Is Keane the new Fergie ?

Benwell Lad

Not that he has created a winning team or anything but is now whinging that Sunderland have not had a single decision in thier favour this season.  Is this something he picked up from Ferguson to try and get in the mind of officials ?

A theoretical league table which includes proven referee's mistakes, not merely disputed ones , shows Sunderland second bottom and Newcastle somewhere in mid table. So it looks like you've had your fair share of refereeing favours Mr.Keane. Especially at the Stadium of Light.

Perhaps he missed the equaliser at Birmingham where his forward had the keeper pinned to the floor as the ball was put in and perhaps he missed what was the worst malicious tackle of the season which Bardsley commited on an Everton player last week and got a mere yellow card.

Come to think of it, as a man who openly admitted to ending a fellow pro's career with a pre meditated nasty tackle maybe he thinks that kind of thing is OK.

Doesn't he look like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad though?

I'm sure that has been on f365 before, but he does.

FWIW, I like Keane as a manager. He seems to have acquired an certain eloquence, which is at odds with the nasty gobshite he was as a player.  If he keeps Sunderland up, he'll have done a very good job.

His transfer market acumen is incredibly suspect, though. Although, saying that, so is MON's at times.

Off topic, but are you going tomorrow, Robster?

Bluenose colleague of mine asked me if i wanted to tag along with him. Clearly, I'd rather have my kidneys removed without anaesthetic than sit alongside those scum, but hearing it is pay on the gate in the away end, me and another Villan in our office are half tempted to go in there to watch.

Bluenose colleague of mine asked me if i wanted to tag along with him. Clearly, I'd rather have my kidneys removed without anaesthetic than sit alongside those scum, but hearing it is pay on the gate in the away end, me and another Villan in our office are half tempted to go in there to watch.

I am not mate. Firstly its a money thing

Secondly, I have been to see them at St Andrews a couple of times since I moved down here. Both resulted in getting kocked out of the league cup and it hurt like hell to see their fans celebrating and then having to meet up with bluenose mates that were there as well. I thought about it and decided that if it happened again, that I just couldnt cope with the disappointment. The stakes are just so high tomorrow.

Weak as fuck I know but I just couldnt stand it - it will be hard enough going to work on Tuesday to face it

What absolutely amazes me (but shouldn't- after all he is an ex Man U idol so the media wank over his every word) is that he never ever gets any stick for the abject shite players he has paid over 40 million for. Can you just ever imagine if Keegan had bought players like Chopra or Reid In January? He would be getting slaughtered now even more than he is in the press. As it is they just blithely ignore it, it's staggering really.

For this reason alone I hope beyond hope that they go down.

I can even remember Richardson (another fantastic buy) saying they would be fighting for a European place by now, but nobody accuses them of being delusional and just forgets about it.

I am not mate. Firstly its a money thing

Secondly, I have been to see them at St Andrews a couple of times since I moved down here. Both resulted in getting kocked out of the league cup and it hurt like hell to see their fans celebrating and then having to meet up with bluenose mates that were there as well. I thought about it and decided that if it happened again, that I just couldnt cope with the disappointment. The stakes are just so high tomorrow.

Weak as fuck I know but I just couldnt stand it - it will be hard enough going to work on Tuesday to face it

I fully understand.

I refuse to go and watch us play there. Partly on the basis of not wanting to face scenes akin to Fallujah during the US assault before and after the game, but mainly - truth be told - after the sheer hell and aftermath of the Enckelman game in 2003.

What absolutely amazes me (but shouldn't- after all he is an ex Man U idol so the media w*** over his every word) is that he never ever gets any stick for the abject s**** players he has paid over 40 million for. Can you just ever imagine if Keegan had bought players like Chopra or Reid In January? He would be getting slaughtered now even more than he is in the press. As it is they just blithely ignore it, it's staggering really.

