want to be given a reason to go

Guest WalkervilleMag

I thought we would of sold out for sure. I'll be in Chicago cheering on the lads, otherwise i would of been there.

Guest toonlass

Not stopped me making the journey up to Newcastle this year on numeruous occasions and attending several away games as well.

Which away games have you been to this season Stozo? I am presuming due to your location that you would have been to all of the games in the North West Man United, Liverpool. Wigan, Bolton, Man City, Blackburn, and Villa, and Reading(just along the M4). Not to mention Stoke and Derby. Have you been to them all? Because if you have missed even one away game in that locality then you cannot comment on anyone's inability to get to a game. You can even get to London easier than we can.

So remind me why you weren't at Liverpool or at home to Blackburn again?

Liverpool, I had coursework deadlines for the Monday. Blackburn, I didnt have enough money for the train fare up.

Liverpool, I had coursework deadlines for the Monday. Blackburn, I didnt have enough money for the train fare up.

:lol:

Fucking students

On a Monday night it's not about being arsed, it's about being possible.  I'd love to go.  I'm going down to Portsmouth which is a lot more effort and it's not a game i'm anticipating like Birmingham, but i can't go to Birmingham, because i live in Edinburgh and have to be at uni at 9 the next morning!  I'm sure it's similar for many

One thing the players or club can not complain about is dissinterested fans and lack of numbers, we'll sell our quota I'm sure but even if we don't the lads will not lack for any vocal encourgement, just a shame that that backing is not reward more often.

What a ridiculous thread this is.

I have nothing but praise for those of you who opt not to put your health at risk by stepping over the threshold of that steaming shit heap, you are responsible adults looking after your own health, you deserve respect for your level headedness