Jermaine Defoe

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

That makes it six in six for Pompey.

Crying shame we didnt make a bid for him, not as if all the top clubs were sniffing about. Infinitely better than Martins and the current version of Owen.  :thdn:

Should be added that it's a bit different doing the business for a very good Portsmouth side when compared to our dross at the minute.

Not sure he'd have anywhere near that amount if he'd been playing instead of/alongside Owen.

Still wouldn't have him ahead of our two "small strikers".

That makes it six in six for Pompey.

Crying shame we didnt make a bid for him, not as if all the top clubs were sniffing about. Infinitely better than Martins and the current version of Owen.  :thdn:

Makes you wish Roeder was still manager, then we'd have stood a chance of signing him up.

I still don't rate him even if he has scored a few for Portsmouth.

Only because he's English though ;)

Not at all, I just don't think he's got anything that our current bunch of strikers haven't, except he plays in a far better team than ours that's set up perfectly for a pacey striker.

Nah, can do without, dont get me wrong, i think he's a very good player but i dont even think Eto'o could come here and score to be honest, Diarra and Woodgate would probably be the 2 players for me who would of had any effect on our side who went this t4ransfer period.

Guest toonlass

Nah, can do without, dont get me wrong, i think he's a very good player but i dont even think Eto'o could come here and score to be honest, Diarra and Woodgate would probably be the 2 players for me who would of had any effect on our side who went this t4ransfer period.

This

Agree 100%

Still, there weren't any players available in January, remember?

Diarra wanted a massive wage to come here, remember?

Defoe would have chosen Pompey ahead of us, given that they can make European spot this year.

Agree 100%

Still, there weren't any players available in January, remember?

Diarra wanted a massive wage to come here, remember?

Defoe would have chosen Pompey ahead of us, given that they can make European spot this year.

Also, not such an upheaval for him moving from Spurs to Pompey, compared to uprooting himself to come to the frozen north.

at the time, we would have all moaned like fuck if he had have signed him anyway, with us having oba and owen (small strikers).

i agree with the woodgate and diarra comment, would have made a huge difference to us them 2

I also wish we'd signed Defoe but don't agree that he is THAT much better than Martins.

Martins has been extremely miss managed, where as Defoe is in a good side.

i rate him and think he is better than present-day Owen, but i don't think he is better than Martins and plays a different role. not really what we need as a squad tho as a loan signing i'm sure he could've made a difference short-term.

Guest michaelfoster

Portsmouth are a good team. We are a rubbish team.

Spot the difference.

Portsmouth have half of africa in their team?