Fulham (h) pre-match thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm kinda hoping Viduka suffers a setback in training, nothing major just enough to keep him out of Saturdays game, just to see if Keegan will stick with the 4-3-3 and play Carroll.

I wonder if he would have gone 4-3-3 if Milner had been fit for Brum..

Carroll ahead of Viduka? what the f*** is wrong with people on this board

Just fancied seeing three mobile strikers instead of 2 and a one that cannot jump and seems to run in quick sand, a quality first touch is not enough.

I think Carroll deserves a shot but I also honestly think he will be more of a goal threat than Viduka.

Dukes is not much of a target an seeing as he cannot jump and we seem unable to pass the ball into his chest or feet.

Difficult to say how good Carroll will be or is at present. We need as many attacking options available as possible though.

Difficult to say how good Carroll will be or is at present. We need as many attacking options available as possible though.

Aye, even harder to say how he will be if he does no get a chance though..

I wouldn't start Carroll. I wouldn't swap any of the strikers tbh. Needless changing what is potentially an attacking line-up that might actually be working.

Hell, it nearly won us a game against a side better than what we're just about to play.

If we are going to play three strikers, Viduka is obviously going to be one of them. Even without mobility, his touch, hold up play and goal threat will put him ahead of Carroll at the moment.

Will KK only make changes though to tighten things up? I cannot see him making the Viduka Carroll swap even if we are losing. He would stick with all three for 90 mins and try to get a goal, if anything he would swap a midfielder for Zoggy and look for more attacking options that way.

If we can't beat Fulham at home, we deserve to be relegated to League One imo.

Just missing out The Championship completely? Aye?

Yes. That's how bad it would be if we can't beat Fulham. They are a total shower.

If we can't beat them, the Championship would be too kind a reward tbh.

If we can't beat Fulham at home, we deserve to be relegated to League One imo.

I know what you mean. If we don't pick up enough points, especially given the teams we have at home, we'll really only have ourselves to blame.

Aye, even harder to say how he will be if he does no get a chance though..

He was awful for Preston, and it's not as if we manage to put loads of chances through to our strikers.

KK was delighted with the Geremi-Butt-Barton midfield so i think they will start against Fulham... :S

You beat me too it.  Think it will be the same as last night.  Barton clearly has the weight of being bummed stupid in nick written all over him, anyone one gets near him and he panics..

Geremi - no good on the right - better in the middle (marginally) if he has to play - just let some other fooker take the free kicks..  A gamble  but I would go for Duff, Butt and Zoggy in the middle and keep it the same otherwise.  At least they (Duff and Zog) can pass and put a ball in for the three up front.  Seems pointless playing 4-3-3 otherwise with 3 players in the middle that cannot pass.

Keegan saying Geremi was great scares the shite out of me. 

Thought Duke did ok last night all things considered.

Not sure how the game will go - we should beat them, we must however score a goal early on and make it two quickly after that.

KK was delighted with the Geremi-Butt-Barton midfield so i think they will start against Fulham... :S

I dont have  much of a problem with that although N'Zogbia in for Barton would be my preference. Barton's passing can't get any worse than it was last night and Geremi should be sharper and hopefully his corners and crosses will be better. Butt and also Barton did a lot of good work defensively last night it has to be said.

Geremi's set pieces were poor last night and his play in general was rusty before the 2nd half. That said, he should still take the set pieces because he's usually good at it.