I can even remember Richardson (another fantastic buy) saying they would be fighting for a European place by now, but nobody accuses them of being delusional and just forgets about it.

The press are being very very gentle on him for whatever reason.

What absolutely amazes me (but shouldn't- after all he is an ex Man U idol so the media w*** over his every word) is that he never ever gets any stick for the abject s**** players he has paid over 40 million for. Can you just ever imagine if Keegan had bought players like Chopra or Reid In January? He would be getting slaughtered now even more than he is in the press. As it is they just blithely ignore it, it's staggering really.

Because at the minute Sunderland dont sell newspapers and they just dont appear on the radar of the commen football football fan

Have PM'd you mate

Because at the minute Sunderland dont sell newspapers and they just dont appear on the radar of the commen football football fan

Nah I still think it's because most of the journalists wank over Keane.

Keane is a cunt, ferguson is a cunt, so yeah he probably is the next one.

The money Keane spent, he should fucking keep them up. If he doesnt its a major failing, over £40m on absolute shite, as mentioned on here, if one of our managers had made these signings they would be hell on. When you listen to phone-ins though, seems like many of the mackem scum dont like him any more

Michael Chopra Cardiff £ 5m

Kieran Richardson Man Utd £ 5.5m

Dickson Etuhu Norwich £ 1.5m

Paul McShane West Brom £ 2.5m

Craig Gordon Hearts £ 9m

Andy Cole Portsmouth Free 

Kenwyne Jones Southampton £ 6m 

Ian Harte Levante Free

Danny Higginbotham Stoke £ 2.5m

Jean-Yves Mvoto Mvoto Paris St-G. £ 300,000 

Phil Bardsley Man Utd £ 2m

Rade Prica Aalborg £ 2m

Andy Reid Charlton £ 4m

Fuck me, there really are some turds in that lot. :lol:

Guest toonlass

The money Keane spent, he should fucking keep them up. If he doesnt its a major failing, over £40m on absolute shite, as mentioned on here, if one of our managers had made these signings they would be hell on. When you listen to phone-ins though, seems like many of the mackem scum dont like him any more

Craig Gordon Hearts £ 9m

Ian Harte Levante Free

Rade Prica Aalborg £ 2m

Andy Reid Charlton £ 4m

I don't take much notice of the scum down the road, but WHO????

Also someone once said "you buy championship quality players and guess where you end up?"

That's the second time someone has payed around £4m for Andy Reid. Unbelieveable.

Btw, Rade Prica, the guy from Aalborg, is the 6th chioce striker in Sweden, behind Ibrahimovic, Elmander, Allbäck, Marcus Berg and Marcus Rosenberg. Not very good.

That's the second time someone has payed around £4m for Andy Reid. Unbelieveable.

Btw, Rade Prica, the guy from Aalborg, is the 6th chioce striker in Sweden, behind Ibrahimovic, Elmander, Allbäck, Marcus Berg and Marcus Rosenberg. Not very good.

Yeah it's very strange that Keegan, who has not spent a penny and has had to take over someone else's problems, is so castigated by the press while the muppet down the road has spent £40M plus on a team which is STILL below us and seems to get away without criticism.

I can see Man U opting for Hughes ahead of Keane when Fergie retires, he did well with the scum last season but I think he has a longggg way to go before he can be classed as the new Fergie.

I can see Man U opting for Hughes ahead of Keane when Fergie retires, he did well with the scum last season but I think he has a longggg way to go before he can be classed as the new Fergie.

Ferguson was a great manager before ManU with what he did at Aberdeen.

Only thing Keane seems to have in common is trying to get inside referee's heads and the tunnel vision to deny all the decisions they get in their favour.

Craig Gordon Hearts £ 9m

Ian Harte Levante Free

Rade Prica Aalborg £ 2m

Andy Reid Charlton £ 4m

I don't take much notice of the scum down the road, but WHO????

Also someone once said "you buy championship quality players and guess where you end up?"

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=316502