Birmingham City 1 - 1 Newcastle - 17/03/08 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Guest 22bnw

This isn't funny anymore, if we lose today we may well be f****d

This is tacticless shite and Kevin Keegan is useless.

Our players are not that bad and on paper our team is miles ahead of Birmingham's - so what the f*** is wrong?

Our players are not that bad and on paper our team is miles ahead of Birmingham's - so what the f*** is wrong?

Agree Keegan has his team selection and formation wrong yet again just like at Liverpool.

So many square pegs in round holes Sam Allardyce may as well still be here.

Guest teepee

you all seem so certain that bolton are up for the drop - but how about fulham - they may still get a decent run going, leaving us with derby and bolton

We are playing good football, but were despertly lacking creativity in final third, Martins, Viduka and Owen have been lacking the service, Viduka is trying really hard but he can't beat the whole Brum defence on his own..

I think were still not out of it, we can still win this..

Since when we last time really delivered the ball to our forwards? Not for the last 5 years I think...Can't really blame Owen or co. for not getting the goals as they're not getting the chances at all!

What I don't understand is that a major part of Keegan's repertoire is supposed to be confidence-building. I know we've been getting shit results but this lot look so scared it's untrue. From the first whistle.

i don't think i can believe that the problems we're having are down do the team selection, tactics and team talks (excuse the alliteration...), it's down to the players and once again they show they neither care nor at least pretend to care when it comes to actually being on the pitch.  If there's one little bit of light at the end of the tunnel that is relegation, it's that every single player who cares more about their wage packets than the crest that's on their shirt will be long gone...for me that's arguably the most evident thing from the first half.  ...That, and that Joey Barton wouldn't know how to be creative even if it was stubbed out onto his eyeball on the end of a cigar...

Guest Shibby

Watching the halftime highlights.

Faye is a F*kin useless softie. Can't beleive he's getting bullied by Mcfadden!

Why do we keep buying crap defenders?

Guest JamesD

This is tacticless s**** and Kevin Keegan is useless.

why is there this assumption that our players are really good? Anyone who's watched games this season should know that quite a few of them simply aren't good enough.

Guest stjamestoon

Watching the halftime highlights.

Faye is a F*kin useless softie. Can't beleive he's getting bullied by Mcfadden!

Why do we keep buying crap defenders?

because good defenders goto good teams!!

I'm standing behind Keegan trying the formation, said before kick off it was a good idea.

It hasn't worked, time to change it. Smith for Dukes at some point this half, Carroll for Owen and Zog for Enrique (Jose has done as well/bad as any but despite their shortcomings we need the bite of Barton and Butt this half)

:lol:

Bring on two strikers that can't score, in place of two that at least have a proven goal scoring record?'

:lol:

The defence is so unorganised it's unbelievable, when they clear it they don't even step out, just stay where they are. Also when they hoof one up to the strikers, it comes back most of the time 5 seconds or so later, they haven't moved. It just invited pressure. Not being able to clear the ball + defending deep = suicide.

We're playing to much in the center of the pitch, needs to go down both flanks. We need to finnish the attacks with a shot atleas, not just loose the ball all the time.

This isnt and wasnt owens game, its too fysical :\

The team has no shape. And that's the fault of the manager